2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

metadave
9/27/2020 12:06pm
Does anyone know how many seasons Jack's last minute canyon contract was for?
brash
9/27/2020 2:53pm
metadave wrote:
Does anyone know how many seasons Jack's last minute canyon contract was for?
I was wondering the same, the Jack Stonks value must be high!

danposs86
10/13/2020 2:50am
So the exact same text as on Pinkbike (as they copy and pasted that press release).
10/13/2020 3:44am Edited Date/Time 10/13/2020 3:45am
I don't see him joining an existing team, I guess he'll follow Gwin's steps.
LLLLL
10/13/2020 5:00am
Spomer time for a 2021 team rumours thread. Sarason has started early.
10/13/2020 5:06am
Here's the full text announcing the 2021 roster movements for Madison Saracen:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a year where it’s fair to say that things haven’t gone to plan in the downhill world – or the sports world in general – here at Madison Saracen we’re looking forward to 2021 with a renewed sense of optimism and some changes to the line-up.

For 2021 we’re introducing a well-rounded team capable of great results in three different categories. First up is Jordan Williams, an exciting young talent who joins the Factory team to ride in the junior category after two successful years as a development rider. We’ve been committed to developing young talent at Madison Saracen, and with our Elite Male rider Matt Walker there to mentor Jordan he’s in good hands. Matt himself has his sights set on more World Cup podium success at the Elite level next year and we’re really excited to see him back on the hill on race weekend again.

Brand new to the team for next year is Elite Women’s rider Veronika Widmann. Ranked no.3 by the UCI, Veronika has shown tremendous improvement and determination to make it onto the World Cup podium and we’re incredibly excited that she’s chosen Madison Saracen to be the next chapter in her career. Veronika will be a valuable addition to the team both on and off the race track, and her presence and interaction with fans makes her an excellent ambassador for all things MTB.

Veronika said: “I’m beyond stoked and grateful for the opportunity to begin with Madison Saracen. It’s a dream setup and I can’t wait for the new season.”

One final addition to Madison Saracen as Assistant Manager is Harry Molloy, returning to the team where he was one of the original riders back in 2011. Harry has gone on to manage his own team whilst continuing to race, picking up knowledge and experience that will help all the team riders as he supports them on and off the hill. Harry will also take on some individual challenges and events that showcase the best in our sponsors products. From gravel to big mountain, it’s time to share some adventures.

Looking forward to 2021 Will Longden, Team Manager said “I’m excited to be heading this talented team of riders, who each show a fresh enthusiasm and determination to achieve their best. It reignites my passion for the sport and I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead. Getting stuck in to what Madison Saracen Team is all about, developing talent to the highest level and inspiring everyone to get out and ride.”

Dom Langan, CEO of Madison and Sportline, said “Firstly I would like to thank Danny for everything he brought to the team over the last three years and I wish him every success for the future. I am also delighted to see Jordan Williams move up from our development team to follow in the footsteps of Matt Walker, as the development of young talent is key to the ethos of the team. The Madison Saracen team enjoyed early success with our first female rider, Manon Carpenter, and I am very pleased to have Veronika joining the team with a very promising future ahead of her.”

As you may have realised by now, we have made the decision not to renew Danny Hart’s contract for next season. Thanks to Danny for a great three years including a memorable World Cup win in Snowshoe and best of luck for the future.
Ahab
10/13/2020 6:02am
Who drops Danny Hart? Did you hit your head?
danposs86
10/13/2020 6:07am
How do we know it wasn't Danny's choice top leave to a new/his own team?
Ahab
10/13/2020 6:14am Edited Date/Time 10/13/2020 6:15am
danposs86 wrote:
It's in the last line of the press release.

LLLLL
10/13/2020 6:15am
LLLLL wrote:
Early?! It's october
True, but it’s been an unusual year, the season has only just started 😳
danposs86
10/13/2020 6:16am Edited Date/Time 10/13/2020 6:17am
danposs86 wrote:
Ahab wrote:
It's in the last line of the press release.

Could just be saving face?

Maybe Danny asked for more money knowing they might not go for it, so they said no.
danposs86
10/13/2020 6:19am
Just seen on PB that Danny's dad replied on their IG post:

"pauljameshart - The truth will come out. Seriously he is better off out of such a toxic environment."
Verbl Kint
10/13/2020 6:46am
LLLLL wrote:
A bit late actually, considering the past ones started around September. Smile

But the season did start really late so...
bb rides
10/13/2020 6:50am
Vali joining the mob?

it might be nothing, because on the mobs instagram there is the same picture without here name, this was posted by yt industries
krabo83
10/13/2020 8:16am
bb rides wrote:
Vali joining the mob? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2020/10/13/9965/s1200_vali.jpg[/img] it might be nothing, because on the mobs instagram there is the same picture without here name, this was posted by...
Vali joining the mob?

it might be nothing, because on the mobs instagram there is the same picture without here name, this was posted by yt industries
i think she is just in their pits, still sponsored by TLD and SRAM as far as i know.
Primoz
10/13/2020 8:25am
LLLLL wrote:
Early?! It's october
The season just started!! Not even actually, if you don't count the world champs as part of the season (as in the cup).

:D
Capricorn
10/13/2020 8:52am
iceman2058 wrote:
Here's the full text announcing the 2021 roster movements for Madison Saracen: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- After a year where it’s fair to say that things haven’t gone to...
Here's the full text announcing the 2021 roster movements for Madison Saracen:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a year where it’s fair to say that things haven’t gone to plan in the downhill world – or the sports world in general – here at Madison Saracen we’re looking forward to 2021 with a renewed sense of optimism and some changes to the line-up.

For 2021 we’re introducing a well-rounded team capable of great results in three different categories. First up is Jordan Williams, an exciting young talent who joins the Factory team to ride in the junior category after two successful years as a development rider. We’ve been committed to developing young talent at Madison Saracen, and with our Elite Male rider Matt Walker there to mentor Jordan he’s in good hands. Matt himself has his sights set on more World Cup podium success at the Elite level next year and we’re really excited to see him back on the hill on race weekend again.

Brand new to the team for next year is Elite Women’s rider Veronika Widmann. Ranked no.3 by the UCI, Veronika has shown tremendous improvement and determination to make it onto the World Cup podium and we’re incredibly excited that she’s chosen Madison Saracen to be the next chapter in her career. Veronika will be a valuable addition to the team both on and off the race track, and her presence and interaction with fans makes her an excellent ambassador for all things MTB.

Veronika said: “I’m beyond stoked and grateful for the opportunity to begin with Madison Saracen. It’s a dream setup and I can’t wait for the new season.”

One final addition to Madison Saracen as Assistant Manager is Harry Molloy, returning to the team where he was one of the original riders back in 2011. Harry has gone on to manage his own team whilst continuing to race, picking up knowledge and experience that will help all the team riders as he supports them on and off the hill. Harry will also take on some individual challenges and events that showcase the best in our sponsors products. From gravel to big mountain, it’s time to share some adventures.

Looking forward to 2021 Will Longden, Team Manager said “I’m excited to be heading this talented team of riders, who each show a fresh enthusiasm and determination to achieve their best. It reignites my passion for the sport and I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead. Getting stuck in to what Madison Saracen Team is all about, developing talent to the highest level and inspiring everyone to get out and ride.”

Dom Langan, CEO of Madison and Sportline, said “Firstly I would like to thank Danny for everything he brought to the team over the last three years and I wish him every success for the future. I am also delighted to see Jordan Williams move up from our development team to follow in the footsteps of Matt Walker, as the development of young talent is key to the ethos of the team. The Madison Saracen team enjoyed early success with our first female rider, Manon Carpenter, and I am very pleased to have Veronika joining the team with a very promising future ahead of her.”

As you may have realised by now, we have made the decision not to renew Danny Hart’s contract for next season. Thanks to Danny for a great three years including a memorable World Cup win in Snowshoe and best of luck for the future.
The fact it's an afterthought posing as a footnote, suggests it was an acrimonious split. Hardly the way one expects to treat one of the greatest riders of our time.
Hart's dad's post firms this up.
10/13/2020 9:00am
Capricorn wrote:
The fact it's an afterthought posing as a footnote, suggests it was an acrimonious split. Hardly the way one expects to treat one of the greatest...
The fact it's an afterthought posing as a footnote, suggests it was an acrimonious split. Hardly the way one expects to treat one of the greatest riders of our time.
Hart's dad's post firms this up.
Nothing to back this up but maybe Saracen is having to cut racing budget and Danny is a hot ticket item...

Post a reply to: 2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest