Create New Tag

4/26/2010 6:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:19 AM

*SOLD*

2008 Kona Stab Deluxe

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

This is my 2008 medium Kona Stab Deluxe downhill/freeride bike. I bought the bike in late August 08 at Rage Bicycles for a little over $3000. The bike hasn’t really been taken on any downhill up until this past month. When I bought it, I broke my ankle (skateboarding) before I could ride it and then did it again, so the bike sat in the garage for about a year. It was rode lightly in Northstar once and since then it has mainly just been ridden on the backyard track and around the neighborhood. This past month I have got to ride it once at South Mountain, couple of times at T-100, and at little bit at Cave Creek Mountain. You can see more information about the bike below:

Fork- Marzocchi 888 RCV, 200mm of travel

Rear Shock- Fox Vanilla R, 8” of travel

Brakes- Shimano XT disk w/8” rotors & XT levers

Shift Levers- Shimano XT

Crankset- FSA Moto-X MegaExo, 36 teeth

Pedals- Kona Wah-Wah

Bottom Bracket- FSA Mega EXO

Rear Cogs- 9 speed, 11-32 teeth

Chain- Shimano HG53-9

Seat Post- Kona Double Clamp

Seat- WTB Power V Comp

Handlebars- Kona DH Aluminum Riser OS

Grips- *EDIT* NEW ODI Yeti black/red lock-on grips, just put on (see pics)

Stem- Kona DH

Headset- TH

Front Hub- KK disk 20mm

Rear Hub- Sun Ringle Demon 150 x 12mm

Tires- 26 x 2.50 Maxxis Minion

Overall this bike looks and rides great. I’m about 5’9 and the medium frame sizes up perfect with me. The bike has only been truly downhilled for about a month, but with Arizona’s rocky terrain, it didn’t take long for the bike to collect some dings and scratches. I have provided a link to a bunch of pictures that basically show where all the scratched spots are. You should notice that the bike only has wear in the most common areas you are likely to hit, scratch, wear, etc and also chain slap wear. At South Mountain, Holbert trail, I did go over the bars which resulted in a slightly bent rear brake lever and scratches around that area, but it is just cosmetic damage that didn’t affect the brakes themselves at all (see pics for lever bend).

I am selling this bike because I decided that I want to get a new bike and I need the extra money. It is a great bike and you should be pleased with it. As stated before, this bike cost a little over $3000 new, but I am going to let it go for only $1600 OBO because of it’s year and since it has some wear. You can see that the entire bike still looks good, it just has almost a months worth of AZ downhill wear. I have provided a bunch of other, higher-quality pictures of the bike at the following link:

http://tinypic.com/...2BQskDeYAF7tyA%3D%3D

|