MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Related:
Primoz
6/19/2020 1:01pm
I've put together an a la carte TR with X01, Code RSC, Reverb, EX1501 wheels and a Super Deluxe. Without a seat, tyres, grips and a fork it came out to 4500 €, so roughly 5300 or 5400 for a complete build with a Lyrik Ultimate. This is the same spec that cost me ~4500 for my Bird...
piroloco
6/19/2020 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 7:34am
[Embargoed content removed]

metadave
6/19/2020 7:07pm
Maybe I'm late to the party on this one, but looking at the new Commencal HT lineup, I'm seeing a Rockshox coil 35...... Which, and I may be wrong, but im pretty sure you can toss a charger damper in.....
6/20/2020 12:59am
Wow Commencal really outdid themselves!! All of them look so dann good!! If I had infinite money I’d buy em all😀
C-LION
6/20/2020 12:11pm
Wow Commencal really outdid themselves!! All of them look so dann good!! If I had infinite money I’d buy em all😀
It’s insane. They look stunning 😍 Can’t wait to see the new Furious! Love their concept and their marketing department is next-level - their edits have been insane lately
mitch160
6/20/2020 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 7:34am

millsr4
6/21/2020 5:45am
mitch160 wrote:

Every time I hear about this new Zeb fork I'm hit with a wave of disappointment since they're not bringing back the Totem...
metadave
6/21/2020 7:56am
mitch160 wrote:

millsr4 wrote:
Every time I hear about this new Zeb fork I'm hit with a wave of disappointment since they're not bringing back the Totem...
Even if the totem name wasn't an option, Zeb is meh name wise

Also if the Meta AM, and clash are being released this week as per their website as well as I'm sure other brands about to drop 2021 bikes soon are they going to release it with the Zeb blurred out or is Rockshox Gona launch it this week?
mitch160
6/22/2020 5:05am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 7:35am

Maxipedia
6/22/2020 6:00am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 6:21am
metadave wrote:
Even if the totem name wasn't an option, Zeb is meh name wise Also if the Meta AM, and clash are being released this week as...

Also if the Meta AM, and clash are being released this week as per their website as well as I'm sure other brands about to drop 2021 bikes soon are they going to release it with the Zeb blurred out or is Rockshox Gona launch it this week?
Still about 14.000 times better than the super creative 36, 40, 32... But maybe it's my fault that I can't stand these alphanumerical creations, although I'm willing to give some a pass: M3, ZL-1... :D

Speaking of names, weren't the old RockShox ”trim” designations in numbers, that were inspired by the displacement of legendary muscle car engines the shiznit? Like 289 (OG Mustang), 302 (Camaro Z/28, Mustang Boss), 351 (Mustang Mach 1), 409 (Impala, the Beach Boys had a song about it), 426 (legendary Hemi elephant) and 454 (the rat motor in the '70 Chevelle)? Damn, that was one of the coolest thing ever and it flew under the radar so so hard!

I drink a beer for RockShox!
Mx

6/22/2020 7:40am
Note from the editors: leaks and rumors are all part of the fun here, we get it. We'll be the first to drool over an exciting pic of some bike scooped in the lift lines or out on a trail somewhere (fair game!). But when somebody "leaks" a whole new catalog of new bikes directly from the press information distributed in confidence by said brand (and still under embargo), it goes too far. In this case, Commencal asked us to take down these posts as they not only spoil their own launch party but also include embargoed information from another brand.
6/22/2020 9:14am
iceman2058 wrote:
Note from the editors: leaks and rumors are all part of the fun here, we get it. We'll be the first to drool over an exciting...
Note from the editors: leaks and rumors are all part of the fun here, we get it. We'll be the first to drool over an exciting pic of some bike scooped in the lift lines or out on a trail somewhere (fair game!). But when somebody "leaks" a whole new catalog of new bikes directly from the press information distributed in confidence by said brand (and still under embargo), it goes too far. In this case, Commencal asked us to take down these posts as they not only spoil their own launch party but also include embargoed information from another brand.
Zuestman
6/22/2020 9:18am
iceman2058 wrote:
Note from the editors: leaks and rumors are all part of the fun here, we get it. We'll be the first to drool over an exciting...
I think that is a more than reasonable line to draw in the sand.
Maxipedia
6/22/2020 10:47am
A lot of trust and loyalty around those Andorran offices, eh? Wink
brash
6/22/2020 2:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 2:20pm
iceman2058 wrote:
The info and images were straight from their website and not "hidden" at all. Was available for all to see, and for quite a while then pulled.

The simple fact is, unfortunately someone stuffed up at Commencal.

I can appreciate the position you guys are in, and respect that. So I'll be a good boy from here in.

6/22/2020 3:13pm
metadave wrote:
Even if the totem name wasn't an option, Zeb is meh name wise Also if the Meta AM, and clash are being released this week as...

Maxipedia wrote:
Still about 14.000 times better than the super creative 36, 40, 32... But maybe it's my fault that I can't stand these alphanumerical creations, although I'm...
Still about 14.000 times better than the super creative 36, 40, 32... But maybe it's my fault that I can't stand these alphanumerical creations, although I'm willing to give some a pass: M3, ZL-1... :D

Speaking of names, weren't the old RockShox ”trim” designations in numbers, that were inspired by the displacement of legendary muscle car engines the shiznit? Like 289 (OG Mustang), 302 (Camaro Z/28, Mustang Boss), 351 (Mustang Mach 1), 409 (Impala, the Beach Boys had a song about it), 426 (legendary Hemi elephant) and 454 (the rat motor in the '70 Chevelle)? Damn, that was one of the coolest thing ever and it flew under the radar so so hard!

I drink a beer for RockShox!
Mx

Huh. I had a Pike 409 and had no idea what the number referred to. Nice.
Primoz
6/22/2020 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 3:29pm
I didn't as well.

As for Commencal, before any of this talk today started, the new Meta AM was posted. And it still is. And it still says that it's going public on 7th july. But only for the bikes equipped with the SuperDeluxe and Sram drivetrain. The bikes equipped with FOX or Ohlins suspension (and Shimano drivetrain) are all clear, pictures and spec.

The message is clear as well. There's a new fork coming out and it's 'likely' a Sram product. We more or less know through all the rumors that it will be called the ZEB. We can see the ZEB decal through the blur on Commencal's web page.

What is the point in deleting the posts? Sorry, 'spoiling launch parties' is a bad reason as it's not our fault we can put 1 and 1 together to make a 2, Commencal should keep the Sram specced bikes a secret if they're not in a position to reveal when the new RS fork will be officially revealed. The way they posted these bikes makes it 100 % clear to anyone with a bit of common sense what is going on.
6/22/2020 5:27pm
Primoz wrote:
I didn't as well. As for Commencal, before any of this talk today started, the new Meta AM was posted. And it still is. And it...
I didn't as well.

As for Commencal, before any of this talk today started, the new Meta AM was posted. And it still is. And it still says that it's going public on 7th july. But only for the bikes equipped with the SuperDeluxe and Sram drivetrain. The bikes equipped with FOX or Ohlins suspension (and Shimano drivetrain) are all clear, pictures and spec.

The message is clear as well. There's a new fork coming out and it's 'likely' a Sram product. We more or less know through all the rumors that it will be called the ZEB. We can see the ZEB decal through the blur on Commencal's web page.

What is the point in deleting the posts? Sorry, 'spoiling launch parties' is a bad reason as it's not our fault we can put 1 and 1 together to make a 2, Commencal should keep the Sram specced bikes a secret if they're not in a position to reveal when the new RS fork will be officially revealed. The way they posted these bikes makes it 100 % clear to anyone with a bit of common sense what is going on.
Because its not vitals place.
sspomer
6/22/2020 6:46pm
IIRC (and i don't recall very well b/c i don't really care and haven't kept track of dates and times), the pics of commencals that were leaked here were not yet on the public commencal website or were still under embargo. if the pics existed on a commencal URL, that URL was intended to be private, even though they were leaked here. poaching a private URL is different than "spoiling a launch party." if there was a tech f-up on the part of commencal, that's on them, but we'll still take the pics down if they ask. it was a mistake or it was someone with knowledge they weren't supposed to share yet.

since the meta am 29 actually launched today, they have the blurred out fork on the meta am 29 team on their public site now. their blur job is hardly hiding anything even though they've asked publishers to "be careful not to show models featuring XXXX product".

i saw one of the soon-to-be released bikes in person the other day. let me just say that limo drivers will be stoked.
Primoz
6/22/2020 10:31pm
I have email notifications and mitch160 said that the new fork will apparently be released on the 7th according to the site. And he was deleted. But that info comes directly from the official site.

The older photos are something different, but I don't see a reason to delete mitchs post. I intended to post the same thing even before him but figured someone else will do it anyway
mitch160
6/23/2020 1:21am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 1:23am
Primoz wrote:
I have email notifications and mitch160 said that the new fork will apparently be released on the 7th according to the site. And he was deleted...
I have email notifications and mitch160 said that the new fork will apparently be released on the 7th according to the site. And he was deleted. But that info comes directly from the official site.

The older photos are something different, but I don't see a reason to delete mitchs post. I intended to post the same thing even before him but figured someone else will do it anyway
The possible release date was directly from the commencal website. BTW the new meta am bikes look really good. Link https://www.commencal-store.com.au/meta-am-29-team-c2x30712417
6/23/2020 12:46pm
Does anyone know what YT are up to? If you look on their Instagram they’re teasing a skull with a coil shock behind it. Maybe a free ride rig incoming? Something like a Commencal furious or along those lines?
6/23/2020 12:56pm
Does anyone know what YT are up to? If you look on their Instagram they’re teasing a skull with a coil shock behind it. Maybe a...
Does anyone know what YT are up to? If you look on their Instagram they’re teasing a skull with a coil shock behind it. Maybe a free ride rig incoming? Something like a Commencal furious or along those lines?
My guess is another limited edition
Primoz
6/23/2020 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 2:40pm
mitch160 wrote:
The possible release date was directly from the commencal website. BTW the new meta am bikes look really good. Link https://www.commencal-store.com.au/meta-am-29-team-c2x30712417
I know, I saw it yesterday morning, a few hours before you posted this. As I said, I was thinking about posting the same post you posted, but got too lazy to do it, figuring someone else will do it anyway.

I'm not going into the deleted photos and if it makes sense for them to be deleted based on the wishes of the manufacturer, but I think mitch's post didn't need to be redacted. And yeah, I know, it's not my (or our, as the end users) choice to make, the site operators have certain responsibilities to other parties as well, but on the other hand, taking care of the community matters as well, without us the users there is no community.

As for the YT 'Furious' model, isn't the Capra freeride enough??
Maxipedia
6/23/2020 11:55pm
Huh. I had a Pike 409 and had no idea what the number referred to. Nice.
It doesn't get much better than the Beach Boys making a song for an engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHRJCcCYAF4

...well, maybe Jaya The Cat singing about an El Camino or Primus dubbing the ballad of a 4-4-2 driver! Smile )

Regarding the discussion above, Vital and Spomer are just doing their job, the new Zeb is the industry worst kept secret (now with hard evidence on the ”keeping” part) and when a product or a line receive so much anticipation everybody is actually benefiting, because there is BUZZ about the product even before anyone knows how the hell it looks like. Yes-yes, we will patiently wait for the glossy pics and the ”first ride” articles here and there, but there is no real loss here and RockShox is just fine. Hell, I even unearthed information nobody actually cares about. Should I post a picture of all my 3579 RockShox forks from '89 to now, so that SRAM isn't upset with us mean people on this forum anymore? :D

Neah, thought so, we good!

Mx
gibbon
6/24/2020 3:58am
[embargo comment removed]

Possibly the most game changing technology seen in cycling since disc brakes.
Mtbforlife4
6/24/2020 5:55am
gibbon wrote:

Is there another Tech rumor forum that doesn't get censored out there?
Primoz
6/24/2020 6:07am
Probably. But it's like that because it doesn't get as much traffic, therefore doesn't have high maintenance costs and can afford that and is, of course, unknown to the masses Smile
sspomer
6/24/2020 7:03am
gibbon wrote:

best post yet.

Post a reply to: MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

The Latest