Accessibility Widget: On | Off

MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Create New Tag

7/6/2022 7:58 AM

bizutch wrote:

Manufacturers are doing every single thing under their power to deceive the authorities and hide electric motors in plain ...more

It's all fun and games until you find yourself on a bike with a giant dildo hanging off it...

But, on the other hand, I rode with a guy the other day... Older guy, used to ride road back in the 80s and 90s.. Age and weight has caught up with him. He borrowed an ebike and was able to hang with us on on most of the climbs. He had a blast riding with his boys and seems like a strong candidate to buy one. Hell, I'm closing in on 50, so I can see me on one within the next 10 years..

The only downside I see to ebikes is that it lowers a barrier of entry. It eliminates the suffering that scares off a lot of people. That means more bikes on already crowded trails. On the upside, it also potentially mean more voices in the fight for trails. But, just like any other newbie, they have to be taught.

I have no issues with class 1 pedal assist bikes on the trails...

|

7/6/2022 9:41 AM

bizutch wrote:

Manufacturers are doing every single thing under their power to deceive the authorities and hide electric motors in plain ...more

Brian_Peterson wrote:

It's all fun and games until you find yourself on a bike with a giant dildo hanging off it...

But, on the other hand, I rode ...more

The problem is your view doesn't hold up long term, let alone even in the very short term. E-bikes are impossible to regulate, they're already being used illegally daily regardless of that silly and quite useless "Class" system & technology has already blown past the meager Class 1.

Class 3 looks like a 1. SurRon looks like a 3 & a 2 & a 1.
SurRon has already shattered a guys jaw & escaped. I've already seen two SurRons poaching Pisgah in less than a month. I see e-bikes poaching every single trail in Pisgah & they're illegal on all of the trails.

The Stark Varg e-moto is here & a full supercross ready platform that's DEAD SILENT.

I've already had kids rip by me on trail using Strider full electric motos. Those kids aren't going back to pedal bikes as they get older. Electric motor tech is way past that foolish and naive "Class 1" notion & the riders don't give one crap about any rule anywhere.

People want toys. Then they want bigger toys. And these aren't jet skis on a small lake. E-motos & e-mopeds....they just disappear in the forest if you try to catch them.

We're so far gone

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.

7/6/2022 9:59 AM

bizutch wrote:

Brian_Peterson wrote:

But, on the other hand, I rode ...more

bizutch wrote:

The problem is your view doesn't hold up long term, let alone even in the very short term. E-bikes are impossible to regulate, ...more

please take your „problems with e-bikes discussion“ to another thread! it‘s about new tech in hear, thx.

|

7/6/2022 10:11 AM

Yes, it's happening. I was against it, now that I have one and I use it to my advantage. F#ck negativity, and put your energy into trail stewardship or to persuade manufacturers to put money into financing trail and land access. Don't rant in a forum where no one is part of the group you're ranting about. Go out and ride your bike, or eBike.

|

7/6/2022 10:27 AM

lenzerheide pit bits video

|

7/6/2022 10:29 AM

krabo83 wrote:

please take your „problems with e-bikes discussion“ to another thread! it‘s about new tech in hear, thx.

this. posts going into the weeds of ebike acceptance or denial we be nuked from this thread.

|

7/6/2022 10:45 AM

bizutch wrote:

The problem is your view doesn't hold up long term, let alone even in the very short term. E-bikes are impossible to regulate, ...more

krabo83 wrote:

sspomer wrote:

this. posts going into the weeds of ebike acceptance or denial we be nuked from this thread.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Downsides-of-ebikes-and-what-should-the-industry-trail-organizations-do-about-it,11488

Made a thread to discuss it here if anyone has something more to say.

|

7/6/2022 2:10 PM

|

7/6/2022 2:56 PM

More Shuttle SL:

?t=24
|

7/6/2022 5:24 PM

My favourite part of WC weekends, the pit bits!

Looking forwards to the TRP drivetrain becoming public!

|

7/6/2022 5:32 PM

That other site released a video on new DH bikes in Lenzerheide and flashed this image while talking about the new Demo.

Photo

|

7/6/2022 7:38 PM

JamesR_2026 wrote:

New Forbidden DH bike to be revealed at Lenzerheide?
Connor says "stoked to get some time on the big bike before flying off to ...more

So um, I was right about this last week.
New Forbidden DH bike being revealed at Lenzerheide!

|

7/6/2022 7:42 PM

sspomer wrote:

pit bits 1 photos from lenzerheide
...more

LookinForIt wrote:

My favourite part of WC weekends, the pit bits!

Looking forwards to the TRP drivetrain becoming public!

still no new saint.

|

7/6/2022 8:31 PM

millsr4 wrote:

That other site released a video on new DH bikes in Lenzerheide and flashed this image while talking about the new Demo.

Photo

That looks like the standard demo.

Much different than this
Photo

|

7/6/2022 9:33 PM

millsr4 wrote:

Photo

That's the current one.

|

7/6/2022 9:41 PM

the other site also has one shot of the new Forbidden DH bike...

|

7/6/2022 10:15 PM

O1D4 wrote:

the other site also has one shot of the new Forbidden DH bike...

Posted it for you
Photo

|

7/6/2022 11:00 PM

Looks like an inverted Horst-link similar to the Range or old Darkmatter, but with the lower link pivoting above the BB.

|

7/6/2022 11:11 PM

millsr4 wrote:

Photo

carlinojoevideo wrote:

Much different than this
Photo

Finn will running the new Demo this Weekend

|

7/7/2022 1:28 AM

new Schwalbe Tire on BC bike Photo

|

7/7/2022 1:48 AM

Hoping Sram have an accessible bolt on the calipers of the new prototype brakes seen knocking about at the world cups unlike current code calipers

|

7/7/2022 4:27 AM

Is forbidden ditching the single pivot? There could be a horst link back there. Photo

|

7/7/2022 6:14 AM

carlinojoevideo wrote:

Much different than this
Photo

I saw Finn riding this whilst riding in Verbier last week. Sorry I didn't get chance to take any photos - he was down and back on the lift before I could blink!

|

7/7/2022 6:16 AM

finn's proto from practice this morn in lenzerheide
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/7/2022 6:23 AM

sspomer wrote:

finn's proto from practice this morn in lenzerheide
Photo
Photo
Photo

What in the world?

|

7/7/2022 6:44 AM

PisgahGnar wrote:

Is forbidden ditching the single pivot? There could be a horst link back there. Photo

Definitely looks like it. And the idler looks like it's mounted to the front triangle (via a offset mount), which would make it OK in regards to iTrack patent.

|

7/7/2022 6:49 AM

CWizzle720 wrote:

Hoping Sram have an accessible bolt on the calipers of the new prototype brakes seen knocking about at the world cups unlike ...more

If you use the t25 bolts that they where designed for then you tool won't hit the calipers, saying that I still use 5mm cause its not that much of an issue!

|

7/7/2022 7:25 AM

Forbidden looked at Norco and said yeah I have what that guys having...

|

7/7/2022 7:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2022 7:47 AM

connor and forbidden DH bike in action. he's currently 12th in timed runs with a few mins to go

Photo
Photo

|

7/7/2022 7:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2022 7:46 AM

Horst link confirmed.

Banana.split.oreos I've never seen torx bolts on any Sram brakes from the factory or from an aftermarket adapter kit. They are all 5 mm Allen. You have to buy Torx bolts aftermarket separately from any brakes or adapters (they are intended for flat mount brakes).

|