2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

9/5/2018 1:38 AM

grinch wrote:

I don’t know. It just struck me when he started with “talk business” then seemed to catch himself and say “I’m a big fan” and “I’m a fan of what he’s doing for training”( I’m paraphrasing a bit). The kids English isn’t great and there’s a commencal party going on. Seems like an odd couple apart from “business”

Aksel_Lfft wrote:

Unless I am mistaken, Daprela is a 1st year junior. All in all, it would be great for him to have a mentor like Gwin. Also, if he's nice enough, he could get a lap in the Maclaren too

Euskafreez wrote:

Bru, that Daprela boy already has a mentor and a godfather and his name is Vouilloz, Nicolas Vouilloz. First year junior already smokin' fast. That young cunt holds the fastest time on the Peille's DH Track.

Fair to say he could be one if not the best prospect for the YT mob. Quite a few friends living near Daprela warned me about this kid years ago. He is one of the best BMX racer of his age class in both France and Europe, and oh boi what he manages to do on a DH rig!

I could be wrong but I think he is the next big thing in DH. Like Vouilloz he has some unique moves that make him real fast on a bike.

Yeah that's true. Ok Ok, it would be more for the Maclaren lap hahaha
The YT mob would make a great move that's for sure!

|

9/5/2018 5:41 AM

I have heard that daprela signed one of the biggest contract ever in dh racing with commençal as they feel he is the next big thing in the sport.
So no move for him this year I think.

|

9/5/2018 7:00 AM

ChOu177 wrote:

I have heard that daprela signed one of the biggest contract ever in dh racing with commençal as they feel he is the next big thing in the sport.
So no move for him this year I think.

That could be true bra and that Commencal bike is a proven winner so ... any idea if it was a long term contract ?

I hope were are not expecting too much from the kid, but he was flying under the radar in the last years. Not from the lads living and riding around Nice I know, but for the vast majority of us he was a nobody until now. I guess Finn Iles received most of the attention and now we are discovering another crazy fast junior.

The few facebook videos I've seen from Daprela riding around Peilles were mind blowing. I mean he was only 13-15yo doing lines many pros can't even dream of. And you could see the Master -Vouilloz- in his surgical precision. I always liked riders with an effortless style, Sam was always a favorite to watch but that Vouilloz guy back in the day when he was on it was from another planet!

|

9/5/2018 1:16 PM

Erm, this year we decided to document the Worlds in English. I don't know if posting the link here is a problem, but you should find some nice pictures inside and we are not competitors of VitalMTB, but rather fans and our site is local and small. If I offended anyone by posting here, I apologize in advance!

https://www.dirtbike.ro/mag/lenzerheide-mtb-worlds-2018-walking-on-sunshine-for-now

Going to sleep now,
Mx

|

9/5/2018 2:23 PM

So Gwins new team have a bike that is like a session but not a session.

|

9/6/2018 8:07 PM

Gwin to Giant

|

9/7/2018 4:36 AM

stringbean wrote:

Gwin to Giant

They have the money, but what about DVO ? Gwin is going to be Fox for life! Giant are due a new bike as the new glory isn't new at all been the same for almost 3 years.

|

9/7/2018 4:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2018 4:46 AM

Gwin to a bike that looks like a session, is the MOB property of YT?

So for example if he left the YT and the mob and went to GT. Would it be Gwin, Martin and a new rider? Or would Angel and crew move too?

|

9/7/2018 9:07 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Martin is the Team owner and he approached YT to be the frame supplier. I see it similar to the MS team, how it was MS - intense, MS- Evil, MS - Mondraker etc.

|

9/7/2018 10:00 AM

stringbean wrote:

Gwin to Giant

Nope.

|

9/7/2018 1:56 PM

stringbean wrote:

Gwin to Giant

Dickscruttock wrote:

Nope.

prove it!

|

9/7/2018 3:11 PM

stringbean wrote:

Gwin to Giant

Dickscruttock wrote:

Nope.

stringbean wrote:

prove it!

He is off to a manufacturer that is splitting from the group that used to run its race team.....

|

9/7/2018 3:26 PM

|

9/7/2018 11:53 PM

stringbean wrote:

Gwin to Giant

peecee wrote:

They have the money, but what about DVO ? Gwin is going to be Fox for life! Giant are due a new bike as the new glory isn't new at all been the same for almost 3 years.

Didn’t we all think Gwin would be TLD for life at one point too?

|

9/8/2018 1:47 AM

he has been with fox from when he started , tld was not like that

|

9/8/2018 4:05 AM

Scott Factory Mob....??

|

9/8/2018 7:22 AM

huhu
news of the worlds.
athertons on the way to scott.

|

9/8/2018 11:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2018 11:32 AM

the trek mob is the only constellation that would make sense to me if the gwin on trek rumours are true.

|

9/9/2018 6:04 AM

Ben Cathro to Redbull ?

|

9/9/2018 8:55 AM

dirk—diggler wrote:

huhu
news of the worlds.

Makes me wonder if there will be any riders from Atherton Racing who will stay with Trek.

Some of you probably remember that Maes chose to remain with GT when the Athertons moved several years ago.

|

9/9/2018 9:25 AM

gwin and danny interviews in world champs results post have some interesting tidbits
https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/RESULTS-2018-MTB-WORLD-CHAMPIONSHIPS-DOWNHILL,1200

- gwin sure doesn't talk like he's going anywhere else...the way it just rolls off tongue that he's wanting more time on new bike etc.
- danny going to whistler to test 29er again

|

9/9/2018 10:37 AM

dirk—diggler wrote:

huhu
news of the worlds.

Verbl Kint wrote:

Makes me wonder if there will be any riders from Atherton Racing who will stay with Trek.

Some of you probably remember that Maes chose to remain with GT when the Athertons moved several years ago.

The way the Atherton’s run their team though, did Maes choose to stay with GT, or was he left there by the Athertons?

|

9/9/2018 11:01 AM

dirk—diggler wrote:

huhu
news of the worlds.

Verbl Kint wrote:

pimpin gimp wrote:

The way the Atherton’s run their team though, did Maes choose to stay with GT, or was he left there by the Athertons?

one of the "keys" is the link (or bond) between Maes and Mark Maurissen

|

9/9/2018 3:16 PM

Did anyone else notice that Gee’s t-shirt said Atherton Racing and nothing about Trek?

|

9/9/2018 6:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2018 6:58 PM

JerseyMojo wrote:

Did anyone else notice that Gee’s t-shirt said Atherton Racing and nothing about Trek?

Miranda Miller was also wearing a Sram "Range to Realize" shirt...could mean something, could mean nothing

|

2017 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR expert 29er
2015 Specialized Camber Comp Custom Build

9/9/2018 11:19 PM

JerseyMojo wrote:

this plus i was wondering why rachel didn‘t get a special worlds bike.

|

9/9/2018 11:22 PM

JerseyMojo wrote:

krabo83 wrote:

Kade Edwards got one.

But didn't Rachel recently get a new frame?

|

9/9/2018 11:34 PM

JerseyMojo wrote:

krabo83 wrote:

baronKanon wrote:

Kade Edwards got one.

But didn't Rachel recently get a new frame?

I noticed the frame too, I bet she'll have a world champs frame next year

|

9/10/2018 12:30 AM

dirk—diggler wrote:

huhu
news of the worlds.

I remember that the contract was signed for 3 years with one more year if both parts agree.

|

9/10/2018 3:38 AM

Gee post about champs, not trek tag. Norco first comment????

|