slopestyle

303mtb
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 8:19am
Hi i am hoping to do some colorado sloepstyle events next but i need a new bike. i have been using a hard tail for awhile but i cracked the frame. i am looking for a hard tail or low travel bike. any advice
|
Simcik
11/27/2009 9:02am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2009 11:21am
I love my Transition Double, great bike, strong build, and ready for all the courses on the slopestyle scene

Short travel is the way to go by far

Do you have a specific budget in mind? Are you looking for a complete or a frame? I have a Transition hardtail for sale if you are looking for a hardtail
303mtb
11/27/2009 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2011 5:10pm
im looking for a complete and i was thinking about the double as far as budget goes i dont know my shop would try to get me a deal on anything but nothing to much. what hard tail is it? and how much

Simcik
11/28/2009 7:46pm
dylanmoore wrote:
i say go wit the banshee a mongoose or gt or sx
What is your basis for recommending the list of bikes above? Most are sold as frames only with no inexpensive build kit available through the manufacturer. All of them have widely different suspension designs as well.

The Banshee and SX are fully capable slopestyle bikes as is the Transition Double. I rode an SX for a year and it was a nice slope bike, and have been on Doubles for the last two years. I can only recommend what I have ridden. Both of them are nice frames. The SX is a pricey frame.

Please outline you specific price range, and ideal build kit to fit within that range, that will help with narrowing down the recommendations of bikes. You may be best off buying a complete used bike. You can get a well put together complete 4x bike here in the front range that could be used in slopestyle. Building a complete new bike will not be cheap

If you wanna check out my double, hit me up and you are welcome to take it for a spin at the jumps for a bit to check it out.

Post a reply to: slopestyle

The Latest