Accessibility Widget: On | Off

advice?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2011 7:28 PM

new to DH. always had my trail bike which i felt super confident on and put that bike wherever i wanted it on the trail. i just bought a DH bike, and im really confused? i dont feel the trail as much, i am in constant worry of sliding out and i feel slower? could it be suspension setup? or anthing mechanical? or is it something im just gonna have to get used to and i will eventually adapt to it? any advice????

-Thanks

|

5/19/2011 7:34 PM

Takes time to adapt....

Are you using the downhill bike on the same trails that you used your trail bike on? If you are then that can explain it too. I will guess you know every root, rock etc on your regular trail. If you now ride a new downhill bike on it, the whole trail will feel muted compared to your smaller bike.

What bikes?

|

5/19/2011 7:36 PM

canadmos wrote:

Takes time to adapt....

Are you using the downhill bike on the same trails that you used your trail bike on? If you are then ...more

that could be it!!! my trail bike was a kona stinky 6 and my DH is a jamis BAM

|

5/20/2011 9:11 AM

go ride some gnarlier stuff, and if you feel like youre gonna slide out maybe your tires are dead? and maybe the bike is a touch too soft. As for the feeling slower it is a bigger bike and alot more comfortable over stuff so just ride it faster haha.

|