Accessibility Widget: On | Off

New Sam Hill Signature Edition tires

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2011 1:41 PM

The guys at Decline just posted up these images of a new Sam Hill Signature Edition of the Butcher DH tire:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Looks pretty slick! According to the Specialized website, they are the same as the original Butcher but also feature Sam's signature, world champ stripes, and some fancy green lettering.

|

5/5/2011 3:05 PM

i like!

|

5/6/2011 8:55 PM

I find it odd that they aren't the Hillbilly... his signature tire... I am guessing he used these for worlds last year, and not the hillbilly... but still, that means he has essentially two spesh tires

|

5/6/2011 9:04 PM

Just because he helped develop a tire doesn't make it his signature tire. If that were the case then a DHF would be Colin Bailey's 'signature tire'. Did he not help develop the Storm too? That would make three 'signature' tires according to your rationale.

|

5/6/2011 10:13 PM

Colin McCarthy wrote:

Just because he helped develop a tire doesn't make it his signature tire. If that were the case then a DHF would be Colin ...more

the hillbilly was designed for sam, he wanted a non mud spike tire, so they made it, whats more signature then that?.. both the butchers and the hillbilly are sick tires,

|

5/6/2011 11:20 PM

yeah but that one doesn't have his signature on it dude
PS I think you missed the point

|

5/6/2011 11:53 PM

yeah i dont really care, there both sick tires and the green is sick, but i wouldnt pay more for them then normal butcher

|

5/7/2011 12:08 AM

My point was that he has a tire with his name already in the title of one tire, he designed the hillbilly with his mechanic. so it... no matter what I say, you won't care. But thanks for the tid bit about the DHF, i didn't know that. cheers... dude.

|

5/7/2011 11:30 AM

I do care what you say, I just don't see what your point is because last i checked he doesn't have his name on the hillbilly. your claim that he already has a 'signature' tire doesn't really hold up and your criticism is lacking validity. All are great tires, sure. As for the price, I don't think they are expecting riders to pay more for this tire, but who knows? they haven't released that info to the best of my knowledge. sheeesh!

|

5/7/2011 12:36 PM

my point was that his name is in the title of the "Hill"billy. your'e right, it's not written on the side as a signature, it's in the bold print of the title. I hope they don't have a large/any mark-up for these tires, a mark-up on a sam hill signature frame makes sense, but a tire with an expected life-time of a few months is an interesting thing to mark up. My criticism isn't lacking credibility-i don't know what you mean by that, I didn't criticize your comment. He modified a tire with his mechanic to better suit his needs/wants-fact. that tire is called the hillbilly-also fact. I'm not trying to argue here, but I don't see what the issue is. If you think my claim that he already has a signature tire then fine, I'll retract that statement. He has a tire with his name in the title-to me that's a "signature tire" this is a "signature edition". I think it's just a different point of view of the whole thing.

|