Accessibility Widget: On | Off

is it worth it?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2012 12:03 PM

i am buying a used DJ, for $700 with the following components... is it worth it? why or why not?

Fully Custom 2011 Commencal Absolut VIP. Everthing on the bike was purchased brand new in this summer of 2011 and works flawlessley. No scratches on the fork stanchions and barely any scratches on the rest of the bike. Specs are as follows:
Frame: 2011 Commencal Absolut VIP
Fork: Marzocchi Dj 2
Bars: Funn Fatboy Dh 1.2 in rise 30.9in wide
Stem: Azonic Barretta
Grips: Odyssey Griswold
Wheels: Atomlab Pimp Hubs custom laced to Halo Combat rims (rear 12t single speed)
Brake: Avid Elixer R with 160mm rotor
Headset: Fsa Commencal Integrated Sealed
BB: Colony Golden Spanish
Cranks: Stolen Mob
Sprocket: Shadow Conspiracy Crank and Bones 28t
Pedals: Wellgo Magnesium or Odyssey Trail Mix (Black)
Chain: Shadow Conspiracy Interlock Half link
Seatpost: Alienation Billy Club Pivotal
Seat: Odyssey Or Fit Pivotal
Tires: Kenda K-Rad 2.35

|

1/5/2012 6:28 PM

Sounds like a reasonable deal to me. If it's pretty fresh and not ridden hard and put away wet. Given that you list a few parts options, I assume that you know the owner. I have some friends that I always feel comfortable buying from and others I know where parts go to die. Is he a smooth rider, or a complete hack? It makes a big difference.

|

1/16/2012 8:51 PM

Everything looks good except the cranks. A friend of mine rode those on his BMX bike and snapped one of the arms in half pretty quickly, so I'd swap those out pretty quickly.

|

2/27/2012 6:30 PM

I ride those crakes off 8 foot drops and they work fine, I rode them on my bmx and my dirt jumper

|

2/28/2012 10:45 PM

i rode those cranks aswell and did great for about a year and half then crank arm snapped but they were rusted on the inside!

|

Bike to live, Live to Bike