2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

8/22/2019 8:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2019 4:28 PM

You've asked for it, so we're kicking it off, the official 2020 Team Rumors forum thread. Mostly gossip, fake news and FOMO, this is the one-stop-shop to see which sponsors and teams pro mountain bike athletes will end up with next year.

Since Troy Brosnan brought it up in his Outspoken episode with Loic Bruni, we've trimmed out the "should pros discuss contracts" portion of the interview to kick off the season.

If you know which riders are up for a new contract in 2020, let us know and we'll keep a running list right here, so it's easy to find throughout the chaos of the off-season.

Contracts Up in 2020 (unconfirmed, but we're pretty certain)
- Canyon Factory Racing (Troy Brosnan, Mark Wallace, Kye A'hern)
- Danny Hart
- Laurie Greenland
|

8/22/2019 8:59 AM

Subscribing!

|

8/22/2019 10:38 AM

Nina Hoffmann to Syndicate.

|

8/22/2019 10:56 AM

|

8/22/2019 11:05 AM

Never missed a post since 2016! Not starting now.

Bad news for work, wife and the kids.

|

8/22/2019 11:17 AM

Oh snap it’s on....

|

8/22/2019 11:18 AM

Lee Dungarees coming back to the scene in full support of Johannes von Klebelsberg aka "The Denim Destroyer"

|

8/22/2019 11:28 AM

SB14 wrote:

and our email inboxes with 5 trillion notifications (by february, i'll finally turn them off haha)

|

8/22/2019 11:33 AM

Scrub wrote:

Lee Dungarees coming back to the scene in full support of Johannes von Klebelsberg aka "The Denim Destroyer"

Back on Haro as well I heard from an insider that knows whats what

|

8/22/2019 11:49 AM

Racers are only hurting themselves, and keeping their values lowered by keeping it in the secret. This is why the companies will even have it in the contract that they can not discuss it. This is just as much a problem in the buisness world as it is in the racing world. There is no reason to keep salaries quite, except to help the companies.

|

@jason_gainey

8/22/2019 11:52 AM

Hope the Denim Destroyer gets picked up for factory support!

|

8/22/2019 1:05 PM

Yeah, really hating those e-mail notifications for the half a year these threads are active. But it needs to be done.

|

8/22/2019 1:12 PM

Man, Danny Hart to Huffy... Didn't see that coming

|

8/22/2019 2:37 PM

SB14 wrote:

sspomer wrote:

and our email inboxes with 5 trillion notifications (by february, i'll finally turn them off haha)

I like to search my non vital emails thru vital emails hahaha hahaha. Thaks for creating the post. Cheers

|

8/22/2019 2:55 PM

Jack Moir on Mongoose

|

8/22/2019 3:27 PM

Ben_F wrote:

Nina Hoffmann to Syndicate.

as much as everyone including myself wants this to happen.. I don't think it will. when has syndicate EVER fielded a female racer? hopefully.. i'm wrong.

P"

|

8/22/2019 3:51 PM

The Denim Destroyer on Commencal Vallnord or 100% next year, for sure

|

8/22/2019 4:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2019 4:08 PM

peewho wrote:

as much as everyone including myself wants this to happen.. I don't think it will. when has syndicate EVER fielded a female racer? hopefully.. i'm wrong.

P"

Tt's time for them to step it up, and she's put on a good show for them this year. I wonder if the Santa Cruz/Juliana thing would cause the UCI fits.

|

8/22/2019 5:30 PM

bikeboardorblade wrote:

What's in it for a gear brand to partner with a guy that has basically said 'race pants' are not good?

|

8/22/2019 5:54 PM

Stiksandstones wrote:

What's in it for a gear brand to partner with a guy that has basically said 'race pants' are not good?

The opportunity to learn from him and make better ones?

|

8/22/2019 6:08 PM

bikeboardorblade wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

home_piece wrote:

Have ya'll never heard of Levis?

|

8/22/2019 9:22 PM

bikeboardorblade wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

Do I hear TLD denim race pants coming to stores soon?

|

8/22/2019 9:54 PM

Hollywood Gainey wrote:

Racers are only hurting themselves, and keeping their values lowered by keeping it in the secret. This is why the companies will even have it in the contract that they can not discuss it. This is just as much a problem in the buisness world as it is in the racing world. There is no reason to keep salaries quite, except to help the companies.

I wonder if we’ll ever see a racers union and what that would even look like

|

8/22/2019 10:07 PM

bikeboardorblade wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

Automatically being seen as the brand that has good race pants?

|

8/22/2019 10:22 PM

Trummer has earned big team support

|

8/22/2019 11:40 PM

Just look at Wyns privateer of the week winner list, there is a lot of heat for 2020!

I dont do social media, but i would follow some of those riders..

|

8/23/2019 12:42 AM

bikeboardorblade wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

home_piece wrote:

hot damn that was a beautiful response. and necessary

|

8/23/2019 1:44 AM

The Denim Destroyer sponsored by Lee jeans for 2020.

|

8/23/2019 2:22 AM

Hollywood Gainey wrote:

kleinblake wrote:

I wonder if we’ll ever see a racers union and what that would even look like

100%. Was about to post something along the lines of "sounds like the riders need a union".

Like anybody else their bosses/companies are extracting profit based on their undervalued labour. Though it should be extended to all the support staff too.

|

8/23/2019 3:50 AM

Rachel Atherton steps back from WC Racing for 2020.

|