Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Cannondale Claymore for DH

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2012 9:53 PM

So I think eventually it would be nice to have a nice enduro bike as well as a nice DH bike but they both cost soo much these days!! My idea was to get a Cannondale Claymore and swap out parts from ride to ride; Dual crown fork, heavy duty wheels, flat pedals, short seatpost for the DH stuff and then a; Single crown, Clips, Dropper post, light weight trail wheels for all mtn stuff. All based around a 1x10 drivetrain (Prolly 36/34 by 11-34). You think this could work? I'm sure the Claymore would be great as an all mtn bike but has anyone ever used it for DH?? How did it handle??

|

4/16/2012 10:18 AM

I was looking into buying one of these last season, for what your looking to do, I"d suggest it. You won't even need to swap out parts. The claymore 3 I was looking at had lock out shocks with the remote lever on the bars. Stiffen it up for uphills/climbing and then open it up to 180mm for the DH. Depending on your body weight, etc. you could even ride this as a true DH bike in a park / resort setting also. Definitely consider the bike if your only going to own 1 bike. I chose to go with the two bike route in stead of an all in one.

|

4/16/2012 5:56 PM

Cool, thanks for the input. I think I may eventually get one here in a season or so. The bike does seem pretty versatile, but I may just have to get some parts to swap, only because I am coming from a full on DH bike (Demo 8) and I think I'm gonna miss having one of those too much, but as long as all the parts don't cost tooo much I think it would work. Your from Park City? I just moved out to West Valley City myself and looking forward to riding Canyons this summer. Have you ridden there yet?

|

4/16/2012 6:44 PM

I have a 2011 Claymore 1. The biggest change I made was going to 1x10 (36 big ring) with a chain guide. It's my "one bike does all" and I raced some Gravity East rounds and it did really well. The bike likes to be ridden fast and keeps up well with full DH rigs except for the most technical and steep terrain. It's a super fun park bike and with the travel adjust it's a very capable all day pedaler.

|