2019 UCI World Cup Downhill Tech

Dylan
Edited Date/Time 9/17/2019 6:51am
Now that team rumours are officially over and the first round of the World Cup is still a couple of months away it must be time to start speculating over the bikes and tech getting raced in 2019.

Will Loic Bruni cave to the big S and show up to round 1 on their new 29er?

The new 29er was spotted first in Whistler in May 2018

It popped up again at Fort William under Miranda Miller

https://m.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Prototype-Specialized-Demo-29-at…

And more recently being tested by Walker Shaw and local NZ racer Caelab Drummond.

It’s no secret that Aaron would be make some tweaks to the Intense m29.

Here are the first set of “FRO” links

and another look at the new TRP drivetrain

Ratboys move to Cannondale brought rumours of a new DH bike from Cannondale. Not decent spy shot have emerged by Matt Simmons has been out testing recently.

Could be enduro related but running a set of Saints it maybe a downhill bike

|
Mandingo915
2/21/2019 2:11pm
Marcelo Gutierrez riding an alloy frame, why ?[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/02/21/7716/s1200_p5pb16877029.jpg[/img]
Marcelo Gutierrez riding an alloy frame, why ?
Probably experimenting with different geos. Once he nails down what he wants for the WC season, they'll make a carbon mold. Molds are v expensive.
sspomer
carll
2/21/2019 9:42pm
Why is Cannondale being so coy with their DH rig? Trying to build hype for something that nobody will buy anyway...
krabo83
2/22/2019 3:46am
read something about a RS lyrik ultimate coming with a different damper. no pics or proof unfortunatelly. and the sponsored riders will be on chrome colored forks at some point in the season.
Sir HC
2/22/2019 3:49am
krabo83 wrote:
read something about a RS lyrik ultimate coming with a different damper. no pics or proof unfortunatelly. and the sponsored riders will be on chrome colored...
read something about a RS lyrik ultimate coming with a different damper. no pics or proof unfortunatelly. and the sponsored riders will be on chrome colored forks at some point in the season.
RC2 Damper is fitted to the Boxxer and Damper, be interesting to see what they come up with, as the Lyrik is an awesome fork already!
2/22/2019 6:28am
krabo83 wrote:
read something about a RS lyrik ultimate coming with a different damper. no pics or proof unfortunatelly. and the sponsored riders will be on chrome colored...
Yoann Barelli had a picture of the fork on his Instagram, which has since been taken down. You can still kind of see the "Ultimate" label on the fork lower of his new post though
sspomer
2/22/2019 6:56am
fun with marcelo. his 2017 garbanzo-winning glory (carbon) vs the alloy one from valpo. this is not scientific, there's plenty of room for error and comparing an urban DH setup w/ a garbo setup is probably a bad idea. still fun though. the alloy one looks a tiny bit lower in the BB w/ a shorter head tube. the blue points are the alloy glory, the pink points are the carbon garbanzo glory Carbanzo (TM)

ordep
2/22/2019 9:24am
Gwin riding some Intense prototype 29er(Carbine?!)

peecee
2/22/2019 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 5:30pm
carll wrote:
Why is Cannondale being so coy with their DH rig? Trying to build hype for something that nobody will buy anyway...
Clueless!

Now Cannondale have Ratboy and Co and a new DH bike in the making, I think it's the start of a new beginning for them they are one of the originals and will always have a following.
Cannondale should throw back to their heyday with the new DH and Ratboys team by giving the team riders the retro colour ways as a throwback to when they were the greatest team on the planet!

carll
2/23/2019 12:14am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2019 12:15am
peecee wrote:
Clueless! Now Cannondale have Ratboy and Co and a new DH bike in the making, I think it's the start of a new beginning for them...
Clueless!

Now Cannondale have Ratboy and Co and a new DH bike in the making, I think it's the start of a new beginning for them they are one of the originals and will always have a following.
Cannondale should throw back to their heyday with the new DH and Ratboys team by giving the team riders the retro colour ways as a throwback to when they were the greatest team on the planet!

While Josh has quite the Instagram following and has carved out his niche with his fun loving, jibbing thing, I seriously doubt that this will translate into sales of their DH bike.

Like it or not, star power and results sell DH bikes. One only has to look to the success of YT's signing of Gwin or
Commencal with Pierron onboard. While it's great the Matt Simmonds is riding for Cannondale, the reality is that he hasn't been inside the WC top 20 since 2015. Very strongly doubt that their DH bike is going to be flying out the door.
oliosky
2/23/2019 1:18am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2019 1:19am
sspomer wrote:
fun with marcelo. his 2017 garbanzo-winning glory (carbon) vs the alloy one from valpo. [b]this is not scientific[/b], there's plenty of room for error and comparing...
fun with marcelo. his 2017 garbanzo-winning glory (carbon) vs the alloy one from valpo. this is not scientific, there's plenty of room for error and comparing an urban DH setup w/ a garbo setup is probably a bad idea. still fun though. the alloy one looks a tiny bit lower in the BB w/ a shorter head tube. the blue points are the alloy glory, the pink points are the carbon garbanzo glory Carbanzo (TM)

Awesome work man!. I reckon a reach comparison might highlight a bit of stuff too...
sspomer
2/27/2019 6:11am
peecee wrote:
I got bored [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/02/26/7730/s1200_ghjk.jpg[/img]
I got bored

haha so good! expect this to be poached across instagram all this week LOL
peecee
2/27/2019 2:23pm
sspomer wrote:
haha so good! expect this to be poached across instagram all this week LOL

As long as I get my tags I don't mind haha pee_cee ;-)

I actually started with this one which I sent to cannondale and the riders Matt was the only one to reply but I think he liked my way of thinking. Cannondale should give me a free bike if it happens haha

vinny4130
2/27/2019 7:18pm
Would be nice if it was a dj frame, but clearly handle bar and likely a stem.
Big Bird
2/28/2019 8:02am
vinny4130 wrote:
Would be nice if it was a dj frame, but clearly handle bar and likely a stem.
They really need a long size jumper.
Dylan
3/2/2019 3:05pm
Not sure how much I trust Syndicate numbers given they're a bunch of trolls but here are the nerd numbers off their latest insta story.

Greg's XL V10 has a wheelbase of 133cm in the long setting and a buzzworks headset. Tire pressures are 28psi rear and 26psi front.

Luca's Large V10 has a wheelbase of 132cm in the long setting, 8mm forward buzzworks.

Loris's wheelbase is slightly shorter at 131cm on a Large, long setting in the rear and a buzzworks headset. No numbers on the buzzworks but guessing its slightly less then Luca's.

Loris and Greg both run carbon Burgtec bars with 20mm rise. Luca runs alloy bars with 30mm rise.

sspomer
3/2/2019 4:00pm
looks like bowman has taken the advice to give us tech dorks the info we want.

so why were burgtec logos covered last year but not this year?
Dylan
3/2/2019 5:11pm
sspomer wrote:
looks like bowman has taken the advice to give us tech dorks the info we want. so why were burgtec logos covered last year but not...
looks like bowman has taken the advice to give us tech dorks the info we want.

so why were burgtec logos covered last year but not this year?
According to the Santa Cruz website, 2019 is the first year Burgtec has been an official sponsor of the Syndicate. Not sure why they decided to cover the logos last year though as Burgtec parts have been appearing on Syndicate bikes for years.

Fred_Pop
3/2/2019 11:17pm
Dylan wrote:
Not sure how much I trust Syndicate numbers given they're a bunch of trolls but here are the nerd numbers off their latest insta story. Greg's...
Not sure how much I trust Syndicate numbers given they're a bunch of trolls but here are the nerd numbers off their latest insta story.

Greg's XL V10 has a wheelbase of 133cm in the long setting and a buzzworks headset. Tire pressures are 28psi rear and 26psi front.

Luca's Large V10 has a wheelbase of 132cm in the long setting, 8mm forward buzzworks.

Loris's wheelbase is slightly shorter at 131cm on a Large, long setting in the rear and a buzzworks headset. No numbers on the buzzworks but guessing its slightly less then Luca's.

Loris and Greg both run carbon Burgtec bars with 20mm rise. Luca runs alloy bars with 30mm rise.

Finally there is a 500mm reach V-10 (all angles being equal)! Minnaar is getting close to having a bike that fits him after +20 years of riding!
Dylan
3/3/2019 1:28pm
Danny Hart testing in Portugal. Rumours is he’s riding the 29er Myst all year. Is Danny the shortest rider making the full time switch to 29?

Madison Saracen dropping some fresh colours for 2019

peecee
3/3/2019 1:49pm
Dylan wrote:
Danny Hart testing in Portugal. Rumours is he’s riding the 29er Myst all year. Is Danny the shortest rider making the full time switch to 29...
Danny Hart testing in Portugal. Rumours is he’s riding the 29er Myst all year. Is Danny the shortest rider making the full time switch to 29?

Madison Saracen dropping some fresh colours for 2019

This has been quoted weeks ago on the rumours thread, the all white bike in Portugal and the new colours have been on the site all year.

Im pretty sure that Danny isn't as small as people think don't quote me on that as I can't remember where I saw it but I was also surprised when I read it. (Ill try dig it up)

Post a reply to: 2019 UCI World Cup Downhill Tech

The Latest