Accessibility Widget: On | Off

MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Create New Tag

5/4/2021 2:52 AM

lewzz10 wrote:

Thoughts on Sram also introducing 170mm rotors then? Whole new (+10mm) adapter needed there.

That was just stupid, and nobody jumped on that bandwagon

|

5/4/2021 4:23 AM

C-LION wrote:

Is this the current Capra or a new version?

Photo

TheShortestCharles wrote:

The shock looks like it's placed high enough to fit a water bottle (finally)

Philip_Rossetti wrote:

Not to me it doesn’t, the front eyelet still mounts to the down tube so I’m not sure it will fit a water bottle maybe they can ...more

I saw a couple of the new capras yesterday when they were holding a press camp at our local trails. The new capra looks pretty similiar to the old ones. I still has the connection between the downtube and seattube beneath the shock like the previouse model. But asymetrical (just on the drivetrain side) so there is space for a waterbottle. I am not quite sure about this but the bottles even seemed full sized.
The coulour was super similar to the yeti turquoise.

|

5/4/2021 4:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2021 6:33 AM

RE: baronKanon and "That was just stupid, and nobody jumped on that bandwagon"

Luckily as I can save some of my face this way, otherwise I'd be screwed 😂

Yeah, don't really see the point in it. True, you need a new adapter, but at least it is a whole distinct rotor size, 200 and 203 are sooooo close it's stupid not to consolidate them into one, even more so when 185 died out for the universal acceptance of the 180 size. And that's my gripe, shimano sells separate 20 and 23 mm adapters if I'm not mistaken, at least just add some spacers and consolidate the two into one part?

|

5/4/2021 6:25 AM

Primoz wrote:

RE: baronKanon and "That was just stupid, and nobody jumped on that bandwagon"

Luckily as I can save some of my face this ...more

Yes to the spacer thing. Just do some 1.5mm wahers in each 20mm package. The 23mm ones are like finding palm trees in antarctica some times and it's frustrating as hell to have two different skus. Especially right now. I shouldn't have to do washer runs to home depot just to put 203 rotors on a bike because the 203 adapters are sold out forever.

|

5/4/2021 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2021 6:40 AM

I know 1,5 mm washers (well, technically it's not 1,5 mm, as the bolt axis is offset and not radial, so it's probably more like 1 mm in the end) are the solution, but that's my point, why not make a +20 mm adapter and throw in the two washers, that literally cost peanuts and have one SKU covering the +20 and +23 mm variants? Or be done with the 203 mm rotor, go to 200 and not have any of these issues, which is my original point.

EDIT: I see I wrote spacers in the previous post, I meant washers, but I was typing it out on my phone while actually pretending to do some work smile

|

5/4/2021 7:26 AM

Leomax wrote:

I saw a couple of the new capras yesterday when they were holding a press camp at our local trails. The new capra looks pretty ...more

Just one question, is seat angle steeper?

|

5/4/2021 8:15 AM

Philip_Rossetti wrote:

Not to me it doesn’t, the front eyelet still mounts to the down tube so I’m not sure it will fit a water bottle maybe they can ...more

Leomax wrote:

I saw a couple of the new capras yesterday when they were holding a press camp at our local trails. The new capra looks pretty ...more

noeserdalt wrote:

I always ride with a protractor, a level and a folding meter-stick so when I see proto bikes on the trail i can run up and measure the seat angle. Makes it easier to go complain in the pinkbike comments before everyone else does.

|

5/4/2021 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2021 11:13 AM

bermslapper69 wrote:

I always ride with a protractor, a level and a folding meter-stick so when I see proto bikes on the trail i can run up and ...more

I don't want any measurements. Capra has a very slack actual sta and i'm sure with just one look you can understand the change if its changed. He had a good look on the new ones as far as i can tell smile

Photo

|

5/4/2021 11:07 AM

sspomer wrote: Photo
Photo

mitch on high-pivot cannondale in Missouri. he was DNF, wonder if it was from chain derail? from our vital raw - ...more

chain appears to be completely off the chain ring. hopefully there's mounting holes for a chain guide.

|

5/5/2021 1:22 AM

Philip_Rossetti wrote:

Leomax wrote:

noeserdalt wrote:

I have no idea :D. But since the Izzo has a relatively steep seattube angle for a short travel bike I would assume the capra will have a much steeper seattube anlge than the previouse version.

|

5/5/2021 3:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2021 6:56 AM

Leomax wrote:

noeserdalt wrote:

Leomax wrote:

I have no idea :D. But since the Izzo has a relatively steep seattube angle for a short travel bike I would assume the capra ...more

I reckon that the updated version will come with a steeper seat tube angle, a slacker head tube angle and a longer reach + place for a water bottle as already discussed. Curious to see if they stick to the two wheel size options or if they will also offer a version with mixed wheel sizes.

They will most likely also release them as core models (similar to the Jeffsy).

Bit surprised to see that they still do not offer the TUES with mixed wheel sizes.

|

5/5/2021 6:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2021 6:32 AM

Leomax wrote:

I have no idea :D. But since the Izzo has a relatively steep seattube angle for a short travel bike I would assume the capra ...more

I hope so, my friend is on a xxl and he is 203cm. He rides if not behind top of the rear wheel it would be a good upgrade

|

5/5/2021 9:44 AM

noeserdalt wrote:

Leomax wrote:

C-LION wrote:

I reckon that the updated version will come with a steeper seat tube angle, a slacker head tube angle and a longer reach + ...more

Hoping they do a mullet... I have a 27.5 Jeffsy, great bike, but a mullet Capra with 63.5-64 HTA (with short offset fork/40mm stem), steeper STA and water bottle would be great.

|

5/5/2021 10:29 AM

Photo

Wyn isn’t even trying to hide that prototype gt anymore. Release coming soon?
|

5/5/2021 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2021 1:46 PM

noeserdalt wrote:

I hope so, my friend is on a xxl and he is 203cm. He rides if not behind top of the rear wheel it would be a good upgrade

Very few bikes are designed in such a way to be OK for 190+ cm riders.

I actually rode the current XXL Capra (might have even been an XL actually) and compared to my ride, it's horrible for pedalling up a hill.

|

5/5/2021 2:15 PM

More foorage of Wyn's GT proto:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Wyn Masters (@wynmasters)

|

5/5/2021 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2021 9:09 AM

Photo
Photo

2021 Shimano saint details
|

5/5/2021 10:20 PM

gordo58 wrote: Photo
Photo

I got this since years 🤣

|

5/5/2021 11:09 PM

gordo58 wrote: Photo
Photo

sweet they changed nothing?

|

5/5/2021 11:10 PM

dolface wrote:

More foorage of Wyn's GT proto:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Wyn Masters ...more

Isn't this just a normal Force? Doesn't seem it has any high pivot or idler present. And the seat tube is sky high as normal for GT last years

|

5/6/2021 1:52 AM

Sean_Hornchek wrote:

sweet they changed nothing?

There is no new Saint group (yet).

M820 is the good ol' Saint.

|

5/6/2021 3:40 AM

baronKanon wrote:

Isn't this just a normal Force? Doesn't seem it has any high pivot or idler present. And the seat tube is sky high as normal ...more

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNnvrczB0NW/

Same colour, same link, etc., and you can see here that the idler height is not that extreme compared to the top of the chainring, while you can see in the wheelie video that the chain is relatively far up from the chainstay, which isn't that usual on modern bikes - chains are usually much closer on idlerless bikes. The same could be true on an idler equipped bike, but the GT has a relatively low chainstay position compared to the idler.

|

5/6/2021 10:13 AM

Looking at the thumbnail of wyn wheelie-ing on the new bike, it looks like it might have adjustable chainstay length. It'd be sweet if they make the bike 29 and mullet compatible like the fury.

|

5/8/2021 5:07 AM

Anyone seen that wild teaser pic of a YT Tues Boost (possible e-Tues)? Anyone heard rumors or some inside info? smile

|

5/8/2021 12:04 PM

bermslapper69 wrote:

Looking at the thumbnail of wyn wheelie-ing on the new bike, it looks like it might have adjustable chainstay length. It'd be ...more

The rocker looks a lot like the current Fury and the back end arrangement too. Not a bad thing I liked my Fury 2019 so a smaller, pedalable version might be nice.

|

5/8/2021 11:28 PM

What are we thinking on the next Spesh Enduro? Should be up for a tweak by now!

|

5/9/2021 1:12 AM

tombola33 wrote:

What are we thinking on the next Spesh Enduro? Should be up for a tweak by now!

It’s not even been out for 2 years yet and it currently pretty much up to date so no change for another 18 months - 2 years

|

5/9/2021 1:29 AM

Except for all the cracking smile

|

5/9/2021 1:47 AM

no spy shots of new Capra?

|

5/9/2021 2:13 AM

Primoz wrote:

Except for all the cracking smile

The Enduro or the Capra?

|