2019 UCI World Cup Downhill Tech

Create New Tag

3/16/2019 2:55 AM

Loris vs Jordi comedy gold.

|

3/16/2019 10:03 AM

Captain.Zach wrote:
Thredbo Google search..... new TLD

Although it is being tested it supposedly won't be released until next year. TLD posted that the 2019 MIPS D3 colors will be a separate release date and will be their flagship helmet for the 2019 season on insta.

|

3/17/2019 8:57 PM

peecee wrote:

Morrisgabriel wrote:

PB just posted an article about the new Cannondale DH rig. The spy shots are really blurry but it seems like an interesting bike. In August I saw an interesting purple proto 29er Dh rig in whistler. The rider was riding with another guy on the new GT fury and another guy on the new GT enduro/trail bike so I figured it was a throwaway carbon mule of the Fury; although now, it seems super similar to these new Cdale prototype Dh bikes. I would be pretty confident to say it was in fact a mule for cdale so hopefully some more clear images to speculate. I really hope it is the new cdale rig as it looked pretty sweet in person.

Note: Def 29'r and also the one I saw was carbon. The shock is IN the down tube but also had an alternate mount to place it higher on the bike and above the downtube only in the photo I took I stupidly waited until his leg was blocking the alternate shock mounting.

The reason I think it is the new Cdale is because if you look at the confirmed prototype's upper top tube to seat tube connection and lower top tube to lower seat tube connection and compare it to this photo I took from whis it looks suspiciously similar. Again this is complete speculation with no facts backing it up but I think a very educated guess.

I saw two of those bikes on the east coast in September. On of them was actually running two shocks, one being a coil shock but without a coil in the downtube and then an air shock above linkage. I was told not to say or post anything but we know what it is.....

|

3/17/2019 11:04 PM

tjbiker38 wrote:

I saw two of those bikes on the east coast in September. On of them was actually running two shocks, one being a coil shock but without a coil in the downtube and then an air shock above linkage. I was told not to say or post anything but we know what it is.....

I think that may of been someone from Scott having a laugh with you

All jokes aside I really hope we see something a bit crazy from Cannondale with the results that used to go along with it .

|

3/18/2019 12:05 AM

Captain.Zach wrote:
Thredbo Google search..... new TLD

Morrisgabriel wrote:

Although it is being tested it supposedly won't be released until next year. TLD posted that the 2019 MIPS D3 colors will be a separate release date and will be their flagship helmet for the 2019 season on insta.

to me it doesn‘t look like a totally new lid alla a D4, more like a D3 „air“ or so with better ventilation. would be disappointed if that was the big next thing by tld.

|

3/18/2019 7:30 AM

more of the new fox DH lid that we saw loris in at windrock (these from crankworx nz).

sweet about the cannondale! i too hope it's something crazy and weird! may have heard they were testing out a "normal-ish" DH geo and an ultra-modern long/slack version. curious to see what they end up with.
|

3/18/2019 9:17 AM

Dylan wrote:

Loris vs Jordi comedy gold.

Man, and I thought testing with Supercross racers was infuriating.

|

3/18/2019 12:50 PM

|

3/18/2019 1:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2019 1:41 PM

here's the vid and press release for the Pivot Phoenix 29

TEMPE, AZ –Coming soon to a racecourse near you: Phoenix 29
The Phoenix 29 is quite possibly the worst kept secret on the World Cup Downhill circuit. Riders have been seen testing this ultra-fast unicorn in various incarnations over the last three years at downhill tracks across the globe. A lot goes into developing the fastest bike we’ve ever made. What starts with engineering ideas and initial concepts, ends at the finish line of the most demanding race courses in the world. Simply put, the stopwatch doesn’t lie.

In it’s very first World Cup outing at Lošinj, Pivot Factory Racing Team athlete Eddie Masters piloted the Phoenix 29 Prototype aluminum Phoenix 29, to an 8thplace qualification (one of his career-best qualifying finishes) proving what we already felt –it’s fast. Really fast. With a solid platform to work from, the team started zeroing in on improvements and tweaks. Some may question our pursuit for perfection, but our athletes see and feel the results. A hundredth of a second here, a tenth there, increased confidence and that feeling of being one with your machine. It all adds up at the finish line. Even small gains can mean the difference between a top twenty and a podium. Or better yet, a win!“

We were very competitive and fast on the very first prototype,” Says Pivot Factory Racing Team athlete Bernard Kerr. “But making some changes along the way has made it even faster.” Aluminum prototypes, carbon prototypes, and various linkages are all being tested by the team. If they ask for it, we give it to them. “I can talk to Pivot’s engineering team on a daily basis and just text or email whatever I need to work through things,” says Kerr. “We’ve come up with a super-fast bike that I’m stoked to go out there and race on.”

The Phoenix 29 is insanely fast, but we’re not done yet. A winter’s worth of successful testing still needs to be proven on the race course. And we still have a few tricks up our sleeves. For the latest developments on the Phoenix 29 keep an eye on the Pivot Factory Racing Team bikes starting this week at Crankworx Rotorua.Rest assured, a Phoenix 29 is coming. When? When it’s the fastest, most capable World Cup DH bike on the planet.

Bernard on the carbon version - photo by Hunter Paull

|

3/18/2019 4:54 PM

What major player on the world cup now does NOT have a 29er option?

|

3/18/2019 4:57 PM

Stiksandstones wrote:

The Mondraker boys seem to be using the 650b altough Mondraker has made 29ers in the past I believe. Giant are on 650b too.

|

3/18/2019 5:34 PM

Stiksandstones wrote:

Transition

|

3/18/2019 11:16 PM

It´s an Enduro Topic, but the guys from Nukeproof EWS Team teasing something? any idea? a new mega? or only new colours?

|

3/19/2019 12:28 AM

Stiksandstones wrote:

Canyon, but if i remember right, there were a couple of spy shots from a 29er bike last year.

|

3/19/2019 12:29 AM

|

3/19/2019 12:32 AM

Officially lurking! :D

|

3/19/2019 12:34 AM

Stiksandstones wrote:

ballr wrote:

Transition

Kaos raced a 29er most of last season, not sure if they’ve officially released it though.

|

3/19/2019 12:38 AM

|

3/19/2019 12:48 AM

Bruni off 100%? Looks like he’s wearing the new Fox full face...

|

3/19/2019 1:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2019 1:47 AM

It looks like RS's rear shocks also get the Ultimate treatment.

Seen so far:
• Lyrik Ultimate
• Pike Ultimate
• Super Deluxe Ultimate
• Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate

Possible sighting:
• SRAM Code Ultimate

|

3/19/2019 1:58 AM

From pinkbike

|

3/19/2019 2:24 AM

Verbl Kint wrote:

Seen so far:
• Lyrik Ultimate
• Pike Ultimate
• Super Deluxe Ultimate

Possible sighting:
• SRAM Code Ultimate

the code ultimate already existed, with 2018 yt capra cf pro race it already came with them, just not offered to to the public .
it's basically the rsc with a carbon lever

|

3/19/2019 3:15 AM

I’ve been told that ‘ultimate’ now indicates the top tier of any product line (similar to what has been used for the Guide brakes). It’s my understanding that second and third tier models will also follow a more standardized category name. The past RC, RCT3, Charger 2, etc didn’t always make it obvious where each fell in the product line.

|

3/19/2019 7:19 AM

Stiksandstones wrote:

ballr wrote:

Transition

general lee wrote:

Kaos raced a 29er most of last season, not sure if they’ve officially released it though.

You probably have a better idea of what's going on with those guys than I do.

|

3/19/2019 10:06 AM

|

3/19/2019 12:20 PM

RobMil wrote:

Whoa, thats news....wonder if Bruni is still in his old goggles, or will they match his lid?

|

3/19/2019 12:25 PM

Stiksandstones wrote:

Whoa, thats news....wonder if Bruni is still in his old goggles, or will they match his lid?

he has a Fox goggle strap in the pic, eh?

|

3/19/2019 12:31 PM

I want the MF tires. Whats the god damn deal!

|

3/19/2019 4:36 PM

Verbl Kint wrote:

Seen so far:
• Lyrik Ultimate
• Pike Ultimate
• Super Deluxe Ultimate

Possible sighting:
• SRAM Code Ultimate

So basically the ultimate is going to be the same as a normal fork or shock serviced by a good service centre who already use the best seals and best oils ? I wonder if RS will only charge $200/250 more for this product ?

Id rather have my stuff done by TF Tuning, Vorsprung, NSDynamics and all the others guys who know what they are doing with resizing bushings and making shocks almost frictionless after a service.

|

3/19/2019 7:10 PM

RobMil wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

sspomer wrote:

he has a Fox goggle strap in the pic, eh?

and gloves....

|