2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

8/25/2018 11:34 PM

dirk—diggler wrote:

here are a few new infos straight from la bresse:

-gwin will leave the yt mob, whitley will continue with angel, nekko and maybe valli. sram will get part of the team!
-gwin on his way to trek factory joined by reece willson
-athertons will have a ride with marin
-scott is setting up an own real factory team w/o velo solution
-no changes at the syndicate for the next 2 years
-100 percent will kick out ixs at commencal/vallnord team
-radon will stop their dh team
-specialized will split up with pure an go factory direct

Source, please?

|

8/26/2018 1:08 AM

dirk—diggler wrote:

-gwin will leave the yt mob, whitley will continue with angel, nekko and maybe valli. sram will get part of the team!

I thought Gwin seemed like a good fit with YT and the management/organization of the team seems to support him well. Could see Greenland end up on YT if the team still existed if Gwin left.
Interesting if he does go to Trek, Reece would make sense if Trek do start up a team again.
Marin would be a huge move for the Atherton's, given a quality bike...but stranger things have happened.
Scott probably do want results. Brendog is a beast so stylish and skillful, but it is that final bit to push him to get results like he use to show.
Thought Vergier and Shaw were on two year deals when they signed? Can't see them leaving though.
100% makes sense.
Radon yes
Specialized yes can see if as Factory Racing again would be interesting on riders contracts though. Pure Agency have done well when they have run teams

|

8/26/2018 1:19 AM

dirk—diggler wrote:

That's a whole lotta shakeup right thurr... it definitely can't all be correct.

|

8/26/2018 4:47 PM

New bottle replacement
🤔🤔🤔

|

8/27/2018 2:09 AM

Vergier said on the La Bresse Wyn Tv that he wouldn’t be making a change for 2019. Could be bluffing, but it’s something!

|

8/27/2018 8:20 AM

Euan_Mackenzie wrote:

Vergier said on the La Bresse Wyn Tv that he wouldn’t be making a change for 2019. Could be bluffing, but it’s something!

unless he has some internal struggle with the team (I.e. zink and voreis esq) i couldn't imagine him switching with his best results and best overall. (unless someone makes him a lead team rider and the $$$$$$)

|

8/27/2018 11:34 AM

Euan_Mackenzie wrote:

It was a little weird that Wyn "randomly" brought that up, and with some assurance in his voice at that.

|

8/27/2018 12:40 PM

GT Atherton fareweel from November 2015... at about the same time Gwin went to YT... Bruni, Finn, and Graves went to Specialized... Big changes for Trek, the big S, and YT for 2018???

|

8/27/2018 1:44 PM

Legit moves from legit sources.

-Reece Wilson and Charlie Harrison to Trek.
-Gwin is on the hunt for more money.
-Frixtalon to Commencal/100% or sram/commencal privateer deal
-Athertons to Cube or Marin.
-Scott off Velosolutions

|

8/27/2018 1:50 PM

GT Bicycles + Green Tortoise + G.T. Living Foods = ???

Green Tortoise eco-adventure tour bus company is rumored to be be joining forces with GT bicycles and G.T. Foods to launch the first ever eco-friendly "Green Trifecta" WC Factory team for 2019. Wyn Masters will stay on-board as team manager and wheelie coach, while Sam Dale will return to GT to drive the team bus and head up security. Leading the racing charge will be none other than former WC champion Josh Bryceland! "Ratboy" will be making his triumphant return to racing aboard custom Fury 29'er frame, hand-crafted entirely from sustainably harvested, kiln-hardened bamboo. The team bus will run on 100% biofuel and provide free solar electricity, purified water, and G.T.'s kombucha on tap in the pits for all WC riders.

|

8/28/2018 9:26 AM

did eddie masters find aaron gwin's secret suspension playbook?

|

8/28/2018 10:03 AM

Is Eddie the new enduro guy for YT maybe? mmmmm

|

8/28/2018 11:16 AM

Where do you get this stuff? just making up whatever you want in your head?

They just built him a 29er Tues. Gwin's not leaving YT anytime soon.

P"

|

8/28/2018 11:21 AM

paulantonyio wrote:

Legit moves from legit sources.

-Reece Wilson and Charlie Harrison to Trek.
-Gwin is on the hunt for more money.
-Frixtalon to Commencal/100% or sram/commencal privateer deal
-Athertons to Cube or Marin.
-Scott off Velosolutions

more $?

i mean kudos to him if he can get it, but damn dude needs another mclaren?

he's the nigel sylvester of dh.

|

8/28/2018 1:07 PM

Gwin to the real Young Talent –> Strider.

|

8/28/2018 3:13 PM

mp wrote:

Gwin to the real Young Talent –> Strider.

Haha! Yes! Be really cool to see whatever custom bike Gwin wants/needs painted up with 'Factory Strider' similar to the way other bike companies 'painted' up Intense frames 20 years ago.

|

8/28/2018 3:37 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

Is Eddie the new enduro guy for YT maybe? mmmmm

"New" enduro guy, do they already have one to replace? Will the new bike last long enough to see out a whole race?

|

8/29/2018 1:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 7:49 AM

Hey Peeps, here are my predictions:

Athertons: Leaving Treck on to either Merida or Cannondale. This is not decided yet but both options will build according DH bikes for them. Rachel and Gee, both continue racing.

Gwin: Tried at Scott for 1.5 Million $ but failed. Scott is not willing to pay so much. Still gwin will leave YT, either to Trek or something other. The Trek roumor was strong over the last few worldcups.

Scott: Will move their factory efforts to VoulVoul-Racing for much less then 1.5 million $.

SC-Sydicate: Stays the same

Giant: Don't know (Gwin maybe?)

|

8/29/2018 4:17 AM

Didn't Gwin build the team and bring on YT? I would be fairly surprised if he leaves

|

8/29/2018 4:52 AM

Today,
AG testing with FOX and "bro" Greg Minnaar
Also gwin using FOX for many years, so Giant with DVO deal ??
In my opinion if AG leaves YT, only to team with FOX on board.....

|

8/29/2018 5:40 AM

Favourite time of the year! (Nothing concrete just ideas)

1. Didn't Gwin and Martin both start the Mob together (YT are just a frame sponsor? ) If anything the mob could move to a different frame supplier but can't see why they would. Everything appears to work and the team are falling into place. An addition of a female rider would help them in the team rankings.

2. I would like to see Fairclough on a bigger team, one with other riders he can bounce off. Don't think he's had a fast rider to practice with the last few years. Pivot maybe?

3.Wilson to join Canyon, no idea just be cool.

4.Is Graves contract up?

|

8/29/2018 6:28 AM

No offence, but I thought these are rumors, not predictions or what we would like to see?

|

8/29/2018 7:39 AM

Just saw Whistler is building a Stevie Smith 1199 Downhill course with hopes of attracting a World Cup to Whistler!

|

8/29/2018 9:43 AM

I don't know how well supported those Gwin "rumors" are, but Ben Cathro (Inside the Tape on Pinkb...yes, there) asked him how he was feeling with the 29er and Gwin said that he was happy with it and that he was hoping to get more and more comfotable on it "long term".

So unless he's hoping to jump onto the 29er Session as soon as he joins Trek and pretty much start over, I'd say that it's pretty unlikely for him to leave YT now that they gave him a 29er.

|

8/29/2018 9:44 AM

Chasing wealth, very Christian.

|

8/29/2018 10:07 AM

|

8/29/2018 10:32 AM

Oh gosh, please be sponsored by real beer !!!

|

8/29/2018 11:44 AM

depeche4 wrote:

No offence, but I thought these are rumors, not predictions or what we would like to see?

There's probably only 20 people on the whole site who have access to any actual teams and potential rumours. The rest is all hearsay and analysing random videos and Instagram posts.

|

8/29/2018 5:40 PM

ck85 wrote:

Favourite time of the year! (Nothing concrete just ideas)

1. Didn't Gwin and Martin both start the Mob together (YT are just a frame sponsor? ) If anything the mob could move to a different frame supplier but can't see why they would. Everything appears to work and the team are falling into place. An addition of a female rider would help them in the team rankings.

2. I would like to see Fairclough on a bigger team, one with other riders he can bounce off. Don't think he's had a fast rider to practice with the last few years. Pivot maybe?

3.Wilson to join Canyon, no idea just be cool.

4.Is Graves contract up?

The interview after La Bresse with Duprela (Commencal junior) he mentions going to talk with Gwin on “business” then back tracks. I think he’s in senior next year but him and Vali would definitely add points

|

8/29/2018 6:29 PM

grinch wrote:

The interview after La Bresse with Duprela (Commencal junior) he mentions going to talk with Gwin on “business” then back tracks. I think he’s in senior next year but him and Vali would definitely add points

So you think the "I'm a big fan." bit was a ruse? Curious.

|