2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

12/23/2019 1:42 PM

I really hope Ed is just grateful for this 2y and only looking forward to another couple of them... With "same them"!
Met him couple of times, also talking with him about come to ride at my backyard trails, etc. He's such a nice dude, funny, unique,... Hope he stays with Pivot!

|

12/23/2019 1:58 PM

Eddy to Giant? They could use someone who can produce some results both in EWS and WC and he seems to be buddies with Eliot Jackson. They have way more bank than Pivot and could easily send him a better check.

|

12/23/2019 2:00 PM

I really hope Eddie is just "taking the piss" but I like the idea of Eddie to Transition bikes if he is leaving pivot...

|

12/23/2019 3:05 PM

You're not wrong, and it's not unlike him to stir the pot. I'm trying to get confirmation, but everyone is out of the office for holiday break.

|

12/23/2019 3:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2019 4:54 PM

There's been some talk that Pivot is scaling back all of it's sponsorships for 2020 (not just mountain). He might be a casualty of that. Although, he is one of the top EWS guys so he may have also left for a bigger contract anyhow.

|

12/23/2019 4:22 PM

Masters and Moir to transition.......

|

12/23/2019 4:38 PM

RiderMikeCheck1 wrote:

There's been some talk that Pivot is scaling back all of it's sponsorships for 2020 (not just mountain). He might be a casualty of that. Although, he is one of the top EWS guys so he may have also left for a bigger contract anyhow.

This is incorrect.

|

John Pentecost// International Sales Pivot Cycles
Skype// john.pentecost72
pivotcycles.com

12/23/2019 5:53 PM

Strange things happen on Olympic years as it is such a huge focus for the manufacturers & budget shuffling I’m sure is part of the equation for what we’re seeing happen.

|

12/23/2019 6:40 PM

Strange Things??? Huh -

Rich Energy having dumped HAAS F1 mid-year will turn a Whyte Bikes logo upside-down (instead) and set the course for DH Mountain Bike to finally be referred to as the F1 of MTB. It's been a long struggle - Shell Companies, Corporate Bids, M&A announcements on Twitter w/o any mutual awareness, operating a 50M production facility with a end-of-year Liquid Net Worth of $581.00

And about that lack of standards to expand outward from - who cares? It's all fo' teh interwebz, babeeeeee! (Last part spoken like George Costanza's Dad on Seinfeld - can't remember the episode right now, may be a rerun on Bravo!)

Back to Rumors -

Dave Clinton to stay on board w/ Answer BMX

|

12/23/2019 7:57 PM

Johnboy wrote:

I really hope Eddie is just "taking the piss" but I like the idea of Eddie to Transition bikes if he is leaving pivot...

To add fuel to the fire.

SC syndicate commented a 😉 on his post. I think it would be legendary if Eddie the Eagle landed at Santa Cruz.

|

12/23/2019 8:33 PM

Johnboy wrote:

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

To add fuel to the fire.

SC syndicate commented a 😉 on his post. I think it would be legendary if Eddie the Eagle landed at Santa Cruz.

I hope it's true but can SC support 4 elite men on the DH circuit? Might be worth it as they'd get a twofer with Eddy and a big boost to their EWS team (can't imagine him going anywhere that doesn't let him race EWS).

|

12/23/2019 9:54 PM

Pretty sure all you cunts have just been trolled by the marster marketing machine hahahaha

|

12/23/2019 11:23 PM

bulletbass man wrote:

Eddy to Giant? They could use someone who can produce some results both in EWS and WC and he seems to be buddies with Eliot Jackson. They have way more bank than Pivot and could easily send him a better check.

Giant for sure has the money but it would be really a surprise if they would extend their commitment in the gravity area.

|

12/24/2019 2:23 AM

Here's a cool Q&A with Aaron Gwin, if you're looking to hide away from the Xmas preparations for a few minutes:

|

12/24/2019 3:09 AM

Eddy with Keegan Wright on Devinci?

|

12/24/2019 4:54 AM

|

John Pentecost// International Sales Pivot Cycles
Skype// john.pentecost72
pivotcycles.com

12/24/2019 9:00 AM

|

12/24/2019 10:26 AM

Interesting hashtags from Jaxson Riddle
|

12/24/2019 7:45 PM

Eddie out with Pivot? Wow, that'd be tough for Pivot cuz Ed is damn fast and a great marketing guy too. Santa Cruz would do well to have him. Eddie, Iago and Mark would make a great team.

|

12/24/2019 7:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2019 7:54 PM

John P. wrote:

Good observation, Spomer. #journalist

Read the fine print people...

|

12/24/2019 8:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2019 8:16 PM

RiderMikeCheck1 wrote:

No way, you think Pivot is scaling back their road team as well?

|

12/25/2019 1:58 AM

RiderMikeCheck1 wrote:

jive turkey wrote:

No way, you think Pivot is scaling back their road team as well?

This rumor had already been debunked a couple of pages back.

|

12/25/2019 12:57 PM

Lapeyrie off Orbea

|

12/25/2019 4:13 PM

Not really team rumours..but Allan Cooke has changed teams from Santa Cruz to Specialzed...
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5jxX1uHVnN/?hl=en

|

12/25/2019 5:19 PM

Richie Rude isn’t tagging Yeti or any of his other sponsors in his recent posts. Tagged them on his story however.
I could see him going to Specialized to rejoin Jared Graves, but can’t see them having 5 enduro riders and only 2 or 3 DH riders. UNLESS, he does both DH and enduro like Ed Masters.
Intense is a possibility especially with him being out in California recently, and him being close with Aaron Gwin.
Have sales of Intense really increased enough to afford 3 high paid American athletes?
Is Pivot a possibility for Rude? Similar sponsors, Fox and Shimano.
Speaking of Pivot and Ed Masters, I feel like he could be a great fit at Santacruz.

Has anyone seen a riddle, poem, or map like in years past?

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

12/25/2019 5:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2019 5:45 PM

Some “Welcome to the team” sized jumps being built right now

|

12/26/2019 4:54 AM

Apparently this came as a bit of a surprise, Thomas Lapeyrie is off Orbea. This quick little farewell edit marks the beginning of a new, as of yet unknown chapter for the fast Frenchie:

|

12/26/2019 6:23 AM

After 12 years working together, Chris Akrigg and Mongoose part ways. It will be weird to see Chris get crazy on something that's not a Mongoose, but whatever it is, we can't wait to see more!

|

12/26/2019 6:43 AM

Andreu Lacondeguy off YT (see his latest insta post)

|

12/26/2019 6:56 AM

C-LION wrote:

Andreu Lacondeguy off YT (see his latest insta post)

So, with Andreu und Nico two of the biggest freeride athletes will join a new brand. Any ideas? Will they join the same brand? Possible, but not very likely in my opinion

- Commencal was named in a few comments as a new brand for Andreu. His brother is currently riding for this brand, so why not having them united?
- The above picture puts Transition back in the spotlight. Can they afford both athletes? It’s more likely that Nico will join them in my opinion.
- other brands: your turn 😉

|