Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2020 MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Create New Tag

6/30/2020 5:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2020 5:38 AM

eddkilla wrote:

Has since been removed

Photo was uploaded today on Commencal's Pinkbike account

Is it just me or does the fork offset look way shorter than usual? The crown almost looks straight. Also the lowers go below the axle substantially which I think is odd (maybe 190mm travel).

|

6/30/2020 6:34 AM

More travel, longer uppers for more bushing overlap, more stiffer.

With the crown having less offset, you have to do the remainder of the offset in the dropouts. Which means you also get enough space for the uppers to slide past the axle if need be.

|

6/30/2020 8:54 AM

That makes sense, it's funny the more I look at this fork the more I realise it takes alot of inspiration from the 38. The arch is bent forward for head tube clearance. The crown has a more consistent shape just like the 38.

|

6/30/2020 9:48 AM

Leo Molloy wrote:

That makes sense, it's funny the more I look at this fork the more I realise it takes alot of inspiration from the 38. The arch is bent forward for head tube clearance. The crown has a more consistent shape just like the 38.

38mm tubes on either side of the wheel and an arch that is somewhat/mostly round. Almost like they completely ripped fox off!!

|

6/30/2020 10:52 AM

nskerb wrote:

38mm tubes on either side of the wheel and an arch that is somewhat/mostly round. Almost like they completely ripped fox off!!

Lol yea, they saw the 38 come out 4 weeks ago and created molds to rip them off! Haha.This fork has been in development for a long time and been done for months but release has obviously been held off (embargoes at Commencal, etc.). This fork design was likely started back in 2018. Takes years to make this stuff a reality. Not weeks.

|

6/30/2020 12:26 PM

Plus to me the arch looks way more angular than what FOX has in the new lineup.

|

6/30/2020 3:30 PM

I hear there's a company dropping the mallet on DH shoes . I hear they're going to crank them out bros

Maybe some other models as well.

|

6/30/2020 4:58 PM

metadave wrote:

I hear there's a company dropping the mallet on DH shoes . I hear they're going to crank them out bros

Should be interesting. Wonder if they'll bother with flats? Or if the rubber will be as good as 5Ten.

|

professional idiot

6/30/2020 5:38 PM

metadave wrote:

Angu58 wrote:

Should be interesting. Wonder if they'll bother with flats? Or if the rubber will be as good as 5Ten.

Matching or exceeding 5.10 Stealth rubber levels of grip is the holy grail of flat shoe development right? If anyone pulls it off they can grab a ton of market share.

|

6/30/2020 11:41 PM

Way to censor my photo vital. What is the point of this thread if photos (such as the one below from commencal's pinkbike) that are posted are taken down?

It was obtained fair and square so eat a dick

Photo

|

7/1/2020 12:00 AM

If the shoes will be anything like their other products I suppose it's best to steer clear of them?

|

7/1/2020 7:02 AM

eddkilla wrote:

Way to censor my photo vital. What is the point of this thread if photos (such as the one below from commencal's pinkbike) that are posted are taken down?

It was obtained fair and square so eat a dick

Photo

only if you have some mustard.

it was deleted by mistake. and, assuming you're not lying about how you got the photo, it was obtained fair and square.

got a knife and fork so we can dig in?

|

7/1/2020 7:22 AM

|

7/1/2020 4:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2020 4:44 PM

"lewzz10 wrote:
That, is *not* a Shorty."

Maxxis hillbilly 😉

|

7/1/2020 7:58 PM

Good move, no point to this thread if it just gets censored all the time.

|

7/2/2020 8:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2020 8:09 AM

New SUPREME DH 29/27 - Sound Of SUPREME Speed - Amaury Pierron - ridiculous riding. shows bike at the end.

and now live on their site
Photo
|

7/2/2020 8:31 AM

Jeebus that video is awesome, Commencal really filling in that empty hole where vital raws used to reside. Can we start a quickstarter to just send Amaury and FrixFrix around to the various WC tracks with 10 videographers?

|

7/2/2020 2:42 PM

Photo
New wreck
|

7/2/2020 3:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2020 3:21 PM

I'm sure seeing more and more sharp lines on new bike frames. New Evil looks great.

|

7/4/2020 3:14 PM

Push branching out into links?

|

7/4/2020 4:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2020 4:58 PM

Push talked about producing links a while back, but never saw any finished and/or for sale. Cascade Components sorta "took the ball and ran with it". Great to see regardless.

And yeah - happy fourth of July to all the US viewers.

|

7/5/2020 10:07 AM

Spotted a Gamux Trailbike Proto today in Austria.

Photo
Photo

|

7/5/2020 12:31 PM

kwapik wrote:

Push talked about producing links a while back, but never saw any finished and/or for sale. Cascade Components sorta "took the ball and ran with it". Great to see regardless.

And yeah - happy fourth of July to all the US viewers.

They made links for IIRC the V1 Bronson.

|

7/5/2020 2:19 PM

Primoz wrote:

WAO?

East being Devinci?

There's no new enduro bike from the Quebecois so far as I've heard, but their smaller bike is getting bigger again, and they've got an agro HT in the works. I'd say new spartan for 2022

|

7/5/2020 11:21 PM

rugbyred wrote:

WAO= WR1= We Are One Composites. If they nail it like they did with their wheels, it should be something special.

JayDawger wrote:

Dustin and some others from WAO are on Druids and love them. Just rumors I've heard but I'm sure they could make a frame.

baronKanon wrote:

There has been some pics of a frame mold from We Are One's factory. Actually I think it was previously in this thread.

Just have to listen to this to get some of the details...although he did say in the podcast full details would have been announced by now.

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/dustin-adams-on-racing-manufacturing-we-are-ones-next-big-thing-ep-19

|

7/6/2020 2:05 AM

about gamux, bikes made in europe? yes please!
#funkChina

|

7/6/2020 4:04 AM

|

7/6/2020 6:45 AM

Isn't it Zeb day?

|

7/6/2020 7:13 AM

metadave wrote:

Isn't it Zeb day?

Tomorrow, maybe, as the full spec on the Zeb bikes from Commencal will be released tomorrow.

|

7/6/2020 9:42 AM

Niner just teased a pic of the rig that drops tomorrow. Looks to be the next gen WFO.

Photo

|