2019 UCI World Cup Downhill Tech

Create New Tag

3/10/2019 3:54 PM

|

3/10/2019 5:23 PM

There is a patent, can’t remember if it was fox or shimano, for a dropper that can be programmed for a pre loaded gps course. Should be even easier to implement on a shock or fork.

|

3/14/2019 1:18 AM

Verbl Kint wrote:

I'm calling it. There will be a top 5 finish in a race in this season's DH world cup with mixed wheel sizes.

That-Norco-Dude wrote:

Let's make it interesting.

Pick which race

World Championships at MSA, technically not part of the World Cup but still on the UCI calendar.

If we want to be really pedantic about it and not include MSA, then I would have to say Vallnord. I don't know much about the first new tracks this year and I'm pretty sure Fort William and Leogang will probably be better for 29er wheels (front and back).

|

3/14/2019 2:26 AM

sspomer wrote:

remember when trek did the 69 stuff? it didn't last too long. i remember hearing from someone (forget who), that the differences in gyroscopic effect with two wheel sizes threw off consistent cornering characteristics, so trek scrapped it. obviously ">loic and crew are ludicrous testers, so they'll figure out if it works or not, but curious to see how it all goes.

(with Maverick fork, brown ano, dream bike!)

|

3/14/2019 2:58 AM

The much anticipated new Santa Cruz Hightower? Will we see it teased at the first round of the EWS or in Derby.....?

|

3/14/2019 6:33 AM

Simmonds testing the Cannondale DH (sorry for the shitty screen grabs...)
|

3/14/2019 6:48 AM

like a session

|

3/14/2019 6:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2019 6:52 AM

kwapik wrote:

For sure. Myself, I'm interested in the new Lyrik and what's inside. I think it's called ultra - not positive though. Hurry up and lift the embargo Sram.

jaakkoso wrote:

It's called Lyrik Ultimate.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:0AUQOfj52MYJ:https://www.salloy.com.tw/products2_detail.php%3FuID%3D141%26cID%3D179%26tID%3D182%26Key%3D785+&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg&client=firefox-b-d

Found it on a Taiwanese website but the post seems to have been taken down. This looks like it's ready to go on retail soon.

Translation via google translate:

Lyrik Ultimate combines the thoroughly recalibrated ChargerTM 2.1 damping element, the new SKF earth seal ring, and Maxima Plush damping oil for smooth, smooth movement, allowing the front fork to maintain a high stroke during compression while returning Keep the tires close to the ground during the bomb, achieving unparalleled handling. With the new ChargerTM 2.1 RC2 damping element, riders can find the perfect adjustment settings for the riding environment.

Features / Benefits
. Newly recalibrated ChargerTM 2.1 damping element for higher level compression and rebound control
. New low friction SKF earth seal ring and damping pod seal ring
. New Maxima Plush damping oil reduces friction and improves smoothness
. New signature "BoXXer Red" color scheme
. New Ultimate High Polishing Sample
. ChargerTM 2.1 RC2 damping element with independent high speed and low speed compression damping adjustment
. DebonAirTM gas springs reduce the friction of each moving part and enhance the bounce absorption effect. Even under heavy load, the reaction is flexible and greatly reduces the rideman's control burden.

[

|

3/14/2019 10:08 AM

kwapik wrote:

For sure. Myself, I'm interested in the new Lyrik and what's inside. I think it's called ultra - not positive though. Hurry up and lift the embargo Sram.

jaakkoso wrote:

It's called Lyrik Ultimate.

Verbl Kint wrote: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:0AUQOfj52MYJ:https://www.salloy.com.tw/products2_detail.php%3FuID%3D141%26cID%3D179%26tID%3D182%26Key%3D785+&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg&client=firefox-b-d

Found it on a Taiwanese website but the post seems to have been taken down. This looks like it's ready to go on retail soon.

Translation via google translate:

Lyrik Ultimate combines the thoroughly recalibrated ChargerTM 2.1 damping element, the new SKF earth seal ring, and Maxima Plush damping oil for smooth, smooth movement, allowing the front fork to maintain a high stroke during compression while returning Keep the tires close to the ground during the bomb, achieving unparalleled handling. With the new ChargerTM 2.1 RC2 damping element, riders can find the perfect adjustment settings for the riding environment.

Features / Benefits
. Newly recalibrated ChargerTM 2.1 damping element for higher level compression and rebound control
. New low friction SKF earth seal ring and damping pod seal ring
. New Maxima Plush damping oil reduces friction and improves smoothness
. New signature "BoXXer Red" color scheme
. New Ultimate High Polishing Sample
. ChargerTM 2.1 RC2 damping element with independent high speed and low speed compression damping adjustment
. DebonAirTM gas springs reduce the friction of each moving part and enhance the bounce absorption effect. Even under heavy load, the reaction is flexible and greatly reduces the rideman's control burden.

[

Damn, your internet search "kung fu" skills are awesome. Seriously - nice find.

|

3/14/2019 10:15 AM

sspomer wrote:

spotted in chile. interesting. (i know it's not a DH bike or world cup but...)

You are correct my good man! He just posted over on that one site in the homemade bikes thread.

|

Where the white women at?

3/14/2019 11:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2019 11:28 AM

Nothing ground breaking, but a good tip for this season, as it sounds like it might be a wet year out there on the hill. Really puts the "Ass" in Assegai...

Also, further evidence of just how muddy Windrock was, if you didn't already know.

|

3/14/2019 11:36 AM

Something's missing. Where's the shock?

|

3/14/2019 12:22 PM

Scrub wrote:

Something's missing. Where's the shock?

Noticed that too, maybe trying different shock layouts or positions with just one mainframe??

|

3/14/2019 2:20 PM

subscribing

|

3/14/2019 9:03 PM

Hyperpower! wrote:

Simmonds testing the Cannondale DH (sorry for the shitty screen grabs...)

Are we seeing the cannondale of old with 1 bike with 3 different possible shock positions or is it just a mule for them to test and when we see it go into production there will be only the 1 shock position ! #makecannondalegreatagain

|

3/15/2019 12:13 AM

Pullshock?

|

3/15/2019 2:37 AM

"From the originator of short chainstays..."

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/15/2019 2:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2019 2:57 AM

Crush wrote:

"From the originator of short chainstays..."

The effective stay length still looks to be within normal lengths, if you look where the bottom bracket is, it’s just the seat tube being so far forward and that very forward pivot location that is making the actual stays look really long

That pivot location is quite strange though, almost the opposite of a high pivot point with regards to the direction of wheel travel - more up and forward instead of up and back?

|

3/15/2019 3:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2019 3:51 AM

Hardware-pivot location on a 4-bar does not mean anything in terms of actual instant-center location the rear axle rotates around. Instant center is where a line drawn through the chainstay and the second bar connected to the mainframe intersect somewhere in in front of the downtube and migrates when the bike moves through its travel.
The configuration of the new demo prototypes seem to have low antisquat and higher antirise though, its a slight departure from the current configuration. They seem to play with more geometry preservation through antirise (my guess)

|

3/15/2019 4:06 AM

Krafkloot wrote:

Hardware-pivot location on a 4-bar does not mean anything in terms of actual instant-center location the rear axle rotates around. Instant center is where a line drawn through the chainstay and the second bar connected to the mainframe intersect somewhere in in front of the downtube and migrates when the bike moves through its travel.
The configuration of the new demo prototypes seem to have low antisquat and higher antirise though, its a slight departure from the current configuration. They seem to play with more geometry preservation through antirise (my guess)

I think you are referring more to a dual link design, with a Horst link like this, with the link closer to the rear axle, it more closely resembles the wheel path of a single pivot.

|

3/15/2019 6:03 AM

Dazl90 wrote:

The much anticipated new Santa Cruz Hightower? Will we see it teased at the first round of the EWS or in Derby.....?

Found this..... New SC Hightower?

|

3/15/2019 6:16 AM

Dazl90 wrote:

Andy Mac wrote:

Seems like a given that the new Hightower would have the same design as they did on the nomad and Bronson... Should be a sick bike! Wonder if there will be an LT version immediately?

|

3/15/2019 6:34 AM

Dazl90 wrote:

Andy Mac wrote:

Sonofbovril2 wrote:

Seems like a given that the new Hightower would have the same design as they did on the nomad and Bronson... Should be a sick bike! Wonder if there will be an LT version immediately?

pretty sure that is already a LT version.

|

3/15/2019 8:55 AM

Andy Mac wrote:

Thats the new Santa Cruz Megatower.

|

3/15/2019 9:01 AM

looks like a santacruz

|

3/15/2019 5:09 PM

|

3/15/2019 6:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2019 6:34 PM

peecee wrote:

PB just posted an article about the new Cannondale DH rig. The spy shots are really blurry but it seems like an interesting bike. In August I saw an interesting purple proto 29er Dh rig in whistler. The rider was riding with another guy on the new GT fury and another guy on the new GT enduro/trail bike so I figured it was a throwaway carbon mule of the Fury; although now, it seems super similar to these new Cdale prototype Dh bikes. I would be pretty confident to say it was in fact a mule for cdale so hopefully some more clear images to speculate. I really hope it is the new cdale rig as it looked pretty sweet in person.

Note: Def 29'r and also the one I saw was carbon. The shock is IN the down tube but also had an alternate mount to place it higher on the bike and above the downtube only in the photo I took I stupidly waited until his leg was blocking the alternate shock mounting.

The reason I think it is the new Cdale is because if you look at the confirmed prototype's upper top tube to seat tube connection and lower top tube to lower seat tube connection and compare it to this photo I took from whis it looks suspiciously similar. Again this is complete speculation with no facts backing it up but I think a very educated guess.

|

3/15/2019 7:16 PM

|

3/15/2019 9:26 PM

Chrome forks for RockShox riders this season.

|

3/15/2019 10:34 PM

Thredbo Google search..... new TLD
|