Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Discussing the Colorado Freeride Festival

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2013 9:51 AM

Ever since I first threw a leg over a Mountain Bike I have been dreaming about attending one of the huge MTB festivals that happen each year. My pick was the Colorado Freeride Festival. With a several different events happening over the course of a long weekend and the location of a small town in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, this was going to be good.

Now comes the hard part. I have never traveled that far, never been out west and never been at that altitude. I have been learning a lot in these past few months to prepare for the trip. I decided that I should probably write about all that I'm learning so that if others in the future also want to travel to their favorite festival, maybe my experience could help.

I'm writing about each part of the process starting with (Part 1 Preparation) and would love to hear any advice that other travelers, MTBers and those who live in Colorado can offer. Thank you.

|

Author of the mountain bike book Twisted Trails

7/31/2013 4:41 PM

Colorado was an amazing vacation with some incredible riding. My wife and I took hundreds of photos of both the Enduro and the Slopestyle contests. The galleries are on Facebook if anyone wants ot look through or tag people. Enjoy.

I'm hoping to put together a video compilation of the weekend but it might take a while.

|

Author of the mountain bike book Twisted Trails