MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Related:
jonkranked
5/24/2023 7:01am

How come noone’s talking about the new Manitou Mattoc??? It’s covered only on bikerumors…

FullSend wrote:
My friend who is one of the editors of another MTB magazine mentioned a media embargo until the twenty-third of June. Maybe BikeRumor leaked it early...

My friend who is one of the editors of another MTB magazine mentioned a media embargo until the twenty-third of June. Maybe BikeRumor leaked it early.

Highly interesting fork though. Really good damper design, innovative air spring and somewhat competitively priced against Pike and Fox 34. I just wish Manitou products were more easy to purchase in Europe.

i still have a first gen mattoc pro and love it. IRT is great. love that they make it to run less travel now, i have a custom spacer in mine to get it down to 120mm and it makes an absolutely fantastic downcountry (*gasp i said it*) fork.

5/24/2023 1:27pm

How come noone’s talking about the new Manitou Mattoc??? It’s covered only on bikerumors…

FullSend wrote:
My friend who is one of the editors of another MTB magazine mentioned a media embargo until the twenty-third of June. Maybe BikeRumor leaked it early...

My friend who is one of the editors of another MTB magazine mentioned a media embargo until the twenty-third of June. Maybe BikeRumor leaked it early.

Highly interesting fork though. Really good damper design, innovative air spring and somewhat competitively priced against Pike and Fox 34. I just wish Manitou products were more easy to purchase in Europe.

What’s difficult in the purchase of a Manitou fork in Europe? Pretty easy, if you ask me! My kid’s bike gas a Mattoc Pro with IRT, great performance and lightweight! Smile

5/24/2023 7:31pm

Onawalk wrote:
This is literally a thread for new bike and innovation, and you didnt include a link to the new Manitou fork in your comment, Those that...

This is literally a thread for new bike and innovation, and you didnt include a link to the new Manitou fork in your comment,

Those that can.....should

https://bikerumor.com/manitou-mattoc-all-mountain-bike-fork-110-150mm-t…

He said where it was at. Google exists

5/25/2023 1:38am

Does anyone know anything about a planned release date for the new Rockshox Boxxer? teams seem to have been running it for quite a while now must be close to being released?

UfuS78
5/25/2023 1:46am
CWizzle720 wrote:
Does anyone know anything about a planned release date for the new Rockshox Boxxer? teams seem to have been running it for quite a while now...

Does anyone know anything about a planned release date for the new Rockshox Boxxer? teams seem to have been running it for quite a while now must be close to being released?

I think the realse would be today or on next thursday, but it's only my purpouse Grinning

5/25/2023 3:19am

Looks like they announced the 2023 rockshox line-up around this time last year

Onawalk
5/25/2023 6:34am

Onawalk wrote:
This is literally a thread for new bike and innovation, and you didnt include a link to the new Manitou fork in your comment, Those that...

This is literally a thread for new bike and innovation, and you didnt include a link to the new Manitou fork in your comment,

Those that can.....should

https://bikerumor.com/manitou-mattoc-all-mountain-bike-fork-110-150mm-t…

He said where it was at. Google exists

I guess I look at this thread where people from all around the world bring/come to find info on new and interesting mtb related things.

more like “Hey, look at what’s going on over at BikeRumour! <insert link here>

rather than, “why isn’t anyone talking about this thing I think should be talked about…”

like we all play a part in the success of this thread, not a condemnation of missed opportunities.  Apologies if my responses were offside, waiting for the coffee to kick in!

TimBud
5/25/2023 6:59am
Onawalk wrote:
I guess I look at this thread where people from all around the world bring/come to find info on new and interesting mtb related things. more...

I guess I look at this thread where people from all around the world bring/come to find info on new and interesting mtb related things.

more like “Hey, look at what’s going on over at BikeRumour! <insert link here>

rather than, “why isn’t anyone talking about this thing I think should be talked about…”

like we all play a part in the success of this thread, not a condemnation of missed opportunities.  Apologies if my responses were offside, waiting for the coffee to kick in!

I get what you meant.

Otherwise this thread would be nothing but:

"Hey there's a new Specialized Enduro... Go google it for more info"

How shit would that be! Silly

jsray
5/25/2023 10:24am
eljefe1 wrote:

19515796-4669-44CF-B122-34249F4B9EB5.jpeg?VersionId=GY

Beat me to it. That reservoir looks way different. Probably the wireless stuff?

eljefe1
5/25/2023 10:26am
eljefe1 wrote:

19515796-4669-44CF-B122-34249F4B9EB5.jpeg?VersionId=GY

jsray wrote:

Beat me to it. That reservoir looks way different. Probably the wireless stuff?

Yeah its the wireless shock, we have seen the air version but this is the first time I've seen the coil variant.

bikelurker
5/25/2023 10:26am

Revamped Ragley lineup dropping tomorrow it seems

nskerb
5/25/2023 1:30pm

Hey my shock is wireless too! I’m just like Ritchie for real now

skunthank24
5/25/2023 8:06pm
CWizzle720 wrote:
Does anyone know anything about a planned release date for the new Rockshox Boxxer? teams seem to have been running it for quite a while now...

Probably at the WC in Lenzerheide in early June. Rumors are that they are going to do it like SRAM did with the Transmission, releasing it at the first big XC Event of the season.

BrambleLee
5/25/2023 10:27pm
CWizzle720 wrote:

Probably at the WC in Lenzerheide in early June. Rumors are that they are going to do it like SRAM did with the Transmission, releasing it...

Probably at the WC in Lenzerheide in early June. Rumors are that they are going to do it like SRAM did with the Transmission, releasing it at the first big XC Event of the season.

Are we expecting Boxxer, Vivid, and Reverb AXS updates? Or just the fork and shock?

The new brake won’t be branded RockShox obviously, but as a DH oriented product, might it be released at the same time?

5/26/2023 12:46am
CWizzle720 wrote:

Probably at the WC in Lenzerheide in early June. Rumors are that they are going to do it like SRAM did with the Transmission, releasing it...

BrambleLee wrote:
Are we expecting Boxxer, Vivid, and Reverb AXS updates? Or just the fork and shock? The new brake won’t be branded RockShox obviously, but as a...

Are we expecting Boxxer, Vivid, and Reverb AXS updates? Or just the fork and shock?

The new brake won’t be branded RockShox obviously, but as a DH oriented product, might it be released at the same time?

SRAM has quite a long list of releases for this year.
How many have been done so far... Force, Transmission...

Already seen in the wild are...SID line, Boxxer, Vivid, GX Transmission, Code calipers

The new RED road group that "might" have a shocking piece of tech in it is "rumored" to be released at the Tour de France.

Reverb AXS has been the most tight-lipped one. Although, from what I understand, there have been prototypes out there right under our noses. The new SID had been on bikes for multiple World Cups last year before anyone realized it

Primoz
5/26/2023 12:54am

Jesse posted pics of one of the Reverb protos by the looks of things... 

5/26/2023 3:37am
Primoz wrote:

Jesse posted pics of one of the Reverb protos by the looks of things... 

Nah it seems that was a previous one just mounted different direction. 

Primoz
5/26/2023 3:44am

That's what he said, but Seth showed that it doesn't actually work. The general consensus is that Jesse just covered his tracks. 

TimBud
5/26/2023 3:59am

Yeah, i tried it too. 
Doesn’t work

5/26/2023 4:34am

Jesse states that the clamps are custom bits to make it work. 

If I remember right, Seth, aside from the clamp issues, also couldn't clear the battery very well with his saddle. I wanna say that Jesse stated somewhere that he had to find a seat with the right rail height to clear. Looks like a fairly standard Reverb AXSimage-20230526203251-1

I wouldn't be surprised if SRAM is making a lighter "race" version of the battery. There's quite a bit of dead space in that battery. Last year there was some scuttlebutt about one existing. 

SRAM battery 2SRAM battery 1 0SRAM battery 3

Primoz
5/26/2023 4:42am

Seth made the battery fit by remoting it via a cable, the issue was the clamp itself not clearing the seat. 

kcy4130
5/26/2023 5:41am

I doubt that axs reverb is a new version. Looks the same. Jesse is certainly not the only one having tire to battery clearance issues. I'd expect a new version to significantly different. In most ways it's a bit behind compared to cabled droppers from other brands: 170mm is still the longest available, stack is higher than a lot of the competition, and battery sticks out and can make tire buzz an issue. Fixing those issues on a new version would require pretty significant changes and would be visually pretty different too I'd bet. 

matmattmatthew
5/26/2023 6:39am

Somewhere, about a year ago, there was a picture of either Nino Schurter or Jolanda Neff's bike from a WC XC race weekend that had a reverb that was definitely a newer version.  The mounting of the battery/post head looked completely different than the current version.  I've tried to find the picture but I think it was scrubbed by whatever site posted it.  

Post a reply to: MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

The Latest