Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Legit places to ride DH in SoCal

Related:
Create New Tag

5/6/2010 4:32 PM

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you out there wouldn't mind sharing some good spots to ride Dh. I know of Laguna Beach and that was rad, and Mt. Pinos, that's ok, I've got a friend up in Santa Barbara and he is all over the scene up there, but I've heard little tidbits here and there at races and such and it sounds like there is just a heck of a lot of place to ride, but no one ever tells you how to get there. So if you know of a good spot, post it with some good directions please.

Thanks

|

5/10/2010 3:36 PM

i ride pretty local trails around me... i'm from west covina area. There's Turnbull Canyon and Santiago Oaks Canyon in Irvine is pretty sick

|

5/19/2010 7:47 PM

go to hurkey creek in Idyllwild there's a ton of trails up there. if you want to DH you can get shuttled to the top and ride down it's a good five miles of single track or more. then there is the hellrazor trail which they have a video of it posted on vital. there's a shit ton of cross country trails there too.

|

5/20/2010 8:23 PM

Irvine eh? Cool, i think i've heard the name Turnbull Canyon. So how do you get there?

i've heard of Hurkey, but only as XC riding. So how do you get there and is there a bike shop that will shuttle you or are you on your own?

Thanks

|

6/5/2010 10:16 AM

sam hill trail off the side of the ortega highway is an amazing trail built by sam, and theres also rainbow canyon in temecula

|

6/5/2010 10:16 AM

o and fontana and mt. baldy

|

6/15/2010 8:16 PM

I live at the bottom of Turnbull canyon which has some fun trails,another place to ride is vail lake and rainbow canyon in temecula.

|

9/16/2010 11:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2010 12:44 PM

hemet is where its at for sure. wheel jammer and pachea are two minutes shuttles and you have three 20+ minute downhill rides in the local hills

|

11/1/2010 7:51 PM

you ever hit webb canyon? its in Claremont right off the 210 i think! i just went there yesterday it was super mellow. you need a couple of homies with you unless you wanna ride by your self or hike a bunch, but basicly you park your car at the bottom and wait for your friends to get done, drive them all up to the top and do it again!

|

11/18/2010 7:01 PM

What's up SoCal crew? I just moved to the area (Costa Mesa) and will be looking to ride once my wrist is healed a little better. Hope to meet some of you on the trails.

|

2/8/2011 6:16 PM

I live in Temecula and I can not find the Vail Lake or Rainbow Canyon trails. Are there any landmarks to look for so I know im parking/in the right place etc.
Thanks.

|