Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2020 MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Create New Tag

6/25/2020 2:14 PM

Jokes on you, I love Ebikes!

|

6/25/2020 2:48 PM

Should we just set up a communal Google photos album for censored images? Because otherwise I feel like it defeats the whole purpose of this forum.

|

6/25/2020 11:58 PM

If brands are gonna make the stuff available online before launch or they have leaks, that’s not our problem. And if we put it up and vital gets asked to take it down, that’s ok too imo, but if vital starts removing stuff of their own accord then the purpose of this thread is null and void.

Otherwise just start posting the stuff on a reddit forum and link it here 😂

|

6/26/2020 2:11 AM

Since Vital is both a publication and a forum host, there is a fine line between editorial content with embargos and cool rumors. They are actually responsible for the content on this entire site, and if embargoed info is leaked on this site, it can backfire to the site, and they lose reputation in the industry. Is that ok? (yes, I like all rumors, and if manufacturers make their unreleased stuff available on hidden pages without password protection, the joke is on them, actually, but if they are aware of their doodoo, they should also be able to fix it.)

Being butthurt is not helping anyone, and it turns this forum into another "forum"/comment section not to be mentioned.

|

6/26/2020 5:44 AM

I am not a hacker, nor a programmer, however I found the commencal images only changing certain characters from the latest released releases. It was a tedious task, which gave me a lot of surprise, but I see that with the passing of the days it became a problem for Vital and a butthurt for the industry and for some sensitive to this information.
My apologies to the affected staff and those who do not like to see these kinds of surprises.

|

6/27/2020 4:51 PM

Loam Ranger posting from kicking horse. He rides for Ibis and that looks like a Bartlett on the blacked out frame.... Bigger 29 bike from Ibis? Aluminum HD5? Photo

|

6/27/2020 7:24 PM

yeah that should tear up the blue flow trail real good. #sponsorsdream

|

6/28/2020 9:34 AM

brash wrote:

yeah that should tear up the blue flow trail real good. #sponsorsdream

Uuh cruel wink

|

6/28/2020 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2020 3:16 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo

Maxxis Mary or Magic Maxxis?

Nerds.

|

6/28/2020 9:00 PM

Dhf 2

|

6/28/2020 9:30 PM

No new tech to post, but excited to see some of the new stuff in the WBP lift line tomorrow. If I see anything I'll post.

|

professional idiot

6/28/2020 11:44 PM

thegromit wrote: Photo
Photo
Photo

Nerds.

It’s just the 2.5 29er maxx grip DD shorty as as that’s a tyre they haven’t offered in the past it’s “test pilot” much like the 2.5 DD maxx grip DHR you would have seen last year with the test pilot emblem

|

6/29/2020 3:00 AM

Photo
Photo

Nerds.

Jrp wrote:

It’s just the 2.5 29er maxx grip DD shorty as as that’s a tyre they haven’t offered in the past it’s “test pilot” much like the 2.5 DD maxx grip DHR you would have seen last year with the test pilot emblem

That, is *not* a Shorty.

|

6/29/2020 5:12 AM

There's a new Kona coming out soon with a Zeb fork and a 38 on its different models

|

6/29/2020 5:19 AM

Photo
The new Cube Donhillbike which they where testing earlier this year with a better look
|

6/29/2020 5:35 AM

Landjonz wrote: Photo
The new Cube Donhillbike which they where testing earlier this year with a better look

Looks like a Scott Session 😂

|

6/29/2020 9:00 AM

Anyone have details about possible upcoming DVO shock releases?

|

6/29/2020 10:17 AM

Lots of high pivot enduro bikes coming down the pipeline up in Canada.... rumors are Range, WAO, another Druid model and one spotted from back East.

|

6/29/2020 10:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2020 10:39 AM

WAO?

East being Devinci?

|

6/29/2020 10:42 AM

WAO= WR1= We Are One Composites. If they nail it like they did with their wheels, it should be something special.

|

6/29/2020 10:57 AM

rugbyred wrote:

WAO= WR1= We Are One Composites. If they nail it like they did with their wheels, it should be something special.

Dustin and some others from WAO are on Druids and love them. Just rumors I've heard but I'm sure they could make a frame.

|

6/29/2020 11:02 AM

The Cube ... Photo

|

6/29/2020 11:13 AM

JayDawger wrote:

Dustin and some others from WAO are on Druids and love them. Just rumors I've heard but I'm sure they could make a frame.

There has been some pics of a frame mold from We Are One's factory. Actually I think it was previously in this thread.

|

6/29/2020 4:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2020 4:30 PM

Has since been removed

Photo was uploaded today on Commencal's Pinkbike account

|

6/29/2020 6:11 PM

eddkilla wrote:

Has since been removed

Photo was uploaded today on Commencal's Pinkbike account

Here before it's censored! silly

|

6/29/2020 11:49 PM

og wrote:

There's a new Kona coming out soon with a Zeb fork and a 38 on its different models

new Kona X-Process or so is what i heard smile new bigger enduro bike.

|

6/30/2020 12:52 AM

Photo
Photo

Nerds.

Jrp wrote:

lewzz10 wrote:

That, is *not* a Shorty.

Doesn’t look like it’s got the single paddle knob down the center like the shorty. Also the cornering knobs are two-outboard-one-inboard in the picture where the shorty is two-inboard-one-outboard, ha if that makes any sense.

Not that I have an guess to what it might be. Looks like it could be the secret tire from Jordi’s YouTube video last month. Although the tire in Jordi’s video seems to have much taller knobs. The one where he said he had to take off his front wheel hide it. Here’s a real grainy screen cap. Photo

|

6/30/2020 2:26 AM

og wrote:

krabo83 wrote:

new Kona X-Process or so is what i heard smile new bigger enduro bike.

yeah that's what its called 🤘

|

6/30/2020 3:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2020 3:09 AM

The one in the lineup might be worn/cut with Jordi's fresh out of the mold? The tread looks very similar though.

|

6/30/2020 4:07 AM

That must be the new signature tyre they have been working on with Blenki! He told me at a World Cup that they were going to release a new signature tyre just like Troy’s and Greg’s

|