Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

5/28/2020 8:30 PM

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

Nestoroff seems to be selling off a bunch of his KHS stuff new or almost new on instagram.

COVID might be hitting some racers harder than others. I saw Keegan Wright was looking for a job in NZ until racing starts up again.

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

5/28/2020 9:54 PM

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

Nestoroff seems to be selling off a bunch of his KHS stuff new or almost new on instagram.

Broken_spoke.photo wrote:

COVID might be hitting some racers harder than others. I saw Keegan Wright was looking for a job in NZ until racing starts up again.

Life. We all figure out a way to press on.

|

5/28/2020 10:03 PM

More likely that it makes sense to get a job if you're not racing a bike. The bike contracts aren't much anyhow. And he's just sitting at home until the fall, why not get a job? There are very few MTB racers who can afford to not have a side job. Especially if their race season just got canceled.

|

5/28/2020 11:33 PM

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

Every time I see KHS mentioned, I’m amazed they’re still around. Mainly because no bike pub covers them unless it’s related to a self-created video.

|

5/29/2020 10:10 AM

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

RiderMikeCheck1 wrote:

More likely that it makes sense to get a job if you're not racing a bike. The bike contracts aren't much anyhow. And he's just sitting at home until the fall, why not get a job? There are very few MTB racers who can afford to not have a side job. Especially if their race season just got canceled.

He's in NZ, waiting around until summer...

|

6/11/2020 9:12 AM

Sram/RockShox had a deal with Trek Factory XC until Tokio 2020. same for Anton Cooper that signed with Trek until end 2020. I wonder with the Olympic being moved to 2021 how will these deals work.
Alan Hatherly deal with Specialized team ends this year too, but he´s likely staying next year too

|

6/13/2020 5:08 PM

In Rachel's most recent video you can see that Gee's bike is running what look to be Minion DHR II tires. There's also another Atherton bike pictured that has a Bontrager G5 or SE5 mounted. The final photo is from Gee's Ft. Bill course preview from last year, it definitely looks like a Bontrager G5. A few thoughts...

1. The Atherton/Conti marriage is over and Gee is, in fact running Minions or old Bontragers from the Trek team days.

2. Conti is developing a minion knockoff. This would make sense to me as it seems like the conti stuff hasn't been very competitive for quite a while, and their take on a minion might actually be pretty good with the Black Chili Compound.

3. The bike with the Bontrager tires is possibly Rachel's boyfriend (even though earlier in the video you see he has continentals on the bike). Being that hes not part of Atherton racing he wouldn't have an obligation to Continental, and it would make sense that one of the Atherton sibs would have some Bontragers laying around the shed.

What have you all heard?? What do you think? Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/14/2020 5:58 AM

Hoping for a new Conti tyre. The compound is known to be very good (the only soft compound that doesn't get brittle in the cold), but Der Baron is a mid spike tyre, which I see no point in running daily. Der Kaiser is supposedly very underwhelming in some areas of use, te TrailKing is a joke for 'serious riding' (it's an XC tyre), so a new tread design makes sense.

|

6/14/2020 7:32 AM

Gee said in a podcast interview this week that they're working on new tyres with Conti. Bet would be that they're proto, or Conti have shut down in lockdown and they're running what they've got lying around when there's no media scrutiny on them.

|

6/14/2020 10:28 AM

There's also benchmarking...

|

6/26/2020 5:08 AM

I've been thinking... The new Meta lineup was released by Commencal and it features Ohlins shocks. That means that the Specialized exclusivity deal has run out and Ohlins is free to play for everybody.

Does that mean we will maybe see them represented more widely in the world cup as well? Who are the candidates that could (right now, given their sponsorship structure) switch over? Are all FOX teams free to play here considering they usually run Shimano as opposed to the package deal that is Sram?

|

6/26/2020 5:50 AM

Primoz wrote:

I've been thinking... The new Meta lineup was released by Commencal and it features Ohlins shocks. That means that the Specialized exclusivity deal has run out and Ohlins is free to play for everybody.

Does that mean we will maybe see them represented more widely in the world cup as well? Who are the candidates that could (right now, given their sponsorship structure) switch over? Are all FOX teams free to play here considering they usually run Shimano as opposed to the package deal that is Sram?

I doubt it. Maybe if Öhlins start a full service tent, but I think for most teams the fox/SRAM service tents are too good of an asset to pass on.

|