2019 Racing Rumors

Picasso
9/1/2018 4:23am
Again someone liked a photo, that means nothing. Please actual rumors, not just random photos people follow or like.
9/1/2018 6:48am
Picasso wrote:
Again someone liked a photo, that means nothing. Please actual rumors, not just random photos people follow or like.
The new ransom is a sick bike, don't take it out on the kid for being a bike super fan.
Big Bird
9/1/2018 11:39am
Sam Hill to YT... [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/29299/photos/124291/s1200_Screen_Shot_2018_09_01_at_11.17.32_AM.jpg[/img]
Sam Hill to YT...

That would be HUGE!
9/1/2018 11:39am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2018 11:41am
Sam Hill to YT... [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/29299/photos/124291/s1200_Screen_Shot_2018_09_01_at_11.17.32_AM.jpg[/img]
Sam Hill to YT...

Thats just a picture you (or someone else) cropped of Donald Cerrone, the former UFC figther on a YT.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm32YqSB-Te/?taken-by=cowboycerrone

krabo83
9/1/2018 11:41am
Sam Hill to YT...

Big Bird wrote:
That would be HUGE!
impossible since that dude is riding clipless.
9/1/2018 12:19pm
Picasso wrote:
It’s also Jack Moir liking a Vital mtb photo, not a Scott one.
Primoz
9/1/2018 12:28pm
Thats just a picture you (or someone else) cropped of Donald Cerrone, the former UFC figther on a YT.

You could have kept the rumour mill going, like OMG he's on clips too... you're no fun Sad
Came here to write about the clips.

And he's on Maxxis AND e.13 rubber as well!!! Tongue
kev.1n
9/1/2018 12:33pm
Half of these aren't even legit rumors, just people doing some social media stalking at taking wild guesses Laughing
mfoga
9/1/2018 1:02pm
If I was a pro I would be liking and posting all kinds of shit to just mess with people.
9/1/2018 2:59pm
Luca Shaw and Jolanda Neff going to be competing XC on a tandem bike
Red Bull dropping all lines of energy drink and is becoming a Kambucha company
Neko hosting a WC in Tennessee with Motel 6 and a bunch of puppies as a sponsor
Wade Simmons is coming out with a line of Mom's Hard Lemonade, will be his new helmet sponsor
Bret Tippie finally is touring his standup routine at a bike park near you.

sharpy212
9/1/2018 3:41pm
Never read so much pish in all my life..... and it’s like they say, just because you ride a mountain bike.. doesnt make you a mountain biker.
9/2/2018 12:31am
Sam Hill to YT...

Hey hey hey, this is MTB rumours, not UFC rumours - Cowboy is very much still a UFC fighter!
ck85
9/2/2018 2:42am
Fairclough appears to be the only Scott rider without any photo's of the new Ransom. Did Scott not send one as he's leaving soon?
Verbl Kint
9/2/2018 8:12am
ck85 wrote:
Fairclough appears to be the only Scott rider without any photo's of the new Ransom. Did Scott not send one as he's leaving soon?
True. Also surprised Scott didn't come out with any videos of Brendog riding the Ransom.
9/2/2018 8:17am
ck85 wrote:
Verbl Kint wrote:
True. Also surprised Scott didn't come out with any videos of Brendog riding the Ransom.
The ransom was on his instagram story the day that it came out. Nothing else, no riding shots or videos. It was just a single slide of "This thing is SICK" or something close to that.
9/3/2018 3:51am
#reamtumors [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/09/02/6712/s1200_Screenshot_20180902_221435_Instagram.jpg[/img]
#reamtumors
Don't think that means anything - a lot of places in the Alps closed this weekend.. Could just be a reference to the last lift assisted run this season..?
Kusa
9/3/2018 5:47am
JerseyMojo wrote:
Don't think that means anything - a lot of places in the Alps closed this weekend.. Could just be a reference to the last lift assisted...
Don't think that means anything - a lot of places in the Alps closed this weekend.. Could just be a reference to the last lift assisted run this season..?
Yep, they closed this weekend.
9/3/2018 3:15pm
peecee wrote:
He said rumours but I think the Syndicate are so close that surly they will do everything they can to keep him, great team, great bike...
He said rumours but I think the Syndicate are so close that surly they will do everything they can to keep him, great team, great bike, his first win be silly to leave when its all starting to gel unless Max Commecal wants to sign Vergier and Bruni and turn the Commencal team into the new sunn chippie team from 20 years ago.

GT should sign someone who will put there new bike in the top 10 ?

Reece Wilson should get picked up by another team or bumped up to the Commencal/Vallnord team.

What actual riders are at the end of their contract this year ?

Gwin ? isn't this his last year with YT ?

I love silly season and its not even over yet haha
GT has that rider in Martin Maes. He has already said he plans to do more downhills next year. Tenth place and first in two events this year. George Brannagan seems to be properly healing now as well. I think next year will look pretty good for GT.
Primoz
9/4/2018 10:43am
Aw man that sucks. I was kinda 'meh, he's gonna have an operation and be back in a few months', but then came the chemo part :/
Euskafreez
9/4/2018 11:07am
Big Bird wrote:
So you think the "I'm a big fan." bit was a ruse? Curious.
grinch wrote:
I don’t know. It just struck me when he started with “talk business” then seemed to catch himself and say “I’m a big fan” and “I’m...
I don’t know. It just struck me when he started with “talk business” then seemed to catch himself and say “I’m a big fan” and “I’m a fan of what he’s doing for training”( I’m paraphrasing a bit). The kids English isn’t great and there’s a commencal party going on. Seems like an odd couple apart from “business”
Aksel_Lfft wrote:
Unless I am mistaken, Daprela is a 1st year junior. All in all, it would be great for him to have a mentor like Gwin. Also...
Unless I am mistaken, Daprela is a 1st year junior. All in all, it would be great for him to have a mentor like Gwin. Also, if he's nice enough, he could get a lap in the Maclaren too Wink
Bru, that Daprela boy already has a mentor and a godfather and his name is Vouilloz, Nicolas Vouilloz. First year junior already smokin' fast. That young cunt holds the fastest time on the Peille's DH Track.

Fair to say he could be one if not the best prospect for the YT mob. Quite a few friends living near Daprela warned me about this kid years ago. He is one of the best BMX racer of his age class in both France and Europe, and oh boi what he manages to do on a DH rig!

I could be wrong but I think he is the next big thing in DH. Like Vouilloz he has some unique moves that make him real fast on a bike.
Eoin
9/5/2018 1:11am
Euskafreez wrote:
Bru, that Daprela boy already has a mentor and a godfather and his name is Vouilloz, Nicolas Vouilloz. First year junior already smokin' fast. That young...
Bru, that Daprela boy already has a mentor and a godfather and his name is Vouilloz, Nicolas Vouilloz. First year junior already smokin' fast. That young cunt holds the fastest time on the Peille's DH Track.

Fair to say he could be one if not the best prospect for the YT mob. Quite a few friends living near Daprela warned me about this kid years ago. He is one of the best BMX racer of his age class in both France and Europe, and oh boi what he manages to do on a DH rig!

I could be wrong but I think he is the next big thing in DH. Like Vouilloz he has some unique moves that make him real fast on a bike.
Yes, I live in the Nice area of France and race Enduro, you regularly see Vouilloz drive Daprela to the race in the morning and then encourage or shout out lines to him during the race. The only other racer to get this kind of treatment that I know of is Adrien Dailly. Bruni and Loris also come from this area, but both have very fast fathers to guide them so didn't get any Vouilloz mentoring.

Generally speaking Bruni and Loris were clearly marked for big things as they were getting elite podiums at the age of 14-15 in regional DH races. Daprela has been doing the same in both enduro and DH at an even younger age, without even talking about his BMX championships...
Aksel_Lfft
9/5/2018 1:38am
grinch wrote:
I don’t know. It just struck me when he started with “talk business” then seemed to catch himself and say “I’m a big fan” and “I’m...
I don’t know. It just struck me when he started with “talk business” then seemed to catch himself and say “I’m a big fan” and “I’m a fan of what he’s doing for training”( I’m paraphrasing a bit). The kids English isn’t great and there’s a commencal party going on. Seems like an odd couple apart from “business”
Aksel_Lfft wrote:
Unless I am mistaken, Daprela is a 1st year junior. All in all, it would be great for him to have a mentor like Gwin. Also...
Unless I am mistaken, Daprela is a 1st year junior. All in all, it would be great for him to have a mentor like Gwin. Also, if he's nice enough, he could get a lap in the Maclaren too Wink
Euskafreez wrote:
Bru, that Daprela boy already has a mentor and a godfather and his name is Vouilloz, Nicolas Vouilloz. First year junior already smokin' fast. That young...

Yeah that's true. Ok Ok, it would be more for the Maclaren lap hahaha Smile
The YT mob would make a great move that's for sure!

Post a reply to: 2019 Racing Rumors

The Latest