2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

10/2/2019 10:54 PM



Wild speculation, but when is Blenkis contract up with Norco? YT perhaps??
|

10/2/2019 11:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2019 11:24 PM

ClubRoost wrote:

Wild speculation, but when is Blenkis contract up with Norco? YT perhaps??

GT with the other Kiwis? Be a good fit I reckon.

|

10/3/2019 8:30 AM

I just wanted to say Hi to a few of the bike companies who have employees watching this thread and shitting bricks and looking for someone to blame within their company for spilling the beans.

|

10/4/2019 3:16 PM

stoic_machine wrote:

I just wanted to say Hi to a few of the bike companies who have employees watching this thread and shitting bricks and looking for someone to blame within their company for spilling the beans.

This makes me happy

|

10/4/2019 3:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2019 3:28 PM

stoic_machine wrote:

I just wanted to say Hi to a few of the bike companies who have employees watching this thread and shitting bricks and looking for someone to blame within their company for spilling the beans.

It's all about those after work/ride beers with the bros. Long Sips make Loose Lips! Yo G! We should meet up for a pint or two!

|

10/5/2019 7:04 PM

Off topic... Sandler, Gatto, Brown, Holden... the women of the sport are on their way to Utah... more than just for fun!

|

10/7/2019 6:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2019 6:52 AM

Jakers wrote:

Off topic... Sandler, Gatto, Brown, Holden... the women of the sport are on their way to Utah... more than just for fun!

I believe Casey Brown has a riding video coming out in a month or two. My guess is they are shooting a segment for that.


|

10/7/2019 7:52 AM

Jakers wrote:

Off topic... Sandler, Gatto, Brown, Holden... the women of the sport are on their way to Utah... more than just for fun!

In a YouTube post, Remy Metatier seemed to state that Gatto had died in some horrible accident. Then the post disappeared. Haven't heard anything else. I do hope that she's ripping trails is peace and not resting in peace.

|

10/7/2019 7:58 AM

Jakers wrote:

Off topic... Sandler, Gatto, Brown, Holden... the women of the sport are on their way to Utah... more than just for fun!

Big Bird wrote:

In a YouTube post, Remy Metatier seemed to state that Gatto had died in some horrible accident. Then the post disappeared. Haven't heard anything else. I do hope that she's ripping trails is peace and not resting in peace.

Different Mikayla. There was a skier-cross racer from Squamish that died a few days ago in a bike accident in Squamish. Assuming that is the one he means

|

10/7/2019 7:59 AM

Jakers wrote:

Off topic... Sandler, Gatto, Brown, Holden... the women of the sport are on their way to Utah... more than just for fun!

stoic_machine wrote:

I believe Casey Brown has a riding video coming out in a month or two. My guess is they are shooting a segment for that.


Doubt she will be doing much riding with broken collarbone. On one of the latest ig posts she wrote:
"I won’t be riding but I’ll be there with some of the best riders I know, can’t wait for this historic session to go down"

|

10/7/2019 11:07 AM

I was at the Whistler bike park this past Saturday and I saw Remi Gauvin riding what looked to be a raw aluminum DH prototype that was awfully similar looking to the new Slayer... Do you guys think they will come back to DH racing or are they just designing another park bike?!

|

10/7/2019 4:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2019 5:11 PM

#formation
Seagrave
Kintner
Gatto
Brown
Sandler
Holden
Verbeeck
Bergemann

|

10/7/2019 11:55 PM

What’s going on there?
Just some more Instagram rumors

|

10/8/2019 9:02 AM

Probably recovery process, where he's sitting on a bike from a competitive brand. So black it out.

I'd say there's nothing here. Unless Brook signed a different deal before his injury. But either case, it's too early to ride competing products already I'd say.

|

10/8/2019 12:36 PM

Florian_Härtinger wrote:

What’s going on there?
Just some more Instagram rumors

Crutches ... I really hope a full recovery for him.

|

10/8/2019 2:39 PM

E bike maybe to get him spinning? Does mondraker have an ebike? If not likely one from another brand.

|

10/8/2019 2:57 PM

I was thinking that his physo hasn't cleared him to be on a bike yet but he couldn't help himself to sit on one.

|

10/8/2019 3:40 PM

clem-mk wrote:

Crutches ... I really hope a full recovery for him.

I think you're right given the update PB just posted about him walking again. I'm so happy to hear he is recovering so fast! Only 40 days after his spinal injury he is already walking... nothing can stop the bulldog!!!

|

10/8/2019 8:02 PM

From the angle of the photo if he was wouldnt you see the rear tire at least.

|

10/8/2019 11:48 PM

Florian_Härtinger wrote:

What’s going on there?
Just some more Instagram rumors

clem-mk wrote:

Crutches ... I really hope a full recovery for him.

millsr4 wrote:

I think you're right given the update PB just posted about him walking again. I'm so happy to hear he is recovering so fast! Only 40 days after his spinal injury he is already walking... nothing can stop the bulldog!!!

Yep given the update and his posture it's may be more a rollator (walker). Maybe there's some stickers on it to speculate on though 😊

|

10/11/2019 9:38 PM

Barry wrote:

I bet that there’s another U.K. rider on the red bull helmet programme next year

UK banned sales of energy drinks to anyone under 16 this year correct? That had to have a big hit on can sales, i doubt they will be looking to expand athletes

|

10/14/2019 7:47 AM

Loving this thread... when I was in Finale a few weeks back I saw kiwi Cole Lucas in deep conversation with some of the guys from Specialized. He did seam really drunk though lol

He knows other Vanzac Dave who is on spesh really well too, could be somthing.

|

10/14/2019 8:40 AM

Millet johnset was doing a pumptrack/duel slalom thing in Trysil norway a week ago, and she was on a GT trailbike.

Might be b/c Trysil Bike arena is sponsered by GT, or might be an old bike, but i thougt it was strange that she was not on a atherton bike. Or?

|

10/14/2019 11:54 AM

SB14 wrote:

Millet johnset was doing a pumptrack/duel slalom thing in Trysil norway a week ago, and she was on a GT trailbike.

Might be b/c Trysil Bike arena is sponsered by GT, or might be an old bike, but i thougt it was strange that she was not on a atherton bike. Or?

I’d doubt Atherton has a lot of trail bikes lying around. More likely she just doesn’t have anything from them besides her dh bike at the moment.

|

10/14/2019 5:28 PM

Seagraves to Atherton bikes.

|

10/14/2019 7:45 PM

oliosky wrote:

Seagraves to Atherton bikes.

That would be huge. It would be fun to see what a non Atherton would choose for geometry.

|

10/14/2019 8:51 PM

oliosky wrote:

Seagraves to Atherton bikes.

That would mean Rachel's retirement and Tahnee leaving the family team...not sure if both of those are happening..

|

10/14/2019 9:54 PM

oliosky wrote:

Seagraves to Atherton bikes.

Brian_Peterson wrote:

That would mean Rachel's retirement and Tahnee leaving the family team...not sure if both of those are happening..

Maybe neither of those are happening. Atherton team continues on and FMD pick up a new UK based bike partner?

|

10/15/2019 4:39 AM

Florian_Härtinger wrote:

What’s going on there?
Just some more Instagram rumors

Pretty awesome that he posted a vid last night of his first pedal around on flat ground

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.

10/15/2019 6:17 AM

oliosky wrote:

Maybe neither of those are happening. Atherton team continues on and FMD pick up a new UK based bike partner?

Does Atherton bikes have enough money to support a second team? I'm not sure about that...

|