2019 Downhill Masters World Champs- MSA

1/11/2019 8:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2019 8:54 AM

Has anyone raced a UCI Masters race before? I found the Velirium home, with registration opening sometime this spring. I'm really interested in giving it a go and then returning a week later to watch the World Champs. I'm not sure if we'd need USA Cycling license, masters license, or whatever. I've convinced another guy I race with to go also and the stoke is high.

Cheers!

|

1/11/2019 11:53 AM

Yes, I raced UCI Masters in '06. From what I remember, I contacted USAC to get proper forms, International license and get your Passport situated. Get those forms filled and filed with USAC and keep copies to take with you. Don't forget to represent, get a USA jersey. Maybe I'll see you there if the planets align for my schedule!

Good Luck!

|

1/11/2019 5:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2019 5:00 PM

is anyone else worried (but really secretly stoked) that the massive influx of crusty, old DH pros for masters will burn down MSA before the actual world cup? can't wait!

|

1/11/2019 6:07 PM

sspomer wrote:

is anyone else worried (but really secretly stoked) that the massive influx of crusty, old DH pros for masters will burn down MSA before the actual world cup? can't wait!

The Masters is just gonna make the track more challenging for the young guys. You know since current WC racers roll 650b/29" wheels it shouldn't make it too bad with their plush factory tuned machines.

|

1/12/2019 5:10 AM

sspomer wrote:

Masters -> MSA Worlds -> Snowshoe will make for a helluva good time in the northeast to ride bikes!

|

1/12/2019 7:45 AM

sspomer wrote:

At what point would it be socially acceptable for an ex-pro to race masters? I recall an interview once where Peaty said something about waiting 2 years after retirement from elites before joining.

|

1/12/2019 8:04 AM

After looking into it some, I read that if you've held a UCI Elite license that year, you must wait til the next calendar year if you're going to race masters. And if Peaty decides to race, he'll be in my age bracket I think. Can I get a few min handicap UCI pleaseeee!!!

|

1/17/2019 8:57 PM

I havent had a pro license since 1993, I am in!

|

5/26/2019 10:10 AM

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.