Accessibility Widget: On | Off

queston

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2009 1:31 PM

hey i used to ride bmx and race but i just got a 2006 kona stinky off my buddy and its fun to rip i wanna get into downhill racing next season could i race this or should sell it and go out and buy a diffrent bike

|

10/23/2009 4:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:10 PM

Well, it really depends on how serious you want to get into racing, and most importantly, how big is your budget.

The Kona Stinky, though I have just ridden one time or so off a friends bike, is a good bike, however if your serious about getting to race and have the money, I would recommend a bunch of better frames for DH... I myself have a Turner DHR and its great, plows through everything, great cornering, good pedalling... But there are also a lot more DH Race specific frames you could buy new or used that would work, just to name a few:

Intense M6, 951

Ironhorse Sunday

Santa Cruz V10

What I would say, is that there are lot more DH Race frames that work a lot better than the Stinky, however, its up to you to make the change, depending on the things I said above...

|

10/23/2009 4:39 PM

You dont have to spend $6000 on a DH bike to get into racing and start having fun. While your Kona isnt the best race bike, it can be used as one. If you want to get serious about racing DH on a budget, look into a year old race bike or a complete bike from Specialized, Giant, Kona, or something like that, you dont need a world cup level bike out of the gate to race Cat 3

|

10/23/2009 8:08 PM

ok sweet im probally gonna sell it and save up for a downhill bike over the winter

|