2019 Racing Rumors

metadave
8/29/2018 9:50pm
depeche4 wrote:
No offence, but I thought these are rumors, not predictions or what we would like to see?
ck85 wrote:
There's probably only 20 people on the whole site who have access to any actual teams and potential rumours. The rest is all hearsay and analysing...
There's probably only 20 people on the whole site who have access to any actual teams and potential rumours. The rest is all hearsay and analysing random videos and Instagram posts.
We're basically the National Inquirer of mountain biking
Aksel_Lfft
8/29/2018 11:29pm
grinch wrote:
The interview after La Bresse with Duprela (Commencal junior) he mentions going to talk with Gwin on “business” then back tracks. I think he’s in senior...
The interview after La Bresse with Duprela (Commencal junior) he mentions going to talk with Gwin on “business” then back tracks. I think he’s in senior next year but him and Vali would definitely add points
Big Bird wrote:
So you think the "I'm a big fan." bit was a ruse? Curious.
grinch wrote:
I don’t know. It just struck me when he started with “talk business” then seemed to catch himself and say “I’m a big fan” and “I’m...
I don’t know. It just struck me when he started with “talk business” then seemed to catch himself and say “I’m a big fan” and “I’m a fan of what he’s doing for training”( I’m paraphrasing a bit). The kids English isn’t great and there’s a commencal party going on. Seems like an odd couple apart from “business”
Unless I am mistaken, Daprela is a 1st year junior. All in all, it would be great for him to have a mentor like Gwin. Also, if he's nice enough, he could get a lap in the Maclaren too Wink
8/30/2018 1:36am
Anyone think it's possible that the Athertons could go back to GT?
mtbrealtalk
8/30/2018 1:38am
depeche4 wrote:
No offence, but I thought these are rumors, not predictions or what we would like to see?
ck85 wrote:
There's probably only 20 people on the whole site who have access to any actual teams and potential rumours. The rest is all hearsay and analysing...
There's probably only 20 people on the whole site who have access to any actual teams and potential rumours. The rest is all hearsay and analysing random videos and Instagram posts.
You would be surprised the amount of people who come and check/post in this thread who know what's happening.
mamath7
8/30/2018 6:22am
depeche4 wrote:
ck85 wrote:
You would be surprised the amount of people who come and check/post in this thread who know what's happening.
They're probably having good laughs (sorry approx. English)
Maxipedia
8/30/2018 7:46am
mamath7 wrote:
They're probably having good laughs (sorry approx. English)
The ”they're” bit makes you more legit in English than most native speakers. Wink

Otherwise, I believe a lot of people are aware of this rumour-mill and feed it just for the sake of having fun. You don't thing that the Vital shots in the last couple of days ”just happened”, don't you? I also think that it speaks volumes about how connected the racers are to the ”normal” MTB community. In other sports the pros avoid most fans as much as they can.

Mx
vweb
8/30/2018 8:24am
Based on "Adam Brayton to Nukeproof"... Nukeproof with Hope and Öhlins ?
depeche4
8/30/2018 9:58am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2018 10:06am
Don't they just live down the "street" from each other? Considering there is not much of down the street in the lake district.
Primoz
8/30/2018 11:59am
Hope has an enduro bike. They race EWS. Nukeproof has an enduro team. A successful one at that.
mnebraska
8/30/2018 6:00pm
womble77 wrote:
Kade Edwards to YT Mob !
that would fit the young talent part
grinch
8/30/2018 6:50pm
Not sure about the team Gwin part though
astrizzle
8/30/2018 7:55pm
So no one is going to post the whole "Gwin is riding for KTM" rumor this time around? Lame
peecee
8/30/2018 11:28pm
Conners contract is up at the end of 2018, I'd like to see him leave Kona he's fast but I reckon on a different bike and with team mate at the same level he would do even better.

Brayton likes where he is with the team and still being able to work his normal job but it would be good to see him on a full factory ride something like Nukeproof since they are still working on a revised version of the Pulse dh bike but him riding with Page is nothing more that friends to be honest.

Gwin will go wherever the money is as he will be fast no matter what he rides and surly the big brands can offer more than what YT can.

I'd love to see GT sign someone big as I can't see Brannigan coming back next season and being competitive after a full season injured and surly GT wanna start next season in the same way they ended this one.
8/31/2018 4:19am
I'v got some good stuff for you guys.

• Loïc off Specialized as he can't bear the whole 29er trend, and get on a 26'-wheeled Ironhorse Sunday. Sam Hill would drop enduro and Nukeproof to join him as he declared, and I quote, "this shit was real stuff bru"

• Gwin asks YT for a new Bugatti Divo. If they can't get him one he'd leave the Mob to focus on his new career as an actor. In Bollywood. True story.

• Wyn & Eddie back together on a privateer team, with Havaianas flip-flops as main sponsor. Word is said that the Rat shown some interest but nobody could understand what he actually said

• Manon Carpenter back on the circuit on the prototype Liv DH bike. She'll be joined by Vali Holl and Emi Siegenthaler to form a girl-only team. Oh, and did I mention that Missy Giove would be the team manager?

• They've been rumours about Vouilloz, Peaty and Gracia forming a team to rip off the Masters championship, but I can't see that happen. Or would I?

Of course as a true journalist I can't tell who my sources are. Just trust me.
mamath7
8/31/2018 4:24am
Nico_Hrndz wrote:
I'v got some good stuff for you guys. • Loïc off Specialized as he can't bear the whole 29er trend, and get on a 26'-wheeled Ironhorse...
I'v got some good stuff for you guys.

• Loïc off Specialized as he can't bear the whole 29er trend, and get on a 26'-wheeled Ironhorse Sunday. Sam Hill would drop enduro and Nukeproof to join him as he declared, and I quote, "this shit was real stuff bru"

• Gwin asks YT for a new Bugatti Divo. If they can't get him one he'd leave the Mob to focus on his new career as an actor. In Bollywood. True story.

• Wyn & Eddie back together on a privateer team, with Havaianas flip-flops as main sponsor. Word is said that the Rat shown some interest but nobody could understand what he actually said

• Manon Carpenter back on the circuit on the prototype Liv DH bike. She'll be joined by Vali Holl and Emi Siegenthaler to form a girl-only team. Oh, and did I mention that Missy Giove would be the team manager?

• They've been rumours about Vouilloz, Peaty and Gracia forming a team to rip off the Masters championship, but I can't see that happen. Or would I?

Of course as a true journalist I can't tell who my sources are. Just trust me.
Source for Havaianas sponsorship?
8/31/2018 4:27am
mamath7 wrote:
Well they've been seen with a pair of these recently. Eddie seemed pretty comfortable with it so I suppose the deal is on. I mean serious $$$ there
mamath7
8/31/2018 4:36am
mamath7 wrote:
Nico_Hrndz wrote:
Well they've been seen with a pair of these recently. Eddie seemed pretty comfortable with it so I suppose the deal is on. I mean serious...
Well they've been seen with a pair of these recently. Eddie seemed pretty comfortable with it so I suppose the deal is on. I mean serious $$$ there
Ok, I was suspicious about this. Now it seems legit.
Big Bird
8/31/2018 8:16am
Possible Adam Brayton to Nukeproof? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/08/30/6679/s1200_Screenshot_20180830_151424_Instagram.jpg[/img]
Possible Adam Brayton to Nukeproof?

With Brayton hanging with Page and Sam talking about a return to DH. Perhaps Nuke Proof is making a return to downhill racing with a full stacked team?
tlax88
8/31/2018 8:43am
I'm gonna throw this one out there. Not sure what type of contract Bruce Klein signed with Commencal last year, but I could see him moving to YT with Gwin, Neko, and Vali Holl. With Klein having a injury plagued season, I can see him being off-the-radar and could sign a relatively small contract allowing YT to resign Gwin. Klein seems like a younger Gwin with enormous potential, motivation, fitness, and lives close by to Gwin. Angel moves on as he made a name for himself in the last two rounds.
Picasso
8/31/2018 10:36am
Why would Aaron Gwin leave the yt mob, people please use your logic.
matmattmatthew
8/31/2018 12:26pm
Picasso wrote:
Just a wild guess...More $$$$$
krabo83
8/31/2018 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 2:08pm
Picasso wrote:
yeah, but like i said before... can‘t imagine AG leaving the freedom of the mob (his own creation with whitley) for a factory ride. another frame supplier for the mob maybe.
8/31/2018 1:28pm
Picasso wrote:
krabo83 wrote:
yeah, but like i said before... can‘t imagine AG leaving the freedom of the mob (his own creation with whitley) for a factory ride. another frame...
yeah, but like i said before... can‘t imagine AG leaving the freedom of the mob (his own creation with whitley) for a factory ride. another frame supplier for the mob maybe.
If they change from YT, that's the only way it makes sense. Simply change the frame sponsor.

On the "why" part, yes more $$$$ is motivation enough. Gwin is a smart man. But also, in the recent clip of him talking about the new bike, he didn't seem too pleased with how long it took YT to get him his 29er. Working with Asian suppliers is notoriously hard for one-off's, testing new lay-ups, and general tinkering. Maybe he see's the value in a company that has quicker turnarounds for race-specific projects and better in-house support. Unno style, but probably not Unno. If I were dedicated to winning and had the skill the top guys do, I'd want to make a race-shop only style team, in the style of pretty much any serious automotive race team. Gwinn+Whitely is the most likely combination to be able to pull something like this off in the mtb world.
Chuck Norris
8/31/2018 10:24pm
Aaron Gwin to Monster Energy Kawasaki.

Eli Tomac to HRC Honda.

HRC Honda debuts the carbon fiber RN02 “Dick in a Box” DH rig. Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg rejoice.

Sam Hill to Tour de France Moviestar Team/Canyon; wins 2020 tour on flats, manuals most of the descents in the Pyrenees, doesn’t really see what the big deal is.

Rob Warner pulled out of retirement to join GT Factory, forced by UCI officials to race Willingen alone.

Vali Höll rips a hole in Space-Time, skips the age of 17, turns pro, destroys everyone.

Ed Masters wakes up inside a cement mixer in LaBresse – says it’s the best sleep he’s had in years; throws Bernard Kerr down a well.

Gee Atherton discovers meditation and weed; relaxes so much that he wins the first three races by 10 seconds. Gwin forced to reassess Gluten; nervously counts his money anyway.

Ratboy returns to Syndicate as Cedric Gracia. Everyone wins.

GT, Scott, Trek, and GIANT show up at a party wearing the same dress. Avoiding eye contact, no one admits it.

UCI and Red Bull “improve” all of the tracks for 2019; Chris Froome wins the last 3 races on a Cervelo. Sam Hill laughs his ass off.
8/31/2018 10:28pm
“Gee Atherton discovers meditation and weed; relaxes so much that he wins the first three races by 10 seconds. ”

And still doesn’t get selected for the GB Worlds team.
grinch
9/1/2018 12:31am
Tooo funny. Chuck gotz teh beta
mamath7
9/1/2018 12:48am
Aaron Gwin to Monster Energy Kawasaki. Eli Tomac to HRC Honda. HRC Honda debuts the carbon fiber RN02 “Dick in a Box” DH rig. Justin Timberlake...

Eli Tomac to HRC Honda.

HRC Honda debuts the carbon fiber RN02 “Dick in a Box” DH rig. Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg rejoice.

Sam Hill to Tour de France Moviestar Team/Canyon; wins 2020 tour on flats, manuals most of the descents in the Pyrenees, doesn’t really see what the big deal is.

Rob Warner pulled out of retirement to join GT Factory, forced by UCI officials to race Willingen alone.

Vali Höll rips a hole in Space-Time, skips the age of 17, turns pro, destroys everyone.

Ed Masters wakes up inside a cement mixer in LaBresse – says it’s the best sleep he’s had in years; throws Bernard Kerr down a well.

Gee Atherton discovers meditation and weed; relaxes so much that he wins the first three races by 10 seconds. Gwin forced to reassess Gluten; nervously counts his money anyway.

GT, Scott, Trek, and GIANT show up at a party wearing the same dress. Avoiding eye contact, no one admits it.

UCI and Red Bull “improve” all of the tracks for 2019; Chris Froome wins the last 3 races on a Cervelo. Sam Hill laughs his ass off.
"GT, Scott, Trek, and GIANT show up at a party wearing the same dress" do you mean a giant looks like all these other bikes? Well because if you, you should go doing your homework and check how a maestro suspension works!
I like the Gee/meditation part tho.
9/1/2018 1:04am
Aaron Gwin to Monster Energy Kawasaki. Eli Tomac to HRC Honda. HRC Honda debuts the carbon fiber RN02 “Dick in a Box” DH rig. Justin Timberlake...

Eli Tomac to HRC Honda.

WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo

I LOLed

Post a reply to: 2019 Racing Rumors

The Latest