2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

2/12/2020 10:02 PM

|

Mörkrostat kokkaffe.

2/13/2020 1:54 AM

OK, enough e-bike and truck rumors, back on track with this team announcement from Nina Hoffman:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Stif Mountain Bikes and Nina Hoffmann Join Forces

Stif Mountain Bikes is ready to kick start the 2020 race season in a big way – we’re stoked to announce that rising DH World Cup star, Nina Hoffmann, will be flying the Stif Mountain Bikes flag across the globe throughout 2020 under the team name: Nina Hoffmann Racing - Stif

In 2019 the 23-year old German racer proved she was a force to be reckoned with aboard her Santa Cruz V10 and showcased some incredible results, including a 2nd place podium spot at the UCI World Cup in Leogang. Nina’s insane levels of dedication as a rider, coupled with our support and 100% mountain bike focus, provides a killer recipe for more podiums and good times throughout the 2020 season.

Stif is founded on a passion for racing bikes and it has led to us supporting a host of riders over the seasons. The past few years our race team has become an extension of the Stif family and represented at some of Europe's biggest race events. Welcoming Nina’s energy to the Stif crew reflects a desire to serve more riders across Europe.

Nina – ‘’Joining Stif means I can continue working with the best brands on the market. Santa Cruz and Juliana have been my bike sponsors for 3 years now. With Reserve wheels coming onboard now too it’s a racing platform I couldn’t be more comfortable with. I’m so excited to leave the start gate at the first world cup round in Lousa this year!’’

Nina will be attending every World Cup round, some IXS cups and a variety of other downhill and Enduro races. She founded her own UCI Team as a means to compete at the highest level on her own terms.

Nina: - “Establishing my own UCI team reflects a kind of self-fulfillment for me. Individuality and independence are, and always have been, important factors in my life. I love planning and organizing while learning new things and developing myself and my ideas further. Thanks to the backing of Stif and my partners, I am able to create a new professional structure while maintaining the familiar environment necessary for me to channel maximum focus into the races. Everything is in place and we can’t wait for the season to unfold – here’s to 2020!”

Nina Hoffmann Racing - Stif is operated by team manager Sven Heitmann and mechanic Erik Fickelscheer thanks to the support of the partners:

Thanks also to Nina’s local partners: Horn2Horn (Sascha), Andreas from GOT (Andreas), TOQ (Jena, Alexander) & the JenBike team

Photo credit: Mick Kirkman

racing@nina-hoffmann.com

About Stif Mountain Bikes
Founded in 1984, Stif has been serving the mountain bike community worldwide from our base in Yorkshire, England, for over 30 years. Fuelled by an unyielding passion for mountain biking, Stif has built a reputation as the country’s leading mountain bike store and is about to open a brand new store in the south of the UK located in Winterbourne, Bristol. www.stifmtb.com

|

2/13/2020 2:03 AM

So Stif is Jungle, and Jungle is Santa Cruz, that is as close to factory as you can get without being on the Syndicate.

|

2/13/2020 3:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2020 3:51 AM

danposs86 wrote:

So Stif is Jungle, and Jungle is Santa Cruz, that is as close to factory as you can get without being on the Syndicate.

Or to put it another way, this is as close to "Individuality and independence" as Nina is going to get, and fulfils her personal ambition of establishing her own UCI team. I sincerely doubt The Syndicate would not want such an accomplished, entrepreneurial and ambitious individual on the team. [Edit: I would find it hard to imagine they haven't recognised her potential and helped her to source this deal to ensure she stays on their bikes, but then Nina may have pulled this thing together all on her own.] I wish her every success

|

2/13/2020 3:50 AM

danposs86 wrote:

Ooji wrote:

Or to put it another way, this is as close to "Individuality and independence" as Nina is going to get, and fulfils her personal ambition of establishing her own UCI team. I sincerely doubt The Syndicate would not want such an accomplished, entrepreneurial and ambitious individual on the team. [Edit: I would find it hard to imagine they haven't recognised her potential and helped her to source this deal to ensure she stays on their bikes, but then Nina may have pulled this thing together all on her own.] I wish her every success

Yep, SC looks to have made up a team to hold on to her, pretty cool.

|

2/13/2020 7:04 AM

danposs86 wrote:

Ooji wrote:

LLLLL wrote:

Which looks to back up my theory that Santa Cruz wants to hold on to her until a spot opens up on the Syndicate.. Looking at her bike, it looks like it would be a seamless transition to the main roster...

|

2/13/2020 7:33 AM

Brian_Peterson wrote:

Which looks to back up my theory that Santa Cruz wants to hold on to her until a spot opens up on the Syndicate.. Looking at her bike, it looks like it would be a seamless transition to the main roster...

We'll have to wait and see.
Personally I wouldn't see moving from my own team, that I had set up myself, to become just another racer under someone else's banner as anything less than a downgrade. But then again, I completely vibe with her emphasis on individuality and independence in the release.

|

2/13/2020 7:46 AM

|

2/13/2020 8:49 AM

LLLLL wrote:

Brian_Peterson wrote:

Ooji wrote:

Personally I wouldn't see moving from my own team, that I had set up myself, to become just another racer under someone else's banner as anything less than a downgrade. But then again, I completely vibe with her emphasis on individuality and independence in the release.

It depends on the person I guess. That's exactly what Ed Masters did when he went to Pivot. He ran the Bergamont team and set that up himself but says he's happy being on a team and leaving the organizing to Bernard.

|

Sunshine & Slippery Trail

2/13/2020 9:20 AM

metadave wrote:

As long a hes get keeps those deals coming because he appeals to those other 50 year old guys with too much money because they hate they're life's and live through him, richie is living the dream. Not to take away from what he did for the sport in anyway, I'm stoked he's still at it and doing his thing, but that's his audience now and they have way more disposable dollars than the 15 year old kids watching slopestyle that has Ticket taste and a 2005 Norco Katmandu budget. Didn't he have a sponsored AMG G-wagon a few years ago.

Also, his website is gold. Wow. Almost as bad as that Fezzari.

So go to the website at my own risk ?

|

2/13/2020 1:40 PM

That-Norco-Dude wrote:

Richie Schley gets atleast another year of "living the dream" signing with Fezzari and the most hideous E-bike to date.

metadave wrote:

As long a hes get keeps those deals coming because he appeals to those other 50 year old guys with too much money because they hate they're life's and live through him, richie is living the dream. Not to take away from what he did for the sport in anyway, I'm stoked he's still at it and doing his thing, but that's his audience now and they have way more disposable dollars than the 15 year old kids watching slopestyle that has Ticket taste and a 2005 Norco Katmandu budget. Didn't he have a sponsored AMG G-wagon a few years ago.

Also, his website is gold. Wow. Almost as bad as that Fezzari.

That-Norco-Dude wrote:

So go to the website at my own risk ?

It like a really good 90's geocities fan page

|

2/14/2020 11:34 AM

Ooji wrote:

There are benefits to being 'just one of the team'. Like not having to deal with picking up sponsors, taking care of business, etc. She might have people doing that for her, but if it's HER team, she is still the boss. If she's not, how is that different to being on another team? Okay, she's the main reason for this team being in existence, but surely the Syndicate has better recognition still.

|

2/15/2020 5:23 AM

|

2/15/2020 6:49 AM

|

2/15/2020 7:30 AM

I hope this is fake news. I'd like to see Tahnee have a tremendous tremendous season.

|

2/15/2020 7:38 AM

Damn that’s a devastating start to this new chapter. Healing vibes Tahnee, hope for a thorough and steady recovery.

|

2/15/2020 8:24 AM

The upside is if they bolt her back together, recovery time can be rather quick.. i did mine years ago and was pedaling in about 2 months after surgery...

|

2/15/2020 8:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2020 8:39 AM

...and know all the experts on The Other Site (and their endurocats) have opinions about what a pro mountainbiker is and isn't supposed to be doing in the off-season and how dirtjumping ”doesn't help at all” in downhill.

* rolls eyes *

|

2/15/2020 10:22 AM

The gram video is nasty when they locate her ankle back in place. Get well soon T.

|

2/15/2020 3:30 PM

Time to find some new heroes. All of ours dead and gone. "feels that way sometimes"

Oh...wait, that's that speedwing diving stuff. Nevermind...she'll be back. Yayyyy!

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.

2/16/2020 8:20 AM

Brian_Peterson wrote:

Ooji wrote:

Primoz wrote:

There are benefits to being 'just one of the team'. Like not having to deal with picking up sponsors, taking care of business, etc. She might have people doing that for her, but if it's HER team, she is still the boss. If she's not, how is that different to being on another team? Okay, she's the main reason for this team being in existence, but surely the Syndicate has better recognition still.

Well, recognition and a guaranteed paycheck aren't everything in life. For sure there are benefits, but where some can find those programs supportive others can find them confining. Plus, if Nina intends to have a career after hanging up her racing wheels, whether it be in the biking industry or otherwise, the experience of having her own team at the highest level will provide an excellent education and help to set her apart.

|

2/16/2020 7:50 PM

Ooji wrote:

Primoz wrote:

Ooji wrote:

Well, recognition and a guaranteed paycheck aren't everything in life. For sure there are benefits, but where some can find those programs supportive others can find them confining. Plus, if Nina intends to have a career after hanging up her racing wheels, whether it be in the biking industry or otherwise, the experience of having her own team at the highest level will provide an excellent education and help to set her apart.

Probably S.C just didn't have the budget this season, stuck to their financial plan & this dealer/distributor is looking to aggressively gain market share in their region.

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.

2/17/2020 10:15 AM

Cube global squad spotted riding new bike at team camp , ffs not another session , but hopefully can bring the cgs bois back in podium contention

|

2/17/2020 10:16 AM

|

2/17/2020 1:29 PM

Ooji wrote:

Primoz wrote:

Ooji wrote:

All true. Personally, I prefer the comfort of a 9-5 job as opposed to going at it on my own kinda deal. While the rewards are much higher in the latter case, the risk is too. And the rewards, for me, are high enough in the former case. That's why I said that there are benefits and for some they outweigh other possible benefits of the alternative.

|

2/17/2020 1:32 PM

ream tumors v1 wrote:

Cube global squad spotted riding new bike at team camp , ffs not another session , but hopefully can bring the cgs bois back in podium contention

The layout works, that's why everybody is 'copying' it. Also, it's not like they were the first ones...

|

2/18/2020 7:04 AM

miranda news
-----------------------------------
Miranda Factory Team renews its UCI status for 2020
ÁGUEDA, Portugal – (February 18, 2020) Looking ahead to a highly competitive season, Miranda Factory Team is preparing to present its 2020 team of top talent.

For the second consecutive year, the Portuguese team has renewed its status as a Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) team, thereby demonstrating once again that its main objective is to have a presence in competitions at the international level.

In addition to the usual Portuguese national championships and cups for downhill and enduro, the team's racing schedule will also include the DH World Championships and World Cups, the Enduro World Series, World E-Bike Series, and Bosch eMTB Challenge, as well as other notable events.

“This year we undoubtedly have a dream team stacked with young and capable athletes with whom we want to solidify our international reputation," said João Filipe Miranda, the brand's CMO. "We will work together because above all, we want a cohesive and united team. The project has grown since it started, several investments have been made, and we are very confident heading into the 2020 season.”

The official presentation of the Miranda Factory Team will be in Águeda (location to be determined) on February 21. The event will present all the athletes along with the technical team and staff, as well as sponsors.

More info is available at at: https://mirandafactoryteam.com

|

2/18/2020 10:02 AM

Diego caverzasi left cachet bikes and has not announced anybody else. Is there a reason no big sponsors will touch him? Seems like a regular contender for slopestyle podiums?

|

2/18/2020 1:57 PM

Primoz wrote:

Ooji wrote:

Primoz wrote:

All true. Personally, I prefer the comfort of a 9-5 job as opposed to going at it on my own kinda deal. While the rewards are much higher in the latter case, the risk is too. And the rewards, for me, are high enough in the former case. That's why I said that there are benefits and for some they outweigh other possible benefits of the alternative.

I think we're prettty agreed that there are pros and cons to either option, and that it really boils down to personal appetite for the risk v reward ratio. Certainly o one would say either option is easy, or a no-brainer.
Getting back to the deal Nina's struck- I think something has been missed in all the (dare I call it) disappointment she's not on The Syndicate, and that is that a female rider is now able to decline many offers from factory teams to source a lucrative deal for herself. I haven't seen or heard anyone else say anything about it, but it is potentially a watershed moment in the sport, as female athletes can now apparently stand on their own 2 feet as a solid product so to speak and not be regarded as the benefactors of sibling success or token-ism by those who might seek to undermine their achievements.

|

2/18/2020 2:45 PM

Ooji wrote:

Primoz wrote:

Ooji wrote:

I think we're prettty agreed that there are pros and cons to either option, and that it really boils down to personal appetite for the risk v reward ratio. Certainly o one would say either option is easy, or a no-brainer.
Getting back to the deal Nina's struck- I think something has been missed in all the (dare I call it) disappointment she's not on The Syndicate, and that is that a female rider is now able to decline many offers from factory teams to source a lucrative deal for herself. I haven't seen or heard anyone else say anything about it, but it is potentially a watershed moment in the sport, as female athletes can now apparently stand on their own 2 feet as a solid product so to speak and not be regarded as the benefactors of sibling success or token-ism by those who might seek to undermine their achievements.

Is there evidence she turned down factory deals?

|