Accessibility Widget: On | Off

MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Create New Tag

6/1/2021 8:22 AM

Zeb Blackbox with the new damper that has been seen on the boxxer and a new air top cap Photo
Photo

|

6/1/2021 8:41 AM

New damper and air spring already?

|

6/1/2021 9:27 AM

same thing? Photo

|

6/1/2021 9:59 AM

sspomer wrote:

same thing? Photo

Where is this from?

|

6/1/2021 10:21 AM

mitch160 wrote:

Where is this from?

a recent video on youtube by someone that lives in colorado springs. he camps out here sometimes

|

6/1/2021 11:05 AM

Any chance it's a preload dial for a coil?

|

6/1/2021 11:22 AM

Air cap on my zeb is not like that

Photo

|

6/1/2021 3:08 PM

sspomer wrote:

a recent video on youtube by someone that lives in colorado springs. he camps out here sometimes

now we can't watch that sweet mach 10 gopro footy sad

|

6/1/2021 6:21 PM

Coil!

|

6/1/2021 6:43 PM

New GT DH bike seems to be the same frame as the prototype enduro Wyn has been riding lately, Im sure this is what Norco are also going to do have a DH frame that crosses over into the enduro

Photo

Photo

|

6/1/2021 8:28 PM

Unfortunate to see GT bringing the top tube way down, but still keeping the seat tube length longer than the reach.

New transition aluminum bikes are really exciting to look at. I hope there’s an aluminum Scout 150 coming soon that is basically a modern update of the V1 Patrol.

|

6/1/2021 10:51 PM

qblambda wrote:

That's a Gambler rear end. Not really a 'proto' thing, just a geo to suit him on a single crown keeping the good business from ...more

@qlambda is right. I had Nico Masse from Egerie Velo Moto make me that front triangle with a steep seat angle and the geo I wanted to try. It is just for fun and nothing to do with prototypes and Scott. I just wanted to play with mixing steel and carbon. Passion project to satisfy my curiosity and that’s all.

|

6/2/2021 2:14 AM

sspomer wrote:

😂😂 I don’t think anyone picked up on that

|

6/2/2021 2:36 AM

brash wrote:

just browsing the pivot website, looking through their suspension guide I think they let the cat out of the bag for the ...more

I saw Matt Walker and Eddie Masters on new Enduro bikes at Schladming. They were covered up like Angel's Commencal when I saw them tho. For sure that bike you talked about

|

6/2/2021 4:23 AM

brash wrote:

just browsing the pivot website, looking through their suspension guide I think they let the cat out of the bag for the ...more

Nico_Ofner wrote:

I saw Matt Walker and Eddie Masters on new Enduro bikes at Schladming. They were covered up like Angel's Commencal when I saw ...more

do you remeber if there were in 27.5 or 29"?

|

6/2/2021 4:27 AM

brash wrote:

Nico_Ofner wrote:

I saw Matt Walker and Eddie Masters on new Enduro bikes at Schladming. They were covered up like Angel's Commencal when I saw ...more

dom wrote:

do you remeber if there were in 27.5 or 29"?

I couldn't tell for sure, but I think 29 is more likely.
Only saw them for a few seconds, only thing I remember is a bright orange frame, sadly can't give any more info.

|

6/2/2021 4:29 AM

mossboss wrote:

Don't think so. At least the new Boxxer is air sprung so I don't think the Zeb is coil.

|

6/2/2021 4:35 AM

Nico_Ofner wrote:

Don't think so. At least the new Boxxer is air sprung so I don't think the Zeb is coil.

Blackbox means unreleased shit. Meaning they may as well try something new (like coil)

|

6/2/2021 6:37 AM

SupremeShreder42 wrote:

Better look on the Supreme Proto. Def. an other bike than the one in the story. just look at the overall shape and the non ...more

hitar_potar wrote:

Looks like a horst-link! Would be cool to change it to a high-pivot horst-link. Would be strange to change it only to ...more

Knowing Commencal and their attachment to high-pivot it looks more like a high-pivot on which the seatstays are the swingarms, and the chainstays are the link to connect to the rocker. Something that was used on GT RTS, Sunn Radical(s), Zerode DH and many more. It seems more in-line with their current suspension philosophy that gave them many victories in the recent years. I imagine that such shift in design would allow them to reduce the frame weight a little bit since you are using the chainstays instead of a linkage, potentially also making it more compact and lower down in the frame.

|

6/2/2021 7:13 AM

mossboss wrote:

Nico_Ofner wrote:

baronKanon wrote:

Blackbox means unreleased shit. Meaning they may as well try something new (like coil)

"new (like coil)" lol

|

6/2/2021 7:53 AM

komyewest wrote:

"new (like coil)" lol

As long as it's better than the current spring...

|

6/2/2021 12:40 PM

Seriously you guys??

You better hope NSMB doesn't find out about this thread!!

|

6/2/2021 1:58 PM

mitch160 wrote:

Where is this from?

sspomer wrote:

TheSuspensionLabNZ wrote:

I don’t think anyone picked up on that

Dave's not here, man

|

6/2/2021 3:01 PM

brash wrote:

Nico_Ofner wrote:

yep, go back 2 or 3 pages mate. You werent tripping out, there is videos of a pivot with a nice warm blanket keeping the shock oil warm.

|

6/2/2021 4:53 PM

Poleczechy wrote:

Dave's not here, man

We are dating ourselves and I am totally OK with that tongue

(I wonder if my kids would even watch that or if it's too dated...)

Sorry for the derail, back to bike nerding!

|

6/2/2021 9:32 PM

Something something Insurgent.........

|

6/2/2021 11:02 PM

its fun to read these and see the guesses. some of them are pretty close

|

6/2/2021 11:16 PM

baronKanon wrote:

komyewest wrote:

"new (like coil)" lol

noeserdalt wrote:

As long as it's better than the current spring...

something like the old B1 spring but has full extension of travel should be what they are testing/producing otherwise thats a bit crap.

|

6/3/2021 5:10 PM

if any of these are not new, i apologize. i bow down to you all for your nerding wisdom tongue

i pulled a few screencaps from our not-a-race raw so you all can check out the bikes.

loic and finn on a special link but no high pivot or idler that could be seen.
greg's bike w/o the rear extension
is that devinci unique?
greg williamson's commencal - is that linkage down low normal? is that what angel's been keeping covered?
wyn's DH bike w/ that front triangle

mondrakers seemed pretty normal, so did the cubes and treks. if you see something in the vid, holler and i can get the source frame grab.
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/3/2021 6:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2021 6:04 PM

sspomer wrote:

if any of these are not new, i apologize. i bow down to you all for your nerding wisdom tongue

i pulled a few screencaps from our ...more

The Commencal looks like a regular Supreme with custom links (the one under wraps uses the chainstays as part of the linkage, unlike the current Supreme); same with the Demo. As for the Devinci, it looks like a stock 2021 Wilson to me but I'm not positive. One of the Sessions in the video looked like it was running the Blackbox suspension front and rear, but I doubt any screencaps of the shock would be better than these.

|