Accessibility Widget: On | Off

What Video Camera $400-$600??

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2012 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2012 6:18 PM

I would like to by a new video camera and was looking for some recommendations.

Anyway-- I want to use the camera to make some bike edits and document trips. Is HD the way to go? Can I get a camera in my price range to film fast motion aka. . biking? Any suggestions?

Also-- I was wondering, I have an old Canon 10D. . . . how outdated is that thing. I was thinking of getting a new DSLR in the future and was curious to know what camera today is on par with the 10D. Or is the 10D so outdated every new DSLR camera blows it away?

Thanks!

|

5/2/2012 9:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:21 AM

It depends on what your planing on doing. If you want to really film so good stuff then a dslr works great, Its what we use but for 400 to 500 i would get a GoPro Hero 2, lcd screen and update it with ProTune as soon as you can. It might not be the best setup but can get some really good stuff. We love our GoPro and use the footage alot and if you know color correction and editing then ProTune is made for people who plan on working on the film.

As far as your 10d, ive never used one, Ive usd a 550d, 60d, 7d and the new 5D Mark 3.( my company is holding out awhile longer hoping for a 7D Mark 2 butt if not we will go 5D Mark 3)

|