2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

8/23/2018 12:10 PM

DubC wrote:

Sounded like a lot of chatter at CWX about team transfers. Here are a few stab in the dark thoughts:

-Gotta figure Thomas Estaque bumped to Commencal Valnord or other top team.

-Scott picks up a heavy hitter and young gun for WC results on the new bike that has been getting teased (Greenland, Moir, Loris?). Brendog can focus on steeze and less on WC results. Maybe kickin' it with ratty and "flying above the smoke" on SCB?

-Specialized / Pure Agency deal continues. Speculation. They seem hard to pin down. Finn's contract is up, right? He's gunna git dat cash from someone.

-Athertons off Trek to ???. Trek brings factory team in house and signs....wait for it, wait for it......Gwin!

-YT goes after some Young Talent. (Could also see Loris or Greenland here). The Gwin / YT colab gave each party what they wanted. Gwin got paid, his fast car, and more $ for the church and YT got validation and WC wins.....and in the end they both finally agree "that was a bit awkward" as Gwin does not fit the YT mold.

-Part of me finds it hard to imagine anyone leaving Mondraker. That bike clearly has good juju. $ might be left on the table just to ride that bike.

-Connor Fearon is up and leaves Kona.

-Intense Factory Racing contracts up? They have some potentially expensive resigns that they wont justify all 3. If Charlie Harrison continues to finish off the season strong, he seems like a good pickup for a team that already has a mega star who can mentor him a bit on that final step to the top.

-Tahnee of Transition sadly and chasing the $....dunno? Canyon? Specialized?

I thought Fearon had just resigned for 3 more years during the off season, same with Dean Lucas. The Bulldog just signed a 3 year deal with MS so he is not going anywhere. Seems funny that Trek would ditch their Atherton experiment after only 3 years considering the basically folded their whole race team to get them.

FMD has Transition as the frame provider like Pure and Specialized. So if Tahnee leaves Transition everyone does and they just get a new frame (Intense and Devinci before). I would not be surprised if her boyfriend Kade joins FMD next year as he will be first year Elite.

|

8/23/2018 6:44 PM

pivot factory racing to focus less on bike racing and more on B and E?
https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/You-Cant-Make-This-Up-Bernard-Kerr-and-Eddie-Masters-Innocently-Intrude-On-La-Bresse-Home,2505 - HILARIOUS!!!

or eddie just moving on?

|

8/24/2018 11:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2018 11:01 AM

sspomer wrote:

brendan shopping rides or playing us. courtesy of sven from la bresse today.

lil column A, lil column B?

part of me secretly wants to see C'Dale back in DH

|

8/24/2018 2:06 PM

...and a part of me wants to see Sunn get back into it too, partnered with BOS Suspension. I've seen their suspension bikes: properly sized, sweet looking! :D

I don't see the C-dale thing happening, as GT is their go-to gravity brand.

Schwinn-Toyota sniff,
Mx

|

8/25/2018 5:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 6:12 AM

Listening to Laurie Greenland's interview at the hot seat section just made me firm up my suspicions that he's likely headed to another team.

EDIT: Rob Warner fueling lots of speculation today from the commentary box.

|

8/25/2018 7:16 AM

Verbl Kint wrote:

Listening to Laurie Greenland's interview at the hot seat section just made me firm up my suspicions that he's likely headed to another team.

yeah, but couldn't understand warner's comments on team changes most of the time due to the claudio's screaming.
can someone please sum it up? :D

|

8/25/2018 7:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 7:19 AM

|

8/25/2018 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 7:24 AM

How much travel does the SB5.5 have? Isn't it 150 (on 29" wheels) as well?

|

8/25/2018 7:30 AM

new yeti sb150, their new enduro. seems like there won't be any 27,5 enduro according to the leaks unfortunately.

|

8/25/2018 7:31 AM

Primoz wrote:

How much travel does the SB5.5 have? Isn't it 150 (on 29" wheels) as well?

140mm in the back.

|

8/25/2018 7:41 AM

Ah, of course, 5.5 inches is 140 mm if i'm not mistaken... Makes sense.

|

8/25/2018 7:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 7:53 AM

Yeti is ditching the freedom units and goes full metric on their new frames. SB100, SB130 and SB150

And probably a new level of dentist/lawyer pricing. FDO - For Dentists Only

|

8/25/2018 9:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 9:19 AM

Verbl Kint wrote:

krabo83 wrote:

yeah, but couldn't understand warner's comments on team changes most of the time due to the claudio's screaming.

Here's two that I can remember:

• Ed Masters was offered to do the EWS full time
• Sam Hill getting back on a DH bike

|

8/25/2018 9:58 AM

That fox transfer looks a bit longer as well?

|

8/25/2018 10:05 AM

Richie riding it this weekend in Tahoe.

It

|

8/25/2018 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 11:28 AM

Verbl Kint wrote:

krabo83 wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

thx!!! that eddie masters bit i heard. lots of rumors are circling on pinkbike regarding rachel not having trek on the leaders jersey or not showing it during the ceremony. maybe athertons are really off trek?
will be interesting what gwin will do since YT gave him a 29er just now.

|

8/25/2018 1:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 1:18 PM

See Gee hasn’t been tagging them either.. 🤨 I reckon Trek is looking to lay down some serious dollar dollar bills ye all for Mr Gwin.

|

8/25/2018 1:43 PM

Interesting post on Tahnee’s insta story after la bresse

|

8/25/2018 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 1:46 PM

kevroberts wrote:

Won’t let me post the photo for some reason, basically a guy in a canyon tshirt in the FMD pits with the hashtag ‘teamrumours’

|

8/25/2018 1:55 PM

kevroberts wrote:

kevroberts wrote:

Won’t let me post the photo for some reason, basically a guy in a canyon tshirt in the FMD pits with the hashtag ‘teamrumours’

3rd time lucky...

|

8/25/2018 2:10 PM

kevroberts wrote:

kevroberts wrote:

kevroberts wrote:

3rd time lucky...

that's gabe fox the teammanager. but since the seagraves are running their own program it's hard to see them join canyon factory racing.
what are you guys thinking about Gwin/The Mob back on Trek frames since i read it a couple times here, is this really possible?

|

8/25/2018 2:13 PM

and regarding that stealth yeti bike, was hoping they would come up with a sb6.5/sb165 in 27,5.

|

8/25/2018 2:52 PM

Nor really a rumour but Maes confirmed in interview that he's very likely to race DH more regularly next year...

|

8/25/2018 3:26 PM

Another photo of the new Yeti

|

8/25/2018 5:06 PM

krabo83 wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

krabo83 wrote:

thx!!! that eddie masters bit i heard. lots of rumors are circling on pinkbike regarding rachel not having trek on the leaders jersey or not showing it during the ceremony. maybe athertons are really off trek?

Stop right there, you said rumors and pinkbike.

|

8/25/2018 5:54 PM

depeche4 wrote:

Coming up shortly on pb: The Essential Guide to 2019 #teamrumors

|

8/25/2018 6:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 6:04 PM

krabo83 wrote:

depeche4 wrote:

kolsen wrote:

I agree, and you will have 14 year old's (who try to trade their Kona Cowan and a Playstation 3 for a 29er dh bike) commenting on the future of DH racing.

|

8/25/2018 11:01 PM

here are a few new infos straight from la bresse:

-gwin will leave the yt mob, whitley will continue with angel, nekko and maybe valli. sram will get part of the team!
-gwin on his way to trek factory joined by reece willson
-athertons will have a ride with marin
-scott is setting up an own real factory team w/o velo solution
-no changes at the syndicate for the next 2 years
-100 percent will kick out ixs at commencal/vallnord team
-radon will stop their dh team
-specialized will split up with pure an go factory direct

|

8/25/2018 11:04 PM

GUILLO wrote:

Another photo of the new Yeti

New bike to help stop Richies flats ? haha

|

8/25/2018 11:32 PM

krabo83 wrote:

depeche4 wrote:

kolsen wrote:

Bwhahahahahaha, THIS!

|