2017 EWS Bikes and Prototypes

Edited Date/Time 5/30/2017 3:35pm
Josh Bryceland was spotted at Peaty's Steel City DH on a bike that caught the attention of the Santa Cruz aficionados...is it a LT version of the Hightower?

Ratboys bike at Peaty's dh. 150mm Hightower maybe?? #prototype #santacruzbikes #hightower #mtb #mountainbike

A post shared by Jim West Yorkshire (@jim0905) on May 20, 2017 at 8:03am PDT

|
Salespunk
5/25/2017 1:55pm
iceman2058 wrote:
Josh Bryceland was spotted at Peaty's Steel City DH on a bike that caught the attention of the Santa Cruz aficionados...is it a LT version of...
Josh Bryceland was spotted at Peaty's Steel City DH on a bike that caught the attention of the Santa Cruz aficionados...is it a LT version of the Hightower?

Ratboys bike at Peaty's dh. 150mm Hightower maybe?? #prototype #santacruzbikes #hightower #mtb #mountainbike

A post shared by Jim West Yorkshire (@jim0905) on May 20, 2017 at 8:03am PDT

Rear end is definitely different than the current HT
sspomer
5/27/2017 11:52am
Sam in action on the bike
matmattmatthew
5/28/2017 3:44am
Has Sam ever raced a Carbon bike? I don't think he ever got on a Carbon Demo, or a Carbon Pulse. I'm sure he's ridden plenty of Proto's but I can't recall any race runs on a Carbon frame.
matmattmatthew
5/28/2017 11:30am
Ahhhh, now I remember. I actually saw him ride that bike at Windham.
5/29/2017 3:20am
We've seen it in action under Robin Wallner and the rest of the team already, but here's the official word on the new Ibis Mojo HD4:

Press Release

County Wicklow, Ireland
May 28, 2017

The Ibis Cycles Enduro Race Team has just finished the 4th round of the Enduro World Series (EWS), competing in the Emerald Enduro held on Carrick Mountain in Wicklow Ireland.

With two personal best performances, four riders inside the top ten and the team retaining top overall status in the series, we are calling the debut of the Mojo HD4 in round 4 of the Enduro World Series a smashing success.

Team Captain Robin Wallner (SWE) had his best ever Enduro World Series finish in the race, finishing 6th overall. Before the race, Robin told us "The new bike is inspiring to ride. I felt like I knew what it was going to do as soon as I hopped on it for the first run. When the trail points down hill and thing get steeper, the bike is easy to move around, giving me that extra bit of confidence. After testing the bike for months, I am so happy we finally get to race it because it loves to go fast!"
After the race, Robin, ever the the nice guy, had this to say: "I am super happy that I was able to hold onto my best result so far today on my new bike! Had a crash on stage 3 and got pretty tired after that so I just let my bike do the job in the afternoon. Super stoked for my buddy Zakarias who got his first top 10 today and the rest of the crew for scoring the points to keep our first place in the overall team rankings."

Zakarias Blom Johansen (NOR) a new addition to the team this year, also scored his top placing ever in an EWS race, riding consistently fast all day to finish 9th overall. We also caught up with Zakarias before the race and he told us "The new HD4 really amazed me. With a slacker head angle and the longer wheelbase I felt right at home. The new modern geometry makes the bike super stable when you start picking up speed, and the grip you get in the off camber turns is still blowing my mind. The progression in the shock’s spring curve makes a big difference when you're hitting the big compressions, while the small bump sensitivity is still there. This bike gives the rider confidence!"
After the race, Zakarias was all smiles: "It was a tough race all the way to the end. With 6 super intense stages you had to be pushing from the start. I felt really confident on the new bike and my game plan was to have fun out there. I was able to do so and then ended with my first top 10 finish."

Anita Gehrig (SUI), half of the sister duo we like to call the "Swiss Twin Towers" finished today's race in 4th, less than half a second off the podium. "I had so much fun racing my HD4 today, the Irish crowd was simply amazing. I can definitely feel an increased grip with the new geometry that helped me handle the slippery conditions."

Caro Gehrig (SUI) was right behind her sister in 5th. Caro told us "I should've listened to smart line choice advice from my sister and things might have ended even better... You learn some and you lose some! Stoked on how the bike performed today and that I could snag a few amazing stage results! So determined to make that podium dream happen this year".

Dillon Santos (USA), though still under 21, raced with the big boys for the first time today, and ended up in the top third of the pack. Dillon had to go do his homework and was unavailable for comment after the race.

Francois Bailly-Maitre (FRA) had an uncharacteristic day today, finishing mid pack.

The team rode Fireball Red Mojo HD4's for the first time in this race, after riding unpainted versions for the EWS Madeira two weeks ago. Ibis will officially launch the bike on their website and worldwide on Tuesday May 30th at 8AM PST.

We would like to congratulate the team on their great performance, and thank all of our sponsors, including:

POC: @pocsports #pocsports⠀
Fox: @ridefox #ridefox
Shimano: @rideshimano #rideshimano
Maxxis: @maxxistires #maxxistires
Joy Stick: @ridejoystick #ridejoystick
Lizard Skins: @lizard_skinscycling #lizardskinsgrips
Feedback Sports: @feedbacksports #feedbacksports
Honey Stinger: @honeystinger #honeystinger
Industry Nine: @industrynine #industrynine
Five Ten: @fiveten_official #fiveten_official

Ibis web - http://www.ibiscycles.com
Ibis team - http://www.ibiscycles.com/team/

Photos by Dave Trumpore

Killa Karp
5/30/2017 3:35pm
So did fox accidentally leak the new float X with the ibis press release? Or is this an already produced shock?

5/31/2017 1:20pm
Killa Karp wrote:
So did fox accidentally leak the new float X with the ibis press release? Or is this an already produced shock? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/05/30/5168/s1200_float_x.jpg[/img]
So did fox accidentally leak the new float X with the ibis press release? Or is this an already produced shock?

Thats the new Fox DPX2 and there are photos of it on the Mondraker E-bike that was announced a few weeks ago. It will I believe be replacing the Float X in Fox's lineup.

Post a reply to: 2017 EWS Bikes and Prototypes

The Latest