Accessibility Widget: On | Off

150mm Pike on Stumpjumper Evo 29 or longer travel bike

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2014 8:59 AM

Hey everyone looking for suggestons/ thoughts on what to do moving into next season. I currently have a stumpjumper evo 29 with a 140mm fox 34 on the front. I ride in northeastern Pa on singletrack that is pretty technical rooty and rocky with a fair amount of climbing. I am an aggressive rider and have found no problems hitting any jumps or drops on my current setup however I do enjoy the bike park and shuttling downhill runs and I find the stumpjumper to be a little less than what i would prefer when it comes to free riding. My wallet only allows me to have one bike and I was just curious to thoughts on putting a 150mm pike on the front or switching to either a Giant Reign or Trek Slash for the coming season. I am reluctant on putting the pike on my current bike because i then would be stuck on a 29 if i ever wanted to swap components (unless of course i switched frame/ fork/ wheels). The stumpjumper is pretty playful however i do notice the bigger wheels when jumping (which i dont necessarily mind it just takes getting used to). I know the slacker angles and bigger travel will slow both of the other bikes down when it comes to the climbs but by how much? Any input is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Scott

|