Accessibility Widget: On | Off

The new Transition Double or the Black Market Killswitch?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2010 7:25 PM

I haven't dirt jumped in a while and I mainly do DH. I was thinking that a full sus dj bike might help the transition from DH to DJ so I don't kill myself dirt jumping. I know these bikes aren't out yet or anything but which would do you think would be better for a downhiller to start dirt jumping on?? Or do I even need a full sus?

|

4/11/2010 8:19 PM

DJing on a hardtail will make you a better and smoother DJ and DHer. Both the Double and Killswitch will be awesome options for full suspension DJers. I dont think you can go wrong either way. I have loved both of my Doubles and will without a doubt love this new one once I get it.

|

4/15/2010 3:16 PM

The Killswitch has a really nice suspension design, with that hammer link it gives it this perfect progressive feel. You know that feeling when you air your DH bike, and the suspension drops through the sag? The Killswitch's hammer link also slows down that rebound, as to avoid messing with your airtime, but it also creates this crazy progressive feel, from moderate to super stiff in the lower portion of the stroke, it feels like a hardtail with some cush. Love it.

|

11/24/2010 1:52 PM

The Blk Mrkt Killswitch with X-Fusion shock is lighter than the Double without a shock. Both are around the same price. Transition is a rad company with alot of pride but I say go with the Killswitch it's super dialed cool

|

1/28/2011 6:36 PM

killswitch, and i've actually ridden both.

|

2/21/2011 8:28 PM

Be a man and get a hardtail. Full sus DJ bikes don't teach you anything.

|

11/26/2018 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2018 1:55 PM

I have both . . . and looking to sell....

I am looking to sell or trade a 2011 Transition Double v2 (size Large) AND a very lightly used 2010 Black Market Killswitch (size Large).

Photo

Photo

This is what it looks like with a 130mm fork (if someone wanted to ride Enduro/slope whatever):
Photo

And this is what it looks like with a 100mm Argyle
Photo

|

12/4/2018 5:18 AM

BrianTucker wrote:

Be a man and get a hardtail. Full sus DJ bikes don't teach you anything.

Real men ride a bmx on dirt jumps

|