Accessibility Widget: On | Off

MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Create New Tag

6/11/2021 7:36 PM

RiderMikeCheck1 wrote:

I think Troy was running a Dissector out back today. Assuming because it clears better than DHR2 and brakes better than Shorty ...more

Actually looks like he was on Wetscreams front & back in qualifying.

|

6/11/2021 7:43 PM

the cannondale high pivot enduro bike from the naec today
Photo

|

6/11/2021 11:46 PM

Isn't the official release on June 22nd or something?

|

6/12/2021 1:57 AM

Spotted this Prototype in a beer garden in Freiburg, Germany post ride. Specialized? BMC?

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/12/2021 2:42 AM

Possibilities are endless...

Also seems to be sporting some unreleased rubber from Onza.

|

6/12/2021 3:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2021 3:17 AM

shreda wrote:

I'd be inclined to guess it's a Canyon, based on the Acros headset and seat clamp area... And its in Germany

|

6/12/2021 3:21 AM

shreda wrote:

TimBud wrote:

I'd be inclined to guess it's a Canyon, based on the Acros headset and seat clamp area... And its in Germany

maybe new canyon strive.

|

6/12/2021 3:39 AM

shreda wrote:

TimBud wrote:

krabo83 wrote:

maybe new canyon strive.

Bmc…

|

6/12/2021 3:42 AM

fredmeister wrote:

Spotted this Prototype in a beer garden in Freiburg, Germany post ride. Specialized? BMC?

Photo
Photo
Photo

Looks like a cube or something?

|

6/12/2021 7:27 AM

Sonofbovril2 wrote:

Looks like a cube or something?

agreed. cube-ishness to it. here's danny's cube DH bike. seat mast/clamp look similar enough, as does the general link aesthetics.
Photo

|

6/12/2021 10:00 AM

fredmeister wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

It's got the cube seat tube, and the rocker looks like the cube DH bike.

|

2020 Specialized Enduro w/ 38 + X2, XT 12s
2020 V10 29 CC

6/12/2021 10:13 AM

That Cannondale looks great. If they follow the pattern of reusing old names then they might call it the Prophet.

I'm about to go shred on my updated "gen 1".

|

6/12/2021 10:35 AM

fredmeister wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Rocker link definitely looks like a Cube; same suspension layout as well so that's my best guess

|

6/12/2021 11:36 AM

Prophet26 wrote:

That Cannondale looks great. If they follow the pattern of reusing old names then they might call it the Prophet.

I'm about ...more

It’s being called the Jekyll, it’s been in the dealer catalog since early 2021

|

6/12/2021 2:45 PM

RiderMikeCheck1 wrote:

I think Troy was running a Dissector out back today. Assuming because it clears better than DHR2 and brakes better than Shorty ...more

tavaenga wrote:

Actually looks like he was on Wetscreams front & back in qualifying.

In the post race interview I believe he talks about switching to dry tires...

|

6/12/2021 3:11 PM

Proto definitely looks to be a cube. Full 1.5 headtube , longish link and burley seat/chainstay point to 170 or 180 rear travel

|

6/12/2021 5:20 PM

bermslapper69 wrote:

It’s being called the Jekyll, it’s been in the dealer catalog since early 2021

Cool. I like the Jekyll name and it'll keep things easy-ish when I need parts specific to the Prophet.

|

6/12/2021 6:58 PM

Primoz wrote:

Looking at the pic, the carrier arms look to be offset a bit or at least darker on every second one of them too.

Big Bird wrote:

Trippy. Two layers sandwiched together? Instead of one thicker layer?

Yea, that's an interesting illusion. There's that 3rd facet at the rotor edge that makes one side brighter too. Can seem like it's a thicker 2 piece, but it's could also be one piece, with colored arms and a rounded edge.

|

6/13/2021 12:16 AM

Wilson on Magic Marys for finals. Weren't they testing proto Bontragers?
Photo

|

6/13/2021 1:33 AM

Prophet26 wrote:

I'm about ...more

Or they could bring back the RAVEN!!!

|

6/13/2021 1:52 AM

Varaxis wrote:

Yea, that's an interesting illusion. There's that 3rd facet at the rotor edge that makes one side brighter too. Can seem like ...more

They are probably just a large version of Sram's Paceline brake rotors that came out with the new ETAP road group set
https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/rt-pln-a1

|

6/13/2021 2:26 AM

sspomer wrote:

the cannondale high pivot enduro bike from the naec today
Photo

Did you photoshop that vital logo on so that when PB steals it they will get called out?

|

6/13/2021 3:48 AM

fredmeister wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Nice bike, but not BMC's suspension system.

|

6/13/2021 12:40 PM

Big Bird wrote:

Trippy. Two layers sandwiched together? Instead of one thicker layer?

Varaxis wrote:

Yea, that's an interesting illusion. There's that 3rd facet at the rotor edge that makes one side brighter too. Can seem like ...more

JoelLeoj wrote:

They are probably just a large version of Sram's Paceline brake rotors that came out with the new ETAP road group set
...more

This looks very fitting. Are the black arms machined off thinner or just painted? They appear to be thinner?

|

6/13/2021 12:43 PM

Primoz wrote:

This looks very fitting. Are the black arms machined off thinner or just painted? They appear to be thinner?

They are both

|

6/13/2021 1:34 PM

'Machined' and 'just painted'? :D

I'm guessing machined and painted, so not 'just painted', which is the way I meant to ask if the contrast is there just from the paint, with not thickness difference.

|

6/14/2021 6:27 AM

Prophet26 wrote:

I'm about ...more

astrizzle wrote:

Or they could bring back the RAVEN!!!

Considering how burly it will be it should have been named Perp if they wanted to bring back an old name.

|

6/14/2021 12:31 PM

DVO are testing a new fork and shocks

Photo
Photo

|

6/14/2021 12:57 PM

Jrp wrote:

DVO are testing a new fork and shocks

Photo
Photo

Hashtag on that post included #onycxc.

Hmm.

|

6/14/2021 3:15 PM

Matt Jones latest video of the Madeira Enduro has a segment with his brother Jono chasing Clementz on one of the new Cannondale HP bikes. You can’t see much, and, of course Jerome is a masterful bike handler so he makes it look super good. Here’s a screen grab, nothing we haven’t seen before. Also, Jerome is getting a bit chubby , nice to see that he is human after all 😂. Photo

|