Accessibility Widget: On | Off

MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Create New Tag

8/11/2022 6:59 AM

watchcwgo wrote:

It’s possible Richie has a slightly different version. Seeing the electronic pack on Jesses reservoir, I wondered if frame ...more

And the Pinkbike Video seems to be a little bit older and the shock might be on a new iteration.

|

8/11/2022 8:25 AM

Nsmb have pics of a new Chromag that's at crankworx Photo

|

8/11/2022 8:48 AM

jazza_wil wrote:

Looks like the titanium version of the Darco

|

8/11/2022 11:47 AM

jazza_wil wrote:

Good lawd that’s beautiful. 🤤

|

8/11/2022 1:18 PM

Uncle Cliffy wrote:

Good lawd that’s beautiful.

It's making me reconsider my "absolutely no trunnion mount bikes" stance...

|

8/12/2022 4:27 AM

sspomer wrote:

another pic of that polygon
Photo

I wonder if Polygon has given up on the XSQUAREONE EX with the R3ACT 2PLAY suspension design from NAILD.

If you think the above product jargon is, er, unique, then you should google what the bike looks like.

|

8/12/2022 5:55 AM

Verbl Kint wrote:

I wonder if Polygon has given up on the XSQUAREONE EX with the R3ACT 2PLAY suspension design from NAILD.

If you think the ...more

I hope so, afaik Marin have dropped it (I believe Marin and Polygon are owned by the same company).

I suspect that design doesn't play well with the trend towards steeper seat tube angles; the Wolf Ridge 8 has a 73.5° (effective) seat tube angle. https://www.marinbikes.com/bikes/2020-wolf-ridge-8#geometry

|

8/12/2022 6:51 AM

Probably also doesn't play that well with aluminium frames (weight and all)... And likely with sales numbers as well.

|

8/12/2022 1:18 PM

I heard nothing but good reviews from people willing to take a chance on them, a local xc smasher got the long travel bike and said he was crushing some uphill Strava personal bests on the 150 Marin.

But I think in cycling form and function are often on equal ground. It needs to work well and it needs to look like current trends. Even the Tantrum bikes reviewed well if I remember correctly (maybe I'm wrong) but I've only seen one locally on a buy sell. It just didn't look right to people even if the concept is good so they won't jump on it. If it looked like a session or SC, they would have sold like bacon pancakes in a beer garden.

|

8/12/2022 1:28 PM

metadave wrote:

I heard nothing but good reviews from people willing to take a chance on them, a local xc smasher got the long travel bike and ...more

I know a couple dudes who got them. They thought they rode fine, but maintenance and inherent failures steered them away eventually.

|

8/12/2022 3:34 PM

Devinci testing out a free ride spartan HP? Or a completely new Wilson?
Per Cam Zibo’s instagram Photo

|

Making bikes go fast since 2020

8/12/2022 6:09 PM

Brevard_Bikewrench wrote:

Post was taken off his IG or maybe it was from yesterday? Looks interesting!

|

8/13/2022 7:28 AM

That shock looks awfully long. Too much like the Spartan design-wise, but with a shock that long… i’d guess it’s got Wilson’s amount of travel! smile

|

8/13/2022 10:09 AM

rampage-specific bike?

|

8/13/2022 12:53 PM

Georgia Astle has posted pics of her spartan around crankworks with a fox 40 on the front

|

8/13/2022 2:04 PM

lloyd506 wrote:

Georgia Astle has posted pics of her spartan around crankworks with a fox 40 on the front

The photo she put up of the side view is gone but still had this one up. Photo

|

8/13/2022 2:23 PM

jazza_wil wrote:

Looks like the standard spartan with maybe a lowered 40. The one Zink posted looks like it uses the DH sized shock with a smaller rocker link.

|

Making bikes go fast since 2020

8/13/2022 4:13 PM

lloyd506 wrote:

jazza_wil wrote:

Looks like the standard spartan with maybe a lowered 40. The one Zink posted looks like it uses the DH sized shock with a ...more

Should have clarified, it’s her regular spartan just with a lowered 40 from memory, I just added the photo as a reference if someone wanted to compare to Cam’s

|

8/13/2022 9:52 PM

Info from PinkBike
Photo

|

8/13/2022 9:53 PM

prototype reign on pinkbikes story, looks generally like a giant but slacker and with in frame storage potentially based on the size of the downtube and what looks like a hatch under the bottle cage. also has the new fox shock Photo

|

8/13/2022 10:08 PM

I've heard a late August release close to the new Glory. One of them might even get a certain retro paint job....

|

8/14/2022 10:54 AM

Id own giant bikes, but Here in NZ if you have a warranty you have to wait untill next production run, which in my case last time was over 6 months.... they dont carry warranty frames like many other brands do.

|

8/14/2022 11:08 AM

Not technically bike design related but the new Bell full face helmet Gwin is currently riding is probably near production/release. It is likely been released to media for testing as it is worn by M. Kazimer in the latest Grim Donut video from PB.

|

8/14/2022 3:48 PM

Bit late to post, but here are a few snaps I took of Finn's bike from MSA Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/14/2022 4:09 PM

noideamtber wrote:

Id own giant bikes, but Here in NZ if you have a warranty you have to wait untill next production run, which in my case last ...more

oof, didnt know that one as a fellow nzer

|

8/14/2022 7:10 PM

Was at EWS Burke this weekend. Didn’t see much but the entire commencal team were riding that VPP style prototype Cecile ravanel was spotted on a couple months ago.

|

8/15/2022 3:59 AM

rizleybear wrote:

prototype reign on pinkbikes story, looks generally like a giant but slacker and with in frame storage potentially based on ...more

For pictures of the frame features (alu version):

https://bikerumor.com/spotted-prototype-giant-enduro-bike-at-ews-tweed-valley/

No stupid stuff to be seen, could be a great new Reign if it has size between 455 an 490 reach and more rear travel than 148.

|

8/15/2022 7:57 AM

fkawasaki wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Is it just me or are the chainstay and the rocker link fairly smooth looking? I.e. not made on a CNC?

|

8/15/2022 9:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2022 9:42 AM

fkawasaki wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Was watching the MSA race with one of my buddies who aside from being damn fast on the MTB, is also a high speed roadie nerd. He brought up an interesting point about the cover on Finn's bike: He felt that over such a long track, that the aerodynamic gains the cover provided were pretty similar to having a fairing and would likely easily add up to 0.2 of a second.

|

8/15/2022 10:48 AM

fkawasaki wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Primoz wrote:

Is it just me or are the chainstay and the rocker link fairly smooth looking? I.e. not made on a CNC?

And what’s between the rear tire and seat stay bridge? Stiffness adjuster?

|