2017 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

3/29/2017 12:33 PM

I think Bas has been the guy who has had the most frame sponsor changes altogether...
Transition...then to Trek...now a covered up Pivot Phoenix??
C'mon Hyper...give this guy a frame already!!!!
http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Day-in-the-Life-with-Bernard-Kerr,10911/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

|

3/30/2017 2:41 AM

Yuroshek wrote:

There is a new suspension linkage that will be fitted onto 2 companies bikes that debuts at Crankworx NZ. Best bike I have ever ridden. Hands down. Thats all I can say for now.

Marshall Willanholly wrote:

Info coming soon now that Crankworx NZ is happening?

April fools launch maybe?

|

3/30/2017 5:51 AM

parnifel wrote:

I think Bas has been the guy who has had the most frame sponsor changes altogether...
http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Day-in-the-Life-with-Bernard-Kerr,10911/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

I wouldn't be surprised if that Pivot is actually Bernard's because Bas was only brought one bike to NZ.

|

3/31/2017 5:01 AM

If you look at the Picture closer. you will see that the wheelset isnt Reynolds..Bas runs Easton Havocs I think...
I honestly do not think that this is Bernards bike...

|

3/31/2017 5:55 PM

Crankworx Rotorvegas DH results are in. Rumor me this: who ya got for 2017?

1. Jack Moir
2. Mick Hannah
3. Eliot Jackson
1. Tracey Hannah
2. Emilie Stirgenthaler
3. Casey Brown

|

4/2/2017 2:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2017 2:13 AM

Spotted the bike from the guy from Portugal! This time in a car park in Switzerland!

|

4/3/2017 5:38 AM

parnifel wrote:

Bas went straight from Transition to Hyper.
His brother Tom went from Transition to Trek. That's why Bas usually rides some sort of Transition or Trek labeled as a Hyper.

|

4/3/2017 3:06 PM

parnifel wrote:

matmattmatthew wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if that Pivot is actually Bernard's because Bas was only brought one bike to NZ.

Bas was also riding a Kona, but broke it. The pivot is indeed Bernard's spare bike. Wasn't a fan of the larger frame so Bas was using it.

|

4/3/2017 3:08 PM

parnifel wrote:

If you look at the Picture closer. you will see that the wheelset isnt Reynolds..Bas runs Easton Havocs I think...
I honestly do not think that this is Bernards bike...

Bernard's bike, just with parts Bas is sponsored with, wheels, bars etc.

|

4/4/2017 5:27 AM

|

4/4/2017 7:20 AM

Longer than long :o
Impatient to see what he will do with a bike that finaly fits to his height.

|

4/4/2017 10:10 AM

That bikes so huge, the wheels look like 26s...wow.

|

4/4/2017 11:24 AM

I think i could pedal that comfortably seat height wise and i'm 190 cm!

Is he on Mondraker's factory team or a privateer?

|

4/4/2017 11:25 AM

sorta team rumor...Mike Rose leaves Dirt : ( go get it, Mike!

press release
Farewell to one of the longest serving members of Factory Media staff.

When brands have heritage, it’s often due to the passion and dedication of the staff members that have had to build the respected reputations of those brands. Dirt is one brand that has a lot of heritage, and as a result, it has respect from the industry, audience and colleagues alike. Mike Rose has helped build Dirt over his 16 years as Editor, cementing it as one of the most prominent and well-respected voices of the mountain bike world. After years of hard work, following the worlds best riders tear down random picturesque mountainsides, to racking up the miles in the Dirt van documenting the evolution of the sport, all whilst putting up with the verbal nonsense from the likes of Steve Peat and Rob Warner, Mike Rose will be stepping down as Editor-in-Chief of Dirt Magazine and passing the reins, and troubles, over to Steve Jones.

In Mike’s own words:

“It has been an amazing journey and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the photographers, writers, designers, videographers, riders, companies, and colleagues (at both Factory Media and 4130 Publishing) that I have worked with whilst being Editor – Dirt would have been nothing without all of them. The last 16 years of working with such varied and talented individuals has been an incredible experience, and I’d like to think that together we have helped shape and influence mountain biking in some small way.

A lot has changed in the media landscape since I became editor in 2001. It was all about print magazines back then, a time when websites and social media were almost the stuff of science fiction! The pace of change over the last decade has been rapid. It may be a bit of a cliché, but personally for me it was time for something new, time to move on, time for a different challenge. It’s not the end, just a new chapter.”

We would like to thank Mike for his years of dedication to Dirt Magazine, resulting in it being one of the crown jewels of the Factory Portfolio. We wish you luck in the future and hope you enjoy the rest from deadlines, budget management and the constant feeding of that new Internet beast.

|

4/4/2017 11:50 AM

Whoa! That is a big move. Wonder what's next for Mike...

|

4/4/2017 5:35 PM

sideshow wrote:

That bikes so huge, the wheels look like 26s...wow.

With Florent on it, they practically look like 24"s.
I hope he can follow that breakout season with another great one!

|

4/12/2017 7:24 AM

Yuroshek wrote:

There is a new suspension linkage that will be fitted onto 2 companies bikes that debuts at Crankworx NZ. Best bike I have ever ridden. Hands down. Thats all I can say for now.

zbyszek222 wrote:

Are we talking about this?

|

4/12/2017 9:47 AM

This looks like it could be a laterally flexible design, that upper clevus doesn't look right.

|

4/12/2017 12:52 PM

It looks to me that they went with a different design for the sake of being different. Also, this is kinematically relatively simmilar to Yeti's Switch Inifinity, a linear slider with a link for guidance. So still a four-bar design. The general layout is different of course.

I also love the fact that the designer bashed marketing, but Dirt then reported about the design keeping your head angle constant. How will that be possible if only the rear end squats? :D

Don't know who mixed up the real world and marketing fluff here, but it's funny to me

|

4/14/2017 6:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2017 6:20 AM

Mondraker, going 29" can't think who else's frames have the gap at the front. Prototype Radon maybe ?

|

4/14/2017 6:23 AM

peecee wrote:

Mondraker, going 29" can't think who else's frames have the gap at the front. Prototype Radon maybe ?

Trek Factory Racing aka The Athertons are in Lousa right now, testing with Fox...

|

4/14/2017 8:01 AM

baronKanon wrote:

Trek Factory Racing aka The Athertons are in Lousa right now, testing with Fox...

The shape of the bike shadow is definitely more Mondraker Summum than Trek Session, that's for sure.

|

4/14/2017 11:02 AM

It's 2017 and we're still talking about wheel size. Wake me up when this is all over.

|

4/14/2017 11:09 AM

zbyszek222 wrote:

Mo(n)arch wrote:

Are we talking about this?

Reads like an Onion headline: "Guy who does work for company, says their bikes are best ever."

It's certainly intriguing and damn rad to see something different from VPP/DW, horst, or single pivot. Some of the geo numbers are a bit interesting, but I wont judge until I try one. Rad to see Polygon thinking outside the box and not just jumping on horst or VPP because the patents expired.

|

4/14/2017 12:33 PM

peecee wrote:

baronKanon wrote:

Agree with @Iceman2058 and @peecee on this one. Does look more like the Summum frame in the shadow, rear linkage location and opening in the front triangle. Although it is confirmed the Atherton's will likely be on 29ers this year: https://dirtmountainbike.com/bike-reviews/downhill-bikes/inside-trek-rd.html

|

4/14/2017 3:16 PM

I find it funny how Voss claims his design needs almost no damping while Jose says that a system needs damping in order to function.

I think i'll stick with the opinion of the guy, that worked with MX bikes, designed shock absorbers and has developed many race winning bikes over the opinion of a guy that designed URT mountain bikes...

|

4/14/2017 3:21 PM

peecee wrote:

baronKanon wrote:

I'm not sure who the guy who posted this but i was trying to work it out from his other pics I first thought he may of been something to do with Radon bikes

|

4/14/2017 3:54 PM

Primoz wrote:

I find it funny how Voss claims his design needs almost no damping while Jose says that a system needs damping in order to function.

I think i'll stick with the opinion of the guy, that worked with MX bikes, designed shock absorbers and has developed many race winning bikes over the opinion of a guy that designed URT mountain bikes...

I caught that contradiction as well. Interesting difference in philosophy. Car's, moto's and other vehicles all seem heavily dependent on damping....but who knows...maybe bikes are different enough. The initial reports on this new suspension design seem impressively promising.

I'll stick with the opinion of trying something before I pass too much judgement. Just because someone designed good or bad things in the past it doesn't always speak to what they design in the future. Everyone starts somewhere.

|

4/14/2017 3:58 PM

peecee wrote:

baronKanon wrote:

peecee wrote:

I'm not sure who the guy who posted this but i was trying to work it out from his other pics I first thought he may of been something to do with Radon bikes

He's a Fox Factory Tech on the WC circuit. Though I could see where the Radon connection might be made, being German and all.

|

4/14/2017 4:08 PM

You can also see that it's a raw aluminum frame, so clearly a prototype frame.

|