Create New Tag

7/1/2022 6:03 AM

|

7/1/2022 7:20 AM

posting screengrab of garbaruk cranks b/c they look neat
Photo

|

7/1/2022 7:40 AM

I wonder how many arms and legs it will cost... And what BB it will run on.

|

7/1/2022 7:50 AM

Primoz wrote:

I wonder how many arms and legs it will cost... And what BB it will run on.

probably all of them if they actually hit that weight.... which is 20g less than eewings.

if you click through the instagram link you can see the spindle, looks 30mm to me.

|

7/1/2022 8:36 AM

'What BB' as in their own design or something off the shelf. That's what interests me. If they would piggyback on dub for example or something similar, it would make it a lot more interesting, as it's a proven BB (used in thousands around the world) and you can get it cheaply anywhere you want.

If they are to make their own, how well is it sealed? Being able to replace just the bearings on its own would be a plus, but given how modern BBs with large diameter spindles are made (thin plastic sleeves in the bearings to prevent creaking and chewing up the aluminium spindles), I'm not too hopeful for that one...

|

7/1/2022 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2022 8:51 AM

big b wrote:

The mystery yellow Ebike is indeed the new Fuel EXe. 14k for the AXS XX1 9.9.

I think we can consider this confirmed as there are already ads for the bike on Instagram leading to this post on the German, Austrian and Swiss Trek Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfdz7vAtit8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

|

7/1/2022 4:07 PM

Primoz wrote:

'What BB' as in their own design or something off the shelf. That's what interests me. If they would piggyback on dub for ...more

5dev offers their cranks in 30 and dub. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the norm for anyone not named shimano

|

7/2/2022 4:52 PM

New Forbidden DH bike to be revealed at Lenzerheide?
Connor says "stoked to get some time on the big bike before flying off to Switzerland on Monday" in his latest insta post
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cfh0PuwJYQ7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

|

7/2/2022 8:26 PM

Speaking of Gabaruk anyone have experience with the cassettes?

|

7/2/2022 10:06 PM

mfoga wrote:

Yes l do. I have an 11sp with 50t cog and overall l am pleased. Very light and shifts pretty good with a XT derailleur, xtr shifter and KMC 12sp chain. I can't compare this to a Shimano or SRAM cassette in the shifting department as l haven't used one of those in many years. Well worth looking at if you are using an 11sp drivetrain.

|

7/2/2022 10:28 PM

mfoga wrote:

Yes. Exclusively using them wink Light, shift well, cheaper than SRAM, long lasting

|

7/3/2022 8:57 AM

New Canyon spotted in Planai
Photo

|

7/3/2022 9:40 AM

Martin_Prophet wrote:

Photo

High pivot Sender?

|

7/3/2022 1:14 PM

Martin_Prophet wrote:

Photo

Ideally a high- or mid-pivot sender in aluminum. In my view there is no advantage to have a carbon DH race bike. Rode the latest version of the Sender back to back with the Supreme and it was noticeably more nervous. Guess the weight was a big factor. But maybe that’s just me 😉

Anyway, super interested in seeing in which direction they go and if they will race it already in one of the upcoming world cups.

|

7/3/2022 1:55 PM

When are we doing to discuss the 500g of weight thats been put onto dh bikes?

The PB forums/comments preach lighter is better

|

7/3/2022 6:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2022 6:12 PM

noideamtber wrote:

When are we doing to discuss the 500g of weight thats been put onto dh bikes?

The PB forums/comments preach lighter is better ...more

like the ones strapped to laurie's v10 in January?

|

7/3/2022 7:00 PM

Martin_Prophet wrote:

Photo

Bit of photoshop helped make the image a little bigger maybe

Photo

|

7/4/2022 2:56 AM

Martin_Prophet wrote:

Photo

Planai is Schladming. I clearly says Morzine - Portes du Soleil right there.

|

7/4/2022 3:25 AM

Martin_Prophet wrote:

Photo

lickmycrinkle wrote:

You're right, it was in Pleney

|

7/4/2022 4:45 AM

Martin_Prophet wrote:

Photo

lickmycrinkle wrote:

Martin_Prophet wrote:

If they are testing a proto on Le Pleney they really want it to be seen. I can't think of a less secret place to test!

|

7/4/2022 4:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2022 2:42 AM

Martin_Prophet wrote:

Photo

C-LION wrote:

Ideally a high- or mid-pivot sender in aluminum. In my view there is no advantage to have a carbon DH race bike. Rode the ...more

I know for a fact that there are currently no plans for an aluminium version of the Sender.

They've got the Torque AL, which is basically a DH bike and can be built up to 200mm/185mm with a long-stroke shock, dual-crown fork. And the frame is Category 5 certified, exactly like the Sender.

|

7/4/2022 5:17 AM

lickmycrinkle wrote:

Martin_Prophet wrote:

JamesR_2026 wrote:

If they are testing a proto on Le Pleney they really want it to be seen. I can't think of a less secret place to test!

Security through obscurity...

|

7/4/2022 3:21 PM

New video in embn about fazua factory. Showing it on a pivot frame Photo

|

7/4/2022 3:25 PM

Photo
|

7/4/2022 5:07 PM

That video also had a shot of the 'announced' Transition Relay but in a different colour...

Photo

|

7/4/2022 11:17 PM

interesting way to release a new bike.

lighter weight with 60nm is gonna be braaaaap!
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/4/2022 11:21 PM

JamesR_2026 wrote:

On the other hand that is probably the best spot in the world to test DH bikes as you have unlimited number of steep and technical trails accessible by a single lift. Thats why most of the racing field was there last week in preparation for the next round! Its really hard to keep anything secret these days with everyone carrying decent camera in their pocket, so you might as well cover the bike and throw it into the wild

|

7/5/2022 5:20 AM

em_comp wrote: Photo

Pivot went from the ugliest ebike to an absolute stunner.

|

7/5/2022 5:21 AM

That pivot is gorgeous, but I doubt there will be a version below $10k

|

7/5/2022 7:33 AM

Manufacturers are doing every single thing under their power to deceive the authorities and hide electric motors in plain sight so they can just sell the living shit out of them and the forests will be covered in motorized vehicles hiding in plain sight.

If they weren't trying to be shady as fokk about hiding moped motors, they'd all making them bling/bling shiny like a Pro Circuit aftermarket pipe on a motocross bike. But they're all trying to hide them.

Maybe a law needs to come down the pipes that anything sold in the US as an e-bike must have a giant dildo hanging off it so people out for a hike will know exactly what kind of person just zipped by them without speaking three times in a half hour.

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.