2018 Racing Rumors

lister_yu
1/8/2018 10:26pm
Let's also not forget that Gee killed it on the 26" "new" fury and won worlds on the 27.5" version. Multiple wins and several podiums for...
Let's also not forget that Gee killed it on the 26" "new" fury and won worlds on the 27.5" version. Multiple wins and several podiums for him on Gt, and he hasn't done much since the switch to Trek (well aware he's been battling injury the last two seasons). I have to agree with General Lee, I don't think that the GT is a career death sentence for anyone, I just Think it probably rides differently from most and takes some time to get used to. A lot of people claim the session is the fastest bike of the WC, and the results show that the Fury is right there with it when under the same riders.
maybe not a death sentence but a little show stopper when others around you keep evolving and tweaking geometry and you as a rider are stuck with a frime that was not developed any further for some years now. it may not be the sudden death but if keeps things fresh and interesting to get something new from time to time
Aushred
1/8/2018 10:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 10:50pm
Verbl Kint wrote:
Nice point coming from General Lee re: race results. Not sure if the data reflects this, but it seems Kiwi riders have not been able to...
Nice point coming from General Lee re: race results.

Not sure if the data reflects this, but it seems Kiwi riders have not been able to get the consistency required to dominate a full season of DH or Enduro. It's certainly not for lack of talent, that's for damn sure.

Could it be because they have such a busy off-season at home? Too much traveling time, maybe, compared to other countries (NZ is far from pretty much everywhere else)?

Ok in theory, but does not work, due to Aussies having same summer Off season

chadkriz
1/8/2018 11:40pm
Stoked for Foresta.

The kid can ride a bike, and his younger sister is super fast as well.
grambo
1/9/2018 12:17am
mbikes1 wrote:
MacDonald on whichever brand Buchanan is on? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/01/07/5797/s1200_Screenshot_20180108_201832.jpg[/img]
MacDonald on whichever brand Buchanan is on?
EX471 rims, fox suspension, shimano brakes = Mondraker I reckon.

Wonder if he'll be going the 29er
Brook posted a colour version of that photo on his Instagram story but quickly deleted it. Wish I had screen capped it. Pretty sure I remember some pink/purple colours in the frame dither.

Thought for a second it could be Transition FMD (Fox, Shimano, DT Swiss) but they run Schwalbe tires.
1/9/2018 3:31am
mbikes1 wrote:
MacDonald on whichever brand Buchanan is on? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2018/01/07/5797/s1200_Screenshot_20180108_201832.jpg[/img]
MacDonald on whichever brand Buchanan is on?
EX471 rims, fox suspension, shimano brakes = Mondraker I reckon.

Wonder if he'll be going the 29er
grambo wrote:
Brook posted a colour version of that photo on his Instagram story but quickly deleted it. Wish I had screen capped it. Pretty sure I remember...
Brook posted a colour version of that photo on his Instagram story but quickly deleted it. Wish I had screen capped it. Pretty sure I remember some pink/purple colours in the frame dither.

Thought for a second it could be Transition FMD (Fox, Shimano, DT Swiss) but they run Schwalbe tires.
Yep, the 2018 Summum pro frames have pink/purple in their colorway.

trexyz
1/9/2018 4:33am
Here is the list of wins on the Fury:

World Champs - 2014 - Gee
Cairns WC - 2014 - Gee
Fort William WC - 2013 - Gee
Val di Sole WC - 2013 - Gee

Val di Sole WC - 2015 - Rachel
Windham WC - 2015 - Rachel
Mont-Sainte-Anne WC - 2015 - Rachel
Lenzerheide WC - 2015 - Rachel
Leogang WC - 2015 - Rachel
Fort William WC - 2015 - Rachel
Meribel WC - 2014 - Rachel
Cairns WC - 2014 - Rachel
Hafjell WC - 2013 - Rachel
Fort William WC - 2013 - Rachel
Val di Sole WC - 2013 - Rachel

Windham WC - 2014 - Taylor Vernon
Fort William WC - 2014 - Martin Maes
Fort William WC - 2015 - Martin Maes

Not bad in my opinion.
LTrumpore
1/9/2018 8:53am
fun house wrote:
Lee where did you screen cap those results from?
Roots and Rain. You can use the drop down menu to limit what results are displayed.
Primoz
1/9/2018 11:36am
Is Trek World Racing a different team to the Athertons?
1/9/2018 2:09pm
So looks like this Dan guy and his pet Dingo did some hard creepin on Lew Buchanan's insta account and brought this up...

CRCcrew
1/9/2018 2:21pm
Ibis 100% as well. You can see the Thomson stem that Ibis uses and in his IG story you can see a little bit of the wheels decal. Those rims a defenitly Ibis’
sspomer
1/9/2018 2:40pm
bruce klein off KHS

Along with the new year comes some very exciting news, but first I want to say a massive thank you to all the homies at @khsfactoryracing and @khsbicycles for their support this past season! We did some pretty incredible things, race wise, in such a quick year and had such a blast while doing it! With the support from these guys I rode to my first National win, first National Series Title, first International podium, first full season of World Cup downhill including two top 20 results, first Elite World Champs, and managed to obtain very close to all of my goals. I started out the World Cup season not even able to qualify but with the support and knowledge from these guys, I was able to continue progression and finish in the top 20 at World Champs! It's been a hell of time traveling with @quintonspaulding, @loganbinggeli, @seamuspowell, and everyone else who participated along the way! They opened the door for me to chase my dreams and although it was a big learning year, we crushed it! We will be parting ways for the future but I'll always be stoked to see you guys at the races! A massive thank you to Q for providing a position for myself to learn, progress, and continue growing the fire that burns inside to reach my best! I wish all the best to you boys and see ya at the races! ??❤️? PC: @zachfaulkner @khsfactoryracing @khsbicycles @fox @rideshimano @envecomposites @wildernesstrailbikes @odigrips @maxxistires @progold @flyracingusa @honeystinger @lazersports @100percent_bike @virusintl @betterbuzz @monsterarmy #khsbicycles

A post shared by B R U C E K L E I N (@bruce_klein) on Jan 9, 2018 at 1:18pm PST

1/9/2018 2:58pm
CRCcrew wrote:
Ibis 100% as well. You can see the Thomson stem that Ibis uses and in his IG story you can see a little bit of the...
Ibis 100% as well. You can see the Thomson stem that Ibis uses and in his IG story you can see a little bit of the wheels decal. Those rims a defenitly Ibis’
I messaged him about the stem. Told me it was temporary... And in a roundabout way told me it wasn't IBIS.

Granted he could have just been fucking with me haha
1/9/2018 4:28pm
CRCcrew wrote:
Ibis 100% as well. You can see the Thomson stem that Ibis uses and in his IG story you can see a little bit of the...
Yep, Totally Ibis. Also, I bet bex baraona is his teammate, along with wallner. A bit of IG digging and its all fairly obvious.
branthavro
1/9/2018 4:39pm
sspomer wrote:
bruce klein off KHS

Along with the new year comes some very exciting news, but first I want to say a massive thank you to all the homies at @khsfactoryracing and @khsbicycles for their support this past season! We did some pretty incredible things, race wise, in such a quick year and had such a blast while doing it! With the support from these guys I rode to my first National win, first National Series Title, first International podium, first full season of World Cup downhill including two top 20 results, first Elite World Champs, and managed to obtain very close to all of my goals. I started out the World Cup season not even able to qualify but with the support and knowledge from these guys, I was able to continue progression and finish in the top 20 at World Champs! It's been a hell of time traveling with @quintonspaulding, @loganbinggeli, @seamuspowell, and everyone else who participated along the way! They opened the door for me to chase my dreams and although it was a big learning year, we crushed it! We will be parting ways for the future but I'll always be stoked to see you guys at the races! A massive thank you to Q for providing a position for myself to learn, progress, and continue growing the fire that burns inside to reach my best! I wish all the best to you boys and see ya at the races! ??❤️? PC: @zachfaulkner @khsfactoryracing @khsbicycles @fox @rideshimano @envecomposites @wildernesstrailbikes @odigrips @maxxistires @progold @flyracingusa @honeystinger @lazersports @100percent_bike @virusintl @betterbuzz @monsterarmy #khsbicycles

A post shared by B R U C E K L E I N (@bruce_klein) on Jan 9, 2018 at 1:18pm PST

Bruce to Giant?
1/9/2018 4:42pm
Okay so if Lewis Buchanan isn't riding a Yeti, who might we see on Yeti factory team this season? Maybe Florian Nicolai?
Salespunk
1/9/2018 4:57pm
sspomer wrote:
bruce klein off KHS

Going to Commencal
Bennyt99
1/9/2018 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 5:43pm

Lewis Buchanan to sign with Haibike this coming season.
watchcwgo
1/9/2018 7:44pm
Fairly convinced Lewis is on ibis. In that last pic on his insta, you can see the top of a water bottle. Rules out yeti unless they are having him test a new bike we don’t know about.
vicho
1/9/2018 7:44pm
Okay so if Lewis Buchanan isn't riding a Yeti, who might we see on Yeti factory team this season? Maybe Florian Nicolai?
Florian nicolai is probably going to canyon they need a top ten racer.
JCL
1/9/2018 9:06pm
trexyz wrote:
Here is the list of wins on the Fury: World Champs - 2014 - Gee Cairns WC - 2014 - Gee Fort William WC - 2013...

Cairns WC - 2014 - Gee

Not bad in my opinion.
Shall I post how many Tennis Tournaments Wilson rackets have won with Federer?
1/9/2018 9:21pm
trexyz wrote:
Here is the list of wins on the Fury: World Champs - 2014 - Gee Cairns WC - 2014 - Gee Fort William WC - 2013...

Cairns WC - 2014 - Gee

Not bad in my opinion.
JCL wrote:
Shall I post how many Tennis Tournaments Wilson rackets have won with Federer?
It's the rider not the bike but a good bike sure helps. If Gwin rode gt he would still do good, you know cause he's Gwin but you get the point.

Post a reply to: 2018 Racing Rumors

The Latest