Am I late to the party or early???
Photo

Saw that ad on PB too - Not listed on Norcos site just yet

|

6/16/2021 7:25 PM

RageingDH wrote:

Photo

Link? Nice to see a new catalog photo after staring at the embargoed one for a year…

|

6/16/2021 8:20 PM

RageingDH wrote:

Photo

Uncle Cliffy wrote:

Link? Nice to see a new catalog photo after staring at the embargoed one for a year…

It was just a pop up ad. There were 2 different ones. The other one showed the bike better but I didn’t screenshot it. I went to the main page to see the article about it and there wasn’t one. Now I can’t find those pics.

|

6/16/2021 8:27 PM

RageingDH wrote:

Photo

Uncle Cliffy wrote:

RageingDH wrote:

It was just a pop up ad. There were 2 different ones. The other one showed the bike better but I didn’t screenshot it. I went ...more

When I clicked on the ad it said error 404. Makes me think something strange is a foot.

|

6/16/2021 8:31 PM

Uncle Cliffy wrote:

RageingDH wrote:

It was just a pop up ad. There were 2 different ones. The other one showed the bike better but I didn’t screenshot it. I went ...more

RageingDH wrote:

When I clicked on the ad it said error 404. Makes me think something strange is a foot.

should be coming out sometime next week

|

6/16/2021 8:42 PM

I wonder if pb will do an article about a spy photo being leaked from their website and then have a test ride the next day.

|

6/16/2021 9:18 PM

RageingDH wrote:

RageingDH wrote:

mitch160 wrote:

should be coming out sometime next week

It’s definitely going to be nice to hear anything new. I’ve had mine on order for literally a year. I’m still hearing the model I ordered will be delayed, but like everything it’s just rumors at this point.

|

6/17/2021 12:58 AM

RageingDH wrote:

I wonder if pb will do an article about a spy photo being leaked from their website and then have a test ride the next day.

They covered it in a podcast: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/the-pinkbike-podcast-episode-51-should-mtb-media-post-spy-shots.html

|

6/17/2021 2:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2021 2:18 AM

|

6/17/2021 5:43 AM

New maxxis sidewall protection? ZK

Photo

|

6/17/2021 6:18 AM

Thirion (and probably Dickson too) is not riding a production bike. Looks like the same prototype bike as 2019. It's clearly visible from the picture posted before.
Also, the ZK tires are heavier duty tires some riders get (40g more if I'm not mistaken).

|

6/17/2021 6:53 AM

|

6/17/2021 9:18 AM

Looks like a modern version of the old Lapierre Dh bikes Bruni and Vergier ran before switching over to Specialized and SC

|

6/17/2021 9:49 AM

bermslapper69 wrote:

Man, them shits is ugly

Philip_Rossetti wrote:

Looks like a modern version of the old Lapierre Dh bikes Bruni and Vergier ran before switching over to Specialized and SC

Yikes, hopefully they ride better than they look!

|

6/17/2021 11:25 AM

Sram testing something new, propably not a dual caliber brake, but two different calibers one some sort of testing rig Photo
Photo

|

6/17/2021 12:27 PM

I'm not sure if this has been covered on here yet, but there was a pretty clear picture of the new Range over on the other site from Leogang showing that it has modular drop outs. Photo

|

6/17/2021 12:51 PM

Photo
|

6/17/2021 12:53 PM

ericbreh wrote: Photo

very orange that's for sure

|

6/17/2021 1:30 PM

juliuskliemmtb wrote:

Sram testing something new, propably not a dual caliber brake, but two different calibers one some sort of testing rig Photo
Photo

abs? ermm

|

6/17/2021 4:45 PM

found this crazy DH stem on FSA site. anyone heard about it? sorry if it's old news
https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/type/stems/stems/mtb/gradient-os35-dh-stem
Photo

|

6/17/2021 4:56 PM

noeserdalt wrote:

New maxxis sidewall protection? ZK

Photo

Interesting, and 2.50 wide too. Current DHR IIs are 2.40.

|

6/17/2021 11:25 PM

sspomer wrote:

found this crazy DH stem on FSA site. anyone heard about it? sorry if it's old news
...more

There was already some pictures of this stem on Gee's bike (Pinkbike article from Apr 13, 2021)
[img]https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/20414731/[/img]

I find the concept quite interesting as well.
Only drawback it's almost 40gr heavier than previous model.
|

6/17/2021 11:47 PM

Formula is looking like they are onto me:
https://bikerumor.com/2021/06/17/prototype-formula-selva-xl-180mm-double-crown-fork-lighter-than-enduro-single-crowns/

I want one if I can lower it to 160mm. Because! Photo

|

6/18/2021 2:01 AM

juliuskliemmtb wrote:

Photo

Can’t know without seeing the other side but I wonder if that line splitter allows opening/closing the line to each caliper rather than running two simultaneously. Seems like a really easy way to test the differences between the systems on the fly, with a quarq sensor on there to add data to whatever the test riders report. Neat.

|

6/18/2021 2:26 AM

That would make a lot of sense, yeah. Though the way the rear one is taped to the frame, it kinda looks to me like it's a pure split...

|

6/18/2021 2:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2021 2:43 AM

baronKanon wrote:

...more

Just token it up if needed.

The ATC will be about the same as with a single crown 160 mm fork, so the geometry will not be affected. If the front wheel hits the downtube and/or if full squish makes the front end too low, add the tokens. If everything clears and is OK, just run it as it is.

EDIT: ah, apparently it's more like 10 mm compared to the single crown Selva. 36, 38, 40, Lyrik, Zeb and Boxxer are closer to 15 to 20 mm difference in travel at the same or similar ATC.

EDIT2: looking at the crown, comparing to the 40 and the Boxxer, it's designed to have less travel for a given ATC, the 40/Boxxer crown is much more flat. So that's where the difference comes from I'd say.

|

6/18/2021 2:33 AM

Primoz wrote:

The ATC will be about the same as with a single crown 160 mm fork, so the geometry will not be ...more

Maybe. Let us see how it will span out, when it will be available etc.

I mostly do more mellow trail riding, but man, the descents are being used. I have only 140mm rear, so I would like a 160mm fork, although tokens are one way to alter the usable travel

|

6/18/2021 3:27 AM

baronKanon wrote:

...more

Primoz wrote:

The ATC will be about the same as with a single crown 160 mm fork, so the geometry will not be ...more

baronKanon wrote:

I mostly do more mellow trail riding, but man, the ...more

You do realise the latest nomad peddles like a tallboy now?

|

6/18/2021 6:06 AM

baronKanon wrote:

...more

finally someone is listening. they are claiming production versions will be sub 5lb... interesting.

given that the current selva air forks have internal travel adjust, there's a high likelihood they'd carry that over for this.

based on the pictures and description, I'm assuming that they are using the existing Selva lowers (also makes sense for manufacturing) which means 20mm axle is going to be an option.

|

6/18/2021 6:54 AM

Primoz wrote:

baronKanon wrote:

I mostly do more mellow trail riding, but man, the ...more

LLLLL wrote:

You do realise the latest nomad peddles like a tallboy now?

It doesn't. It might not bob, but that has nothing to do with overall performance. A heavy bike, even if the antisquat is dialed, is still a heavy bike.

There is no need for a FR bike to pedal badly, so to bob, but it will not be as nippy and agile on technicalities, as a lighter, smaller bike will be. And it will be more of a cow going down as well. The Hightower is more playful than the Megatower, the Megatower, based on what a friend of mine said, is a plow bike and needs to be pushed hard, to become at least a bit lively. Which means you're going really fast.

|