Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2016 Giant Trance 27.5 3 - Noob Help!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2015 6:52 AM

Friends,

Just purchased a Giant Trance, and would like a little guidance.

What changes would any of you have done on parts, settings, etc.? I have a heavy background in moto and BMX racing, so I have a very aggressive riding style. I live in north Georgia, so my riding spots are mostly light, jumpy downhill. I absolutely plan on purchasing wider handlebars, and thinking of beefing up the suspension to 160mm (if that's even possible on this model.).

Any help is appreciated!

|

8/21/2015 11:07 AM

Which Giant Trance and what year? Giant offers a bunch of different build options so we have no idea what your part spec is. And for what it's worth, the Trance SX uses a 160 fork and is the same frame as all the other alloy Trance's, so you'll be fine with a longer travel fork.

|

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

8/21/2015 12:37 PM

2016 Trance 27.5 3

I believe it is the cheapest version of the Trance line up. Good to hear about the forks!

|

8/21/2015 1:43 PM

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/trance.27.5.3/22206/84046/#overview

Nice ride! I'd start out with a shorter stem and wider bars. Next on the list would be a dropper seatpost, and possibly a meatier front tire. Consider converting it over to tubeless if it isn't already.

|