Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Trestle Bike Park

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2013 1:57 PM

Has anybody been there? I might go soon and i want to know what its like.
Thanks,
Summertime

|

8/10/2013 11:19 PM

Trestle is fun, but its too "bike parky" for me. The only real downhill trail they have is Trestle DH, but its honestly not that difficult of a trail. I ride there multiple times a month, and it gets old to me. Most of the regulars there feel the same way. They do have a trail called space ape that is a blast, but its only a minute or so long. I ride a full downhill bike there and but i have friends who ride spesh enduros evos, and they seem to be the ideal bike for the park. Also, lots and lots of people on rental bikes who have never heard of proper trail behavior lol but if you've never been I think you will enjoy it. Good atmosphere!

|

8/11/2013 7:58 AM

Thanks! I dont have a downhill bike yet so im probably going to demo the Scott Gambler 10. It seems like a fun bike. Trestle has a little bit of everything right? I know trail behavior, ive been mountain biking since i was like 9 but im just starting to get into downhill.

|

8/11/2013 8:52 AM

My wife and I were there for the Colorado Freeride Festival and got to ride the mountain. I'm a freelance writer so I recorded everything about our trip in a 5 Part story and we put together this video.

?list=UUOraf9oadxgnRe4jveOgX4Q
|

Author of the mountain bike book Twisted Trails

8/11/2013 10:17 AM

yea, Trestle has pretty much everything. Im sure you'll have fun. Post up about how that Scott rides, I ve been curious about those!

|

8/11/2013 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 10:51 AM

GraysonRides wrote:

yea, Trestle has pretty much everything. Im sure you'll have fun. Post up about how that Scott rides, I ve been curious about ...more

Ok i will. I also want to try the Specialized Demo 8. But Im not going until September 5th, im so busy! What bike do you have?

|

8/11/2013 10:51 AM

alex.hutchinson wrote:

My wife and I were there for the Colorado Freeride Festival and got to ride the mountain. I'm a freelance writer so I recorded ...more

Dude! Cool vid! It looks like so much fun! How was the Colorado Freeride Fest? Are you from Colorado? How did the Demo 8 ride?

|

8/11/2013 3:02 PM

The Festival was a blast. Slopsetyle was the easiest and most fun to watch in person. The Demo 8 was a killer bike though it was a bit more than I needed for the green and blue trails. Many of the other trails were off limits due to the racing. I even rode some XC trails on a Specialized Stumpy EVO, I only wish I had more time to explore.

|

8/11/2013 3:25 PM

Awesome! how is the riding in florida?

|

8/12/2013 9:09 AM

Florida is better than you might expect. We have the Santos Trails in Ocala which are rated by the IMBA as some of the best in the nation. We have the Boyette Trails in Riverview, the Alafia trails in Lithia and we just build a small singletrack system in the Carlton reserve in Venice. And that's just on the west coast.

|

8/13/2013 6:36 AM

If you're a good rider bring a 6-7" bike and it's a blast! Nothing super gnarly Downhill but lots of fast, fun, flowy trails and jumps. We are opening a new trail soon called "Hot Wheels" that is pretty much Slopestyle DH. The second vid is Cruel and Unusual, it takes a few laps to learn and then it's no brakes fun times.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Trestle-Tuesday-1,22146/Colorado-FreerideFestival,17150

">

|

8/13/2013 9:01 PM

Trestle rocks, IMO. I, too, was there for the freeride fest, but I was there to race the EWS race. It was a total party. I could see how locals might get bored, but I have friends here in SLC who have season passes there and I rode the lift with a couple guys from Rock Springs, WY who also had season passes. It's definitely on my list to get back to, for sure next year and hopefully this year. I raced my Yeti SB95 for the Enduro, which included the Trestle DH trail (most of it once and a goodly chunk on another stage)--their most difficult trail. I could definitely see having a LOT of fun there on my M9. If you want an old-school ass whuppin', take your trail bike out on the Mountain Goat trail, an old 90s style trail that was most of stage 3 for the race and which everybody said kicked their shit physically and mentally, and many cases mechanically as well.

|

8/13/2013 9:11 PM

And FWIW, I agree Space Ape rips and if you like to huck, hit No Quarter and no-brake it, at least until after the rainbow bridge.

|

8/14/2013 10:49 AM

Thanks! Sounds fun. I am probably going to try a some of those trails. And I might get a season pass next year.

|