back brake on the left side of the bar?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/11/2010 4:41 PM

back brake on the left side of the bar?

|

1/11/2010 4:57 PM

That is a personal set up type of thing. Some guys run it this way so they are used to the front brake on the right like on their dirt bikes. If you are only running one brake and runing it on the left side, it looks weird if you have a shifter on the right side IMO

|

1/12/2010 3:11 PM

Id say it like this, if your used to use your right hand for wrighting or throwing things etc you shoul have the brake on right side but if not left. This isnΒ΄t something some one can decide for you or give you tip on why it would be "better" on this side or this side bla bla bla.... do whats comfortable.

|

In It To Pin It

1/12/2010 5:07 PM

CrazyBacon wrote:

Id say it like this, if your used to use your right hand for wrighting or throwing things etc you shoul have the brake on right side but if not left. This isnΒ΄t something some one can decide for you or give you tip on why it would be "better" on this side or this side bla bla bla.... do whats comfortable.

Thank you for saying it as I was trying to say. 303MTB, take Crazybacon's advice, just go with what is comfortable.

|

1/13/2010 8:02 AM

I've been seeing this alot in dirt jump edits lately. I was wondering if it had something to do with throwing the bars for barspins, if they catch with their right hand and don't want to grab the brake lever? That was the only thing I could think other than just personal preference or the moto thing.

|

"Trust your life. The journey is more important than the destination."

1/13/2010 11:34 AM

oh i like my brake on the right side i was just wondering

|

1/24/2010 4:35 PM

Right now Im just running a dirt jumper and you bet, I want the Money brake on the right side. Im also building an XC bike for the spring and I will most definately be running my front brake on the Right - Moto style all the way. I just dont trust 70% of my braking power to my Left hand, frankly he's a little slow on the uptake and Im afraid he can't handle the pressure. Its not that he's completely retarded, I let him rock the back brake and the front deraileur, but thats not saying much though considering its flatter than hell around here. Anyway, the key is run what feels right and don't give the gimp hand more than he can handle, you might pay a steep price.

|

1/24/2010 5:35 PM

mxnate wrote:

Right now Im just running a dirt jumper and you bet, I want the Money brake on the right side. Im also building an XC bike for the spring and I will most definately be running my front brake on the Right - Moto style all the way. I just dont trust 70% of my braking power to my Left hand, frankly he's a little slow on the uptake and Im afraid he can't handle the pressure. Its not that he's completely retarded, I let him rock the back brake and the front deraileur, but thats not saying much though considering its flatter than hell around here. Anyway, the key is run what feels right and don't give the gimp hand more than he can handle, you might pay a steep price.

lmao

|

2/8/2010 11:00 PM

I run it on the left on the bmx to avoid putting the lever in my pocket on turndowns.

Also, moto style is the typical setup in europe.

|

4/15/2010 3:13 PM

The guys in France on BMX's throw them on the left so they can catch them on that side for barspins, its personal preference. I kind of like it on the left because thats the side of the brake on my Motocross bike, but im trying to get used to the right more so its currently there. Personal preference.

|

4/15/2010 3:47 PM

It's also a regional thing. Most bikes in the UK / AUS come that way. US and Canada are the wierd ones who run everything backwards. (I personally run everything the "US" way)

-KT

|

4/15/2010 11:12 PM

I always had my brake on the right side but messed up one of the finger on my right hand and braking with that hand was really awkward so i moved it over to the left side. No im just used to it that way, like it a lot better now too for some reason. Like everyone else said is all personal preferance. Although I get some comments about it once in a while.

|

4/16/2010 1:05 PM

Right side on all my bikes.

|