Accessibility Widget: On | Off

MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Create New Tag

7/10/2022 4:40 PM

DHRIII

|

7/10/2022 8:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2022 8:51 PM

Yep, those are effectively E Thirteen's LG1 tread pattern. Vee Rubber was making them for E13, which sadly seems like they stopped selling them. I've been riding the TRS A/T Mopo "trail" tires (same tread and rubber, different casing) and they were my favorite tires ever. Plus they were the only 1000g tires I could ride in rocky places without tearing sidewalls or flatting.

Hopefully Vee will continue making them and sell those under their own name at least.

|

7/11/2022 12:01 AM

mntnmrtn wrote:

Yep, those are effectively E Thirteen's LG1 tread pattern. Vee Rubber was making them for E13, which sadly seems like they ...more

*tin foil hat on* VEE decided to keep the mold for themselves which is why E13 has been out of stock on A/T tires for so long. Same shit happened to many brands (Onza for exemple) when Maxxis decided to kick out a lot of the brands they were manufacturing tires for. Maxxis wouldn't use other brands' molds because their designs are what other companies try to copy but for VEE which has been trying to get it right for a while now, reusing a mold that works could be tempting. Because the new E13 still advertise MoPo compound doesn't mean they still produce with VEE. *tin foil hat off*

|

7/11/2022 4:42 AM

New things from shimano ebike side. embn had a video up about ep6 motor and automatic shifting before it got taken down. Ad up on the other site mentions ep6 and 'cues' di2. The image also has what likes to be a di2 derailleur but not the old style so assuming its the new one spotted at e-ews?
Photo
Photo

|

7/11/2022 4:49 AM

Hm... Are you sure it's not an old one? It has the double knuckle enabling the use of Shimano's "direct mount" hanger. 1x12 stuff for mtb ditched that.

|

7/11/2022 4:53 AM

Primoz wrote:

Hm... Are you sure it's not an old one? It has the double knuckle enabling the use of Shimano's "direct mount" hanger. 1x12 ...more

You're probably right actually, the cage just looked quite different to me but that's a bigger giveaway

|

7/11/2022 5:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2022 5:22 AM

|

7/11/2022 6:55 AM

|

7/11/2022 7:58 AM

jonkranked wrote:

interesting that xt would possibly get 12spd di2 before xtr.

Maybe because XTR cassettes are made of Cheesium? I killed 2 in 200 miles each, I can't imagine what an ebike does to them.

|

7/11/2022 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2022 8:11 AM

https://mtb.shimano.com/us/products/e-mtb/ep600/

EP6 seems to just be a heavier EP8, I guess like a slx version of an XTR component?

Weird, would have expected something more along the lines of a purpose-built lightweight offering with lower power like what Orbea did for the Rise.

I think this EP801 is "new" also: https://mtb.shimano.com/us/products/e-mtb/ep801/?tab=display , seems to just be a software update to do the autoshift stuff.

New display and command switch seems compatible accross the board. Still stuck on 630Wh batteries however.

|

7/11/2022 8:38 AM

jonkranked wrote:

It make sense in Shimano hierarchy because XTR doesn't exist in the Linkglide family. There is only Deore and XT in linkglide.

Also make sense that Linkglide XT Di2 use the shadow mount mountain hanger standard since Linkglide cassette are on the HG standard with 11t cog as the smallest cog.

The CUES di2 commuting stuff is more intriguing and a whole new family for Shimano but the cassette looks to be based on the Linkglide tech.

|

7/11/2022 10:17 AM

jonkranked wrote:

Guillaume_Fortin wrote:

It make sense in Shimano hierarchy because XTR doesn't exist in the Linkglide family. There is only Deore and XT in linkglide. ...more

just read on that other site that the new xt di2 will be offered in two tiers: one for HG+ (12spd) and another for Linkglide (11spd)

|

7/11/2022 10:20 AM

|

7/11/2022 1:20 PM

Photo

Anyone know what this caliper is on Loris Vergier's bike? The rest of brake systems seemed to be from Sram except this.
|

7/11/2022 1:23 PM

mousetech wrote: Photo

Anyone know what this caliper is on Loris Vergier's bike? The rest of brake systems seemed to be from Sram except this.

New sram code caliper

|

7/11/2022 1:24 PM

New upcoming Code caliper. Already covered in this topic.

|

7/12/2022 4:53 AM

|

7/12/2022 4:53 AM

Jon_Angieri wrote:

Let’s not forget that the inventor of the Supre drivetrain, the one that ONLY works on high pivots, is working for a unnamed “ ...more

Well as already stated it's not Norco.

https://en.nicolai-bicycles.com/nucleon-16/

|

7/12/2022 6:21 AM

nollak wrote:

for as much as is going on with that bike, it still manages to look really good.

|

7/12/2022 6:54 AM

Jon_Angieri wrote:

Let’s not forget that the inventor of the Supre drivetrain, the one that ONLY works on high pivots, is working for a unnamed “ ...more

nollak wrote:

On his Instagram he mentions that he’s still working with a different company. Nicolai approached him AFTER the drivetrain reveal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf6Txtiqc36/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

|

7/12/2022 7:03 AM

Jon_Angieri wrote:

Turns out, it's actually not Norco, but Nicolai/Geometron.

|

7/12/2022 7:09 AM

Jon_Angieri wrote:

FullSend wrote:

Photo
|

7/12/2022 7:27 AM

FullSend wrote:

Nicolai is not Geometron. They get their own spec frames from Nicolai, where Nicolai can sell their own.

|

7/12/2022 7:28 AM

https://www.trekbikes.com/de/de_DE/bikes/mountainbikes/e-mountainbikes/fuel-exe/c/B346/

New Fuel Ex-E online on the website, at least the german one.
|

7/12/2022 8:07 AM

FullSend wrote:

per the above instagram post, nicolai approached LAL after they announced the drivetrain. there is still another company LAL is working with, but Nicolai managed to develop their bike faster and will have it on market first.

|

7/12/2022 8:14 AM

mousetech wrote: Photo

The Eddie Van Halen' Frankenstein edition-A pieced together brakeset modified from the factory. That's my take on it.

|

7/12/2022 8:30 AM

Is it just me or is that rear caliper location on the Nicolai straight up stupid?

|

7/12/2022 8:53 AM

It's strange but i'm sure it serves a purpose

|

7/12/2022 9:15 AM

Yeah. Making it impossible to adjust the caliper and prevent rotor rub.

|

7/12/2022 4:53 PM

Primoz wrote:

Yeah. Making it impossible to adjust the caliper and prevent rotor rub.

howso? the adjustment is at the brake caliper itself, not on the post mounts on the frame.

|