2018 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

1/10/2018 7:37 PM

Anneca Beercan is also on some silly new bike. https://instagram.com/p/Bdx36bWHbM-/

|

1/11/2018 3:10 AM

DubC wrote:

Gwin off TLD brain buckets

Thank God, if you ask me! I never liked the association between Gwin and TLD. His D3 must have been the most underwhelming signature colorway they ever made and his pants/jersey combo was also rather uninspiring. Nothing against Gwin, but I just didn't see him as a fit there. On the other hand, I can definitely understand why this split can be a hard hit for any brand out there, but I am sure both parties will be fine. I can only imagine now that there is some quality money for some other very deserving racers and this must be nothing but good news.

These lines come from a long time TLD sucker, who owns more of their stuff than it's decent, so don't suspect me of any hatred.

Mx

|

1/11/2018 5:02 AM

Someone new on Trek Factory. Greg Williamson? I believe he did visits the Atherton HQ last off season?

|

1/11/2018 5:40 AM

Euan_Mackenzie wrote:

Someone new on Trek Factory. Greg Williamson? I believe he did visits the Atherton HQ last off season?

Someone may have graduated from the Atherton Academy?

|

1/11/2018 6:29 AM

I saw bulldog on his winning run at Val d'Isère.I was watching the race up on the track, a very fast off camber. It was insane to see a human being carrying so much speed, like a speed boat in a rock garden. Best dh race memory.

|

1/11/2018 6:40 AM

Maxipedia wrote:

Thank God, if you ask me! I never liked the association between Gwin and TLD. His D3 must have been the most underwhelming signature colorway they ever made and his pants/jersey combo was also rather uninspiring. Nothing against Gwin, but I just didn't see him as a fit there. On the other hand, I can definitely understand why this split can be a hard hit for any brand out there, but I am sure both parties will be fine. I can only imagine now that there is some quality money for some other very deserving racers and this must be nothing but good news.

These lines come from a long time TLD sucker, who owns more of their stuff than it's decent, so don't suspect me of any hatred.

Mx

wow. I never realized people were so emotionally invested in what pajamas some guy on a bicycle wore. weird.

|

1/11/2018 7:52 AM

baronKanon wrote:

Someone may have graduated from the Atherton Academy?

I think Mille Johnset ...

|

1/11/2018 8:11 AM

Specialized gravity on Magura brakes (taken from his insta story

|

1/11/2018 8:30 AM

trexyz wrote:

I think Mille Johnset ...

Gee posted the same video and said ‘the boy can ride’ so maybe not...

|

1/11/2018 8:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2018 10:03 AM

There's definitely a new Boxxer chassis floating around....

|

1/11/2018 9:09 AM

Thibaut Drapela and Amaury Pierron join the Commencal-Vallnord squad

|

1/11/2018 9:13 AM

Hambo wrote:

Specialized gravity on Magura brakes (taken from his insta story

Pretty sure this was discussed a few pages back, The specialized MTB enduro and xc teams both run magura brakes. So it seams logical that they (the DH team) would run them .

|

1/11/2018 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2018 9:58 AM

Commencal/Riding Addiction news. First up, a message from Max Commencal himself:

"I'm particularly happy when I see the make-up of this year's COMMENCAL/VALLNORD Team! It adds great value and importance to have all race categories represented together; Juniors, Women and Men. The arrival of Thibaut and Amaury, partnering alongside Pompon and Rémi, should allow us to fight for the team titles. This will be one of our goals!

As a brand, our challenge will be to provide these exceptional riders with the best bikes because everyone knows that DH is a mechanical sport where the quality of the equipment is paramount. Our riders will have a choice of configurations and our engineers will work tirelessly with them throughout the season. I also want to thank our other partners, especially RockShox, SRAM and Spank. The season promises to be exciting and I cannot wait to be at the first World Cup!"

Full Press Release from Riding Addiction:
Two new riders are joining COMMENCAL/VALLNORD!
It's our turn to announce the changes for the coming season and we're very proud to say that two new riders are joining our crew!
First is Amaury Pierron! After standing on two World Cup podiums (Lourdes 2016 and Val di Sole 2017), he has proved he has the speed to be one of the fastest riders and it's an honour to welcome him to our team!
He has already been riding COMMENCAL bikes for the past two seasons so it won't take any time at all to get up to speed! We can't wait to see him training and racing with Rémi Thirion and what they can achieve together.

Amaury Pierron: "I'm really happy to join the COMMENCAL/VALLNORD team! This is the kind of team you dream about when you watch the World Cups when you're a kid. And now I'm going to be part of this team, it's just crazy! Some dreams are coming true. We had the opportunity to meet up in Spain to ride, and I felt at ease immediately. The atmosphere is very cool, I think we’ll get on!"

Up next is a talented young rider named Thibaut Daprela! He won the U17 French Championship twice and won Crankworx Les Gets DH race in 2016 and 2017 in this category. His skills and ability to perform in big races have impressed us and we're curious to see what he can do in his first year as a junior.

Thibaut Daprela: "I am delighted to join the COMMENCAL/Vallnord team for my debut in the World Cup series. The good atmosphere and professionalism are one, which makes me feel at home for this first junior year."

Our other big news is that Myriam Nicole and Rémi Thirion have both signed for three more seasons with the team!

Myriam Nicole had an incredible season, winning the World Cup overall and she's super motivated to do even better, which we're sure she can… Go Pomp!

Rémi Thirion saw his season cut short by a serious injury after his crash last June in Leogang for the World Cup. He took the time his body needed to come back and he's now fully recovered. He can't wait to race again at the very highest level.

The team wouldn't be the same without the Ruffin brothers, Gaëtan and Thibaut, who will both continue to race and manage at the same time.

Thibaut Ruffin, Team Manager: "I honestly cannot believe how far we have come in all these years. We would not be here without the support of COMMENCAL and all our partners and the work of the Riding Addiction team. At Riding Addiction, we’re beyond stoked to open another chapter, as well as the addition of these two young guns along with Myriam and Rémi will make the coming seasons more exciting than ever!"

Another piece of good news is that COMMENCAL has signed a deal to continue as Riding Addiction's title sponsor for the next three years. It's an honour to have had their support since the birth of the team in 2009.
The team has extended its partnership with VALLNORD and is delighted to work once more with SPANK for cockpits and wheels, SRAM for drivetrain and brakes, RockShox for suspension and IXS for race apparel. We would like to thank them for their continued work and support! We're pleased to add SCHWALBE to the list! The German brand will provide the team with a full selection of tyres benefiting from the new ADDIX technology to deal with anything the
weather can throw at us!

OAKLEY, LIZARD SKINS, AXXIOS TECHNOLOGY, CN SPOKE and E-THIRTEEN stay on board as well and we really appreciate what they do for us! We're happy to welcome WTB as our new saddle sponsor.
Our other technical partners for 2018 include: Unior Tools, HT, Five Ten, Forbike, Finish Line, Feedback Sports, Super Alloy Racing, GoPro, Ryno Power, Ride Alpha, Thomson, Works Components (a few more partners will be announced soon!).

Cheers from everyone at COMMENCAL/VALLNORD!

|

1/11/2018 11:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2018 11:34 AM

Maxipedia wrote:

Mx

Gwins not been on TLD pants and jersey for a few years tho

|

1/11/2018 12:37 PM

yeti's PR - richie confirmed, neer still on (heck yes) and some young enduro talent.
-----------------
YETI FOX FACTORY AND NATIONAL TEAMS READY FOR STACKED RACE SCHEDULE
Factory, National and Development Teams to Race BME and EWS Stops

(Golden, Colo.) – For the upcoming season, the Yeti Fox Factory and National Teams will set sights on the international and U.S. race circuits including the Enduro World Series and Big Mountain Enduro. The team will be led by two-time EWS World Champion Richie Rude and returning Yeti National Team riders, Shawn Neer and Jubal Davis. Neer locked down the BME overall title last year and is looking to do the same in 2018. The pro-team riders will be joined by U21 athlete, Duncan Nason. Nason captured a second-place finish at EWS Aspen in 2017, showing he has the muster to take on more international racing this season.

Additionally, with a history of creating some of the best mountain bike racers in the industry, Yeti will continue to focus efforts on younger enduro racers through the Yeti Devo Team. Utah Siblings Bryn (16 years) and Lauren (14 years) Bingham, and Coloradan Quinn Reece (16 years) will round out the youthful group. Each athlete will race throughout the west, including the Big Mountain Enduro Series where the young riders will race and train with Yeti Fox Factory Team athletes.

Yeti Cycles president and owner Chris Conroy is eager for the 2018 race season to begin with this diverse group of athletes.

“We have a solid mix of racers for 2018. Our team structure allows racers to move up as they improve, so we’re excited to see how Shawn and Jubal respond at EWS races this year,” Conroy said. “We also expect Richie to return to the dominant form that allowed him to win back-to-back championships.”

Mechanical support will continue to be led by experienced and long-time head mechanic, Shaun Hughes. He will be assisted by Nate Espinosa. Hughes and Espinosa worked in lockstep domestically supporting Yeti athletes in 2017 and will be taking their teamwork internationally to numerous EWS stops. Damion Smith will continue to manage the team and looks forward to building on Yeti’s legacy of racing.

“Yeti is synonymous with racing. It is in our DNA,” Smith said. “We are stoked to see how Richie, Jubal and Shawn push each other this year. Each athlete is extremely unique in what they bring to the table in terms of speed, experience, style and raw talent.”

The Yeti Fox Factory Team continues to thrive with the support of long-time and generous sponsors that offer high-performance products put to the test on the most grueling race tracks in the world. Sponsors for 2018 include Fox Racing Shox, Maxxis, Shimano, DT Swiss, Ergon, Toyota, Giro, Motorex, OneUp Components, Ion, Renthal Cycling, Stages Cycling, Backcountry Research, Chris King, Feedback Sports, Victory Circle Graphix, Honey Stinger, RockyMounts and CushCore.

After two years in turquoise for the Yeti Fox Factory Team, Cody Kelley will be departing from Yeti Cycles. Kelley sealed a career-best EWS finish with a ninth place at EWS Aspen. His unmistakable style and skill pushed the limits of other Yeti team members. Yeti wishes Kelley the best as he continues on the EWS circuit.

Yeti Fox Factory Team will kick off the season at the first stop of the EWS circuit in Lo Barnechea, Chile at the end of March.

|

1/11/2018 12:42 PM

I guess that puts the Buchanan speculation to rest.

|

1/11/2018 3:52 PM

Anyone got news on whats going on with up and coming Dak Norton? Off morphus and defiantly not riding for Trek.

|

1/11/2018 3:59 PM

I wonder where Lewis is going? Maybe a solo ride on an bespoke brand, someone like orange.

|

1/11/2018 7:25 PM

With American Classis shutting down, any idea what the Commencal Enduro team will be running for wheels?

|

1/11/2018 8:00 PM

brimmergj wrote:

With American Classis shutting down, any idea what the Commencal Enduro team will be running for wheels?

E13?

|

1/11/2018 8:09 PM

Euan_Mackenzie wrote:

Brayton

|

1/11/2018 11:28 PM

Mwood wrote:

Anyone got news on whats going on with up and coming Dak Norton? Off morphus and defiantly not riding for Trek.

Not sure. Might want to ask Keegan Wright. He may know...

|

1/12/2018 3:15 AM

|

1/12/2018 4:22 AM

on flats... hmmm....

|

1/12/2018 5:44 AM

Mr Fearon !!!!

|

1/12/2018 5:56 AM

laxguy wrote:

on flats... hmmm....

Could well be Dan though, but then no neck brace, so could well be someone else.

|

1/12/2018 6:09 AM

|

1/12/2018 6:14 AM

laxguy wrote:

on flats... hmmm....

Sir HC wrote:

Could well be Dan though, but then no neck brace, so could well be someone else.

didn't look quite right as Dan... but someone who can whip pretty well and rides flats...renthal bars.. maybe hope brakes?

|

1/12/2018 6:28 AM

Sam Dale now tagging Santa Cruz bikes. That's kind of where he belongs it seems.

|

1/12/2018 7:21 AM

laxguy wrote:

on flats... hmmm....

Sir HC wrote:

laxguy wrote:

didn't look quite right as Dan... but someone who can whip pretty well and rides flats...renthal bars.. maybe hope brakes?

Hope brakes were pictured on some previous posts as well, they were on story lines on instagram

|