MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Related:
metadave
10/8/2022 8:58am
dolface wrote:
Any more news/sightings of that Ti Darco from Chromag? I'm in the market for a new bike and that one looks like it'll be on my...
Any more news/sightings of that Ti Darco from Chromag? I'm in the market for a new bike and that one looks like it'll be on my short-list...
Not sure the ti was anything but a special/limited edition, but the regular darco should pop it's head up soon it suspect along with the other one.....
10/8/2022 9:54am
Out of interest, why does an ebike ‘opinion’ cause you to get more sand in your vag than every other page of this thread having at least one opinion of the piece of tech being discussed?

PS. Have a moto as well thanks. Much like an ebike, assume you’ve never swung a leg over one of you think it’s lazy & easy.

PPS. Hope you actively call out every other ‘lazy’ version of a sport. Those pesky skiers who dare get a lift to the top. Have they never heard of hiking to earn their turns? Same goes for all those lift assisted bike parks. Can’t believe the amount of lazy bikers who get the lift up, rather than riding. What a bunch of losers 🙄

Clueless.
10/8/2022 10:16am
This thread is for tech rumors and news. How you feel about your ebike is neither. Feel free to have that conversation anywhere else.
gibbon
10/8/2022 10:18am
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
10/8/2022 10:18am
dolface wrote:
Any more news/sightings of that Ti Darco from Chromag? I'm in the market for a new bike and that one looks like it'll be on my...
Any more news/sightings of that Ti Darco from Chromag? I'm in the market for a new bike and that one looks like it'll be on my short-list...
If you're able to make it to the factory showroom, they had one hanging from the ceiling last week. I imagine you could point and say "I'd like one of those!" And they'd let you leave a deposit or something
10/8/2022 10:30am
This thread is for tech rumors and news. How you feel about your ebike is neither. Feel free to have that conversation anywhere else.
Cool, so just like 75% of the posts on this thread then. Glad we’ve cleared that up 👍
10/8/2022 10:36am
Ironically, the first post in this thread references e-bike debates derailing another thread.

I think the solution is to allow quoting across threads, so that people can more easily port their discussion into another thread.

Or people can just read the title of the thread in the "Post a Reply to: " header when writing their reply
10/8/2022 11:27am
There are Darco's in the wild, and more should be landing shortly. Longer travel will be a while.
Pedal4life
10/8/2022 5:33pm
Everybody is so dead set on there own opinions that you forgot about free speech & our right to have a opinion on something & it may not be what you want hear but that happens in life it’s not all sunshine☀️&rainbows🌈
10/8/2022 9:06pm
I suspect this discussion and many other digressions here are mostly due to rhe lack of exciting new really ...
Since I don't plan to own one anytime soon and consider a new trail bike and DH bike, anyone has some info about the new GT Sensor and Fury ? The pictures showed frames that look pretty close to final product and yet zero release or info.
Eoin
10/8/2022 11:30pm
baronKanon wrote:
The Commencal Tempo is due in November according to the IG post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CjcrBV7MRAv
Sick, those photos of frixfrix confirm this isn't an XC thoroughbred! Was hoping this would be more of a trail bike than an XC one, would highly consider building it up as a jib bike to ride around town. Assuming commencal don't jack up their prices even further...
Zero Cool
10/9/2022 5:49am
Primoz wrote:
People who want a bike and want to go on group bike rides but have an issue with fitness or speed and need a bit of...
People who want a bike and want to go on group bike rides but have an issue with fitness or speed and need a bit of help.

Like mentioned, the full fat ebikes are cumbersome, the SL variants are actually riding like a bike.
I’m all for people having the options of the lighter ebikes. Tried the Levi SL and it was great fun. But then I like non-assisted bikes and full fat ebikes as well. If a full fat bike is too heavy and cumbersome you can just get stronger or get an SL.
10/9/2022 9:16am
Seems to be many more tech rumors and advancements happening on the EMTB side right now... Just sayin...
Pedal4life
10/9/2022 3:12pm
If I was in the market to buy a bike it would definitely be an eBike but at this point this, I will not be buying another bike
Karabuka
10/10/2022 12:25am
Seems to be many more tech rumors and advancements happening on the EMTB side right now... Just sayin...
Should there be a separate thread for ebikes only?
10/10/2022 7:00am
"You're clogging the forum

Get over yourself. I'm not being salty. Actually I'm happy as a clam on vacation joking about u f*cktards in the lift lineWink

Please quit clogging the forum. Many of us have notifications set up. Gets old when 2 of u could have had a separate message string back n forth, but here the whole world is reading your double/maybe triple post, or as I stated... just pinkbike comment section value section opinions. Get over yourself.
Love ya
Z

So, did anyone else get a message like this from the good Captain or am I the lucky one?
10/10/2022 10:18am
Karabuka wrote:
Should there be a separate thread for ebikes only?
Yes.
And make the thread show up in Large Font. And so that eeeebers don't have to lift a finger to type, create a bunch of boxes to check replies about eeeeebs such as:

O "You shuttled one time so don't you dare tell me I can't ride my eeeeb where it is illegal."
O "I'm so so sorry you can't afford an eeeeb like this on my instagram page.
O "Earn your turns is stupid, look at my KOM"
O "eeeeebs are the future, you cavemen are dwelling on Redwood Forest Singletrack"
O "It's not a motorcycle, it's a motor-cycle. Completely different."

sspomer
10/10/2022 10:34am
all - cut the petty ebike/non-ebike bullshit in here. battle all you want in a diff thread. if it's not a legit discussion about the bikes or the tech, beat it to somewhere else.
Losifer
10/10/2022 10:54am
Alright, now you’ve made Spomer use his dad voice…

So like a bonehead I forgot to get a screenshot from IG, but Fresh Paints of Whistler had shots of Chris Kovarik’s Intense DH prototype with IFR livery- could be confirmation of Dak saying the production frames would be announced soon!

Primoz
10/10/2022 11:12am
Dave_Camp wrote:
^^ thanks forum Dad.

Anyone seen this- DUAL Compound, DH Casing DHR II:

TB00368500

MSRP $80

https://shop.maxxis.com/collections/mountain/products/minion-dhr-ii?var…

Is this the second DH casing dual compound modern Maxxis ever? A few years ago only the DHF came in DH casing and dual compound...

A severe lack of DH casing and DD casing dual compound tyres is completely baffling to me as they would make a great option for hard charging (heavy) riders that like to still pedal a lot. A 3C tyre in the rear usually gets chewed up mighty fast (DHR2s though surprisingly last quite a while even in 3C guise in the rear...).
C-LION
10/10/2022 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2022 12:08pm
Commencal‘s webpage has been down in the past hours…will we see their 2023 range soon? 👀
Dave_Camp
10/10/2022 12:22pm
Dave_Camp wrote:
^^ thanks forum Dad.

Anyone seen this- DUAL Compound, DH Casing DHR II:

TB00368500

MSRP $80

https://shop.maxxis.com/collections/mountain/products/minion-dhr-ii?var…

Primoz wrote:
Is this the second DH casing dual compound modern Maxxis ever? A few years ago only the DHF came in DH casing and dual compound... A...
Is this the second DH casing dual compound modern Maxxis ever? A few years ago only the DHF came in DH casing and dual compound...

A severe lack of DH casing and DD casing dual compound tyres is completely baffling to me as they would make a great option for hard charging (heavy) riders that like to still pedal a lot. A 3C tyre in the rear usually gets chewed up mighty fast (DHR2s though surprisingly last quite a while even in 3C guise in the rear...).
Agree- not sure why they don't make a few more options. I wish they made an Aggressor with DH casing for a faster rolling tire.

Specialized Eliminator Grid Gravity T7/T9 is another good option for a heavy duty but still pedalable rear tire.
10/10/2022 1:08pm
C-LION wrote:
Commencal‘s webpage has been down in the past hours…will we see their 2023 range soon? 👀
Didn't Commencal said they were done with season bike collections and would only do bike special series whenever they pleased and until sold out and then more ? I think Cannondale also announced something similar with Covid happened but not sure if they really implemented it.

Post a reply to: MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

The Latest