Accessibility Widget: On | Off

MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Create New Tag

4/28/2021 12:47 PM

Martin_Prophet wrote:

Summum Carbon Photo

1. Those seatstays look like from an xc bike
2. Why is the chain so short that the derailleur has to make such pull

|

4/28/2021 2:11 PM

Tarhic wrote:

Totally off the topic above, but any inside about a new Bronson this year ? We had the new Nomad last year, the bronson should ...more

Rev up the Mullet.

|

4/28/2021 11:35 PM

Are those e.13 wheels? Can't remember but think they were on something different last season.

|

4/28/2021 11:45 PM

nollak wrote:

Are those e.13 wheels? Can't remember but think they were on something different last season.

They were on e13 wheels last year (just looked up a Laurie Greenland world champs interview)..

Agree WTF on the chain length.

|

4/29/2021 1:12 AM

Photo
Photo

2 New 100% Helmets, The Altis (Jet) and the Aircraft 2 (light Aircraft, like the Trajecta)
|

4/29/2021 5:16 AM

grambo wrote:

They were on e13 wheels last year (just looked up a Laurie Greenland world champs interview)..

Agree WTF on the chain length. ...more

Weren't they also on Maxxis for a year or two? It looks like they've gone back to Michelin.

|

4/29/2021 5:18 AM

grambo wrote:

They were on e13 wheels last year (just looked up a Laurie Greenland world champs interview)..

Agree WTF on the chain length. ...more

It looks like they're back on Michelin. I remember they had switched to Maxxis for a year or two.

|

4/29/2021 5:38 AM

Primoz wrote:

For a new Saint group?

jonkranked wrote:

i was speculating last week with a buddy that when shimano eventually launches new saint it will include 220mm rotors.

this ...more

No 220mm ice-tech rotor? Not even just a floating one? That’s kinda strange! Weren’t Shimano, upon releasing the Ice Tech, explaining how each size ice tech rotor is effective and as good as the next bigger size non-ice tech one?

|

4/29/2021 5:55 AM

nollak wrote:

Are those e.13 wheels? Can't remember but think they were on something different last season.

grambo wrote:

They were on e13 wheels last year (just looked up a Laurie Greenland world champs interview)..

Agree WTF on the chain length. ...more

trpfanboy wrote:

Weren't they also on Maxxis for a year or two? It looks like they've gone back to Michelin.

Think they switched to Maxxis last Season if I remember correctly.

|

4/29/2021 9:28 AM

nollak wrote:

Think they switched to Maxxis last Season if I remember correctly.

No, they have been on Michelin since 2019.

|

4/29/2021 9:30 AM

juliuskliemmtb wrote:

1. Those seatstays look like from an xc bike
2. Why is the chain so short that the derailleur has to make such pull

It looks to me like a single speed set up on that bike. The derailleur looking thing is just a chain tensioner to handle chain growth through the travel.

|

4/29/2021 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2021 9:48 AM

Nah, just the chain on the biggest cog on what appears to be ~5 cogs in total. And maybe they don't have that much CS growth through the travel? The derailleur caaaaaaan take up some more 'slack'. Plus it's taught like this in order to improve the tension in the chain. Shifting performance isn't as crucial in DH as it is in XC and the like I guess... I mean the chain looks to be somewhat far away from the cassette, but on the other hand a taught cage doesn't influence the cassette distance as much on a classic derailleur.

|

4/29/2021 11:14 AM

There is nothing weird about the chain length, it´s DH bike sagged deep into travel ( he is sitting upright on the saddle and the bike is pointing up hill, doh) in the easiest gear he only uses when getting out of the starting gate. And yes, summum doesn´t have a lot of chain growth.

|

4/30/2021 12:58 PM

Primoz wrote:

For a new Saint group?

jonkranked wrote:

i was speculating last week with a buddy that when shimano eventually launches new saint it will include 220mm rotors.

this ...more

hitar_potar wrote:

No 220mm ice-tech rotor? Not even just a floating one? That’s kinda strange! Weren’t Shimano, upon releasing the Ice Tech, ...more

i would assume a higher tiered rotor like ice tech (or a floating one) would be saved for the new saint launch (whenever that may be). the ones they have launched were alongside some other cargo and ebike components, so I'm not surprised they are not the higher tiered versions. that does strike me as a little odd - and backwards - as usually shimano takes a top down approach and launches the high end version first, then the tech will filter down to lower tiers.

|

5/1/2021 9:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2021 9:42 AM

Is this the current Capra or a new version? 🧐

Photo

|

5/1/2021 10:15 AM

C-LION wrote:

Is this the current Capra or a new version?

Photo

Looks to be new capra. Using a shock yoke

|

5/1/2021 6:49 PM

Blackbox stanchtions seen on rockshox post

Photo

|

5/1/2021 11:15 PM

An updated fork an shock are coming, we've seen it in this thread before. The shock has been seen in some more detail (a Super Deluxe with high and low speed compression settings), not much is known about the fork though.

|

5/2/2021 12:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2021 12:50 AM

Primoz wrote:

An updated fork an shock are coming, we've seen it in this thread before. The shock has been seen in some more detail (a Super ...more

I’ve run a search o a few online shops and it seems all rockshox dampers all out of stock… waiting for the new 2022 line i see…

|

5/2/2021 7:01 PM

C-LION wrote:

Is this the current Capra or a new version?

Photo

The shock looks like it's placed high enough to fit a water bottle (finally)

|

5/3/2021 12:12 AM

TheShortestCharles wrote:

The shock looks like it's placed high enough to fit a water bottle (finally)

Not to me it doesn’t, the front eyelet still mounts to the down tube so I’m not sure it will fit a water bottle😬 maybe they can fit their dumb proprietary bottles like the Jeffsy but let’s see.

|

5/3/2021 12:22 AM

Primoz wrote:

"To be faaaaiiiiirrrrrrr", Sram said FU to the 160, 185, 203 rotor stack which makes no sense and went for the (140), 160, ...more

As a percentage 185-203 is much closer to 27.5-29 than 180-200

|

5/3/2021 4:07 AM

But you use larger rotors to gain power, not to move from wheel size to wheel size. I stayed at 200 mm in the front moving to a 29er. Plus the small percentage difference is not even close enough to a worthy gain compared to standardised mounts if you ask me.

As for the shock and bottle of the unknown bike, mounting to the top tube means the piggyback needs to be under the main body of the shock, which again loses space. Look at my bike check to see a case of that, only the 450 ml fidlock bottle fits into my frame without modifications.

|

5/3/2021 5:06 AM

TheShortestCharles wrote:

The shock looks like it's placed high enough to fit a water bottle (finally)

It looks like a copied salsa blackthorn

|

5/3/2021 10:33 AM

Martin_Prophet wrote:

Summum Carbon Photo

juliuskliemmtb wrote:

1. Those seatstays look like from an xc bike
2. Why is the chain so short that the derailleur has to make such pull

Big Bird wrote:

It looks to me like a single speed set up on that bike. The derailleur looking thing is just a chain tensioner to handle chain ...more

You can see a 7 speed cassette.

|

5/3/2021 12:00 PM

Photo
Photo

mitch on high-pivot cannondale in Missouri. he was DNF, wonder if it was from chain derail? from our vital raw - https://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Vital-RAW-Big-Mountain-Enduro-MISSOURI,38868/sspomer,2
|

5/3/2021 12:03 PM

With a much smaller ring wrap angle derailing could be an issue for high pivot bikes due to derailing from the bottom, not the top...

|

5/3/2021 3:21 PM

mwolpin wrote:

You can see a 7 speed cassette.

Yeah, I've zoomed in and figured that out by now. Thanks.

|

5/3/2021 4:09 PM

Few things more frustrating than a DNF from a mechanical.

|

5/4/2021 2:36 AM

Primoz wrote:

"To be faaaaiiiiirrrrrrr", Sram said FU to the 160, 185, 203 rotor stack which makes no sense and went for the (140), 160, ...more

Thoughts on Sram also introducing 170mm rotors then? Whole new (+10mm) adapter needed there.

|