2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

9/16/2019 8:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2019 9:31 PM

depeche4 wrote:

So do "we" know for sure who's contract is up this year?

Troy, yes and resigned.
Mark, yes and maybe resigned based on his IG post.
Jack Moir is up, is he not?
Laurie, I think so but I do not see him going anywhere. MS has a great rep for how he treats his riders and Laurie has a wicked relationship with Brook.

Who else?

Loic Loris and Finn made up Specialized Gravity in 2016... Obviously not everyone got a 3yr contract. Could Loic and or Finn be up after 4yrs on Spec?

Luca and Loris have done 3yrs with syndicate... maybe they're up?

Hmmmmmm who was Greg hanging out with on the weekend?

What about Daveboy94... surely a top ten overall draws some attention?

Is there something between Mille and Kaos?

|

9/17/2019 5:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2019 5:29 AM

Jakers wrote:

Loic Loris and Finn made up Specialized Gravity in 2016... Obviously not everyone got a 3yr contract. Could Loic and or Finn be up after 4yrs on Spec?

Luca and Loris have done 3yrs with syndicate... maybe they're up?

Hmmmmmm who was Greg hanging out with on the weekend?

What about Daveboy94... surely a top ten overall draws some attention?

Is there something between Mille and Kaos?

Based on how intimate Kaos and Mille were out in the open at Snowshoe, it would seem they are an item. Him at the Atherton Racing pit with her sitting on his front wheel while they chatted.

I'd love to see Nina on the Syndicate next year, but she has said during interviews she has had some team interest for next season.

Vali Holl mentioned during a post-race Snowshoe interview that she will miss two of the 2020 WC races due to school. So it sounds like she will keep the current YT/SRAM association going until she can go full-pro.

|

9/17/2019 5:29 AM

WTF! Team rumours people! Team rumours! this isn’t the girls toilets of some high school... who cares if they have something going on, that between them! we want to know who’s shifting team and to what team.

Start another post if you are really that much into people relationships.

|

9/17/2019 8:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2019 11:39 AM

sharpy212 wrote:

WTF! Team rumours people! Team rumours! this isn’t the girls toilets of some high school... who cares if they have something going on, that between them! we want to know who’s shifting team and to what team.

The MTB Love Birds thread. OMG!!!

|

9/17/2019 5:02 PM

sharpy212 wrote:

honestly it can be an indication of possibilities down the road.

Bryn and Jill back in the day being one example. never know what can happen out of those connections......

|

9/17/2019 6:51 PM

Lamest ream tumors EVER!!! Everyone is staying where they are at

|

9/17/2019 7:46 PM

MW indicating the Mob will have five riders for the 2020 season...

|

9/18/2019 9:42 AM

astrizzle wrote:

Lamest ream tumors EVER!!! Everyone is staying where they are at

I think Sven noted in an interview that there were not many riders whose contracts were up. Maybe we will see minimal changes.

|

9/18/2019 9:47 AM

MPH24 wrote:

I think Sven noted in an interview that there were not many riders whose contracts were up. Maybe we will see minimal changes.

Any word on a riddle or map like we have seen in years past?

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

9/18/2019 10:08 AM

I think one of the more interesting things will be if there are any teams that switch to Ohlins... Loic and Finn's suspension looked pretty damn good compared to everyone else.

|

9/18/2019 10:34 AM

MPH24 wrote:

I think one of the more interesting things will be if there are any teams that switch to Ohlins... Loic and Finn's suspension looked pretty damn good compared to everyone else.

But that would mean a pretty huge revenue loss for the team though since (apparently) Öhlins doesn't pay teams to use their products. Teams that officially run SRAM are required to run Rock Shox, so you wouldn't any of these teams do this because they would also lose their SRAM money. Not many teams can afford to lose either or both.

|

9/18/2019 11:54 AM

Not only does Ohlins not pay to use their gear, users have to BUY their gear. Everywhere but in MTB. AFAIK they saw that won't fly in MTB and they do indeed sponsor Specialized factory teams and they also have an exclusivity contract for fully built bikes using Ohlins suspension - i.e. nobody but Spec can spec (HA!) Ohlins suspension on prebuilt bikes.

Don't hold me for a source of this, i read it somewhere i think.

|

9/18/2019 4:29 PM

Jakers wrote:

Source?

|

9/18/2019 5:06 PM

Finn Iles goes to Snapchat and Instagram until he maxes out on followers.

|

9/18/2019 5:17 PM

Jakers wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

Source?

Captain23

“We have a five rider team next year, and this video series [mob world tour] is about our search for the two juniors we'll be hiring. We'll be happy to share the line up once it's locked in, our elite talent search has gone pretty well too.”

|

9/18/2019 10:43 PM

Jakers wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

Source?

Jakers wrote:

Captain23

“We have a five rider team next year, and this video series [mob world tour] is about our search for the two juniors we'll be hiring. We'll be happy to share the line up once it's locked in, our elite talent search has gone pretty well too.”

David Trummer with the help of Martin Whitley could be a good combo. (Not fact, just a thought)

|

9/19/2019 2:00 AM

During the world cups Tony mentioned a new rig set up for FMD for 2020

Lenzerheide was the last race in the current FMD tent/rig set up.

This could be a sign of changing bikes , or just could be simply a new team setup in terms of the pits.

|

9/19/2019 2:08 PM

|

9/19/2019 7:22 PM

Jakers wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

Source?

Jakers wrote:

Captain23

It will be just a bunch of younger unknowns. They have already been advertising that search.

|

9/19/2019 8:04 PM

Verbl Kint wrote:

Source?

Jakers wrote:

Captain23

mfoga wrote:

It will be just a bunch of younger unknowns. They have already been advertising that search.

It says right there in the post that you quoted, "Two juniors." So that, if my mathematics training is correct, leaves three senior riders on the team.

|

9/19/2019 8:08 PM

For the record, I am a college math dropout. Ordinary differential equations is what got me. I really thought that I had it the second time, but a tougher prof thought otherwise.

|

9/19/2019 8:48 PM

Jakers wrote:

Captain23

mfoga wrote:

Big Bird wrote:

It says right there in the post that you quoted, "Two juniors." So that, if my mathematics training is correct, leaves three senior riders on the team.

Odd I never said Juniors, I said younger riders. They said elite talent search. You don't do a talent search for establish elites. So they may be elites but still will be younger unknowns.

|

9/19/2019 9:00 PM

With Valli Holl moving up, I would guess her as 1 of those spots unless she stays on a separate YT deal..

|

9/20/2019 6:56 AM

Brian_Peterson wrote:

With Valli Holl moving up, I would guess her as 1 of those spots unless she stays on a separate YT deal..

she already said she is going to stay with SRAM/Tld for next year. she still has to finish school and hence she is going to miss two races next season anyway

|

9/20/2019 7:14 AM

Brian_Peterson wrote:

She is on our program again for 2020, and I couldn't be more happy about that.

|

9/20/2019 8:19 AM

Stiksandstones wrote:

She is on our program again for 2020, and I couldn't be more happy about that.

It will be interesting to watch her progress with faster competition to push her...

|

9/20/2019 1:53 PM

I would look into the results of the recent US Open DH, highly likely foreshadowing of a rider getting picked up by a factory team...

|

9/22/2019 11:48 PM

Maybe old news, But Wyn at least for one more year at GT? He mentioned that he was happy to have one more year to improve his EWS ranking.

|

9/23/2019 6:14 AM

afterbang99 wrote:

Maybe old news, But Wyn at least for one more year at GT? He mentioned that he was happy to have one more year to improve his EWS ranking.

Same goes for Sam Hill. He just said so to Sven at the vital slideshow for EWS Zermatt.

|

9/23/2019 8:40 AM

With RM discontinuing the Maiden... might riders like Storch and Verbeeck find new homes.

|