2011 Trek Gary Fisher Paragon 29'er For Sale! Like New! Only $600 Cash!

jetboymusic
Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 9:36am

I'm selling my 2011 Trek Gary Fisher Paragon 29'er, not because I want to, due to cash problems. It's a 15.5" frame, and has some customization done by me. I'm asking only $600 cash, which is less than people are asking for the 2010 model, which had a major frame recall where the frame welds literally crumbled where the seatpost tube met the upper crossbar. 2010 was the last year for Gary Fisher owning the company, and 2011 was the first year for Trek building and issuing their "Gary Fisher Collection", which is why I waited and bought the 2011 model. The bike is located at my home in State College, PA (Penn State).

I bought it brand new at the end of 2010 from Freeze-Thaw Bikes in State College, PA, which is also where the bike is located. Original MSRP was $2,300. It hasn't been ridden much since, not because I didn't love the bike, but because I was diagnosed with with a serious illness about a year after buying it, had 3 major surgeries, and then had to deal with another major illness on top of that one. It's been a tough past 5 years for me, which is why I'm selling my belongings, but also why this bike is in like-new condition. There is one small scratch on the seatpost-tube of the frame from me setting the bike down once, stupidly. Other than that there isn't a single mark on the bike.

UPGRADES:
So I spent about $600 as soon as the bike came in (original MSRP of this bike from Trek in 2011/2012 was just under $2,200). The first thing I swapped out was the stock OEM handlebar, which was very, very odd to say the least. It was a Bontrager 12-degree "Sweeping" Handlebar, basically the bars came right back towards your lap and forced an all-upright riding position. I understood the concept, but hated it just looking at it. So I put a #1.) Crank Brothers XC-Race Handlebar on it; 15mm rise, 6 degrees back and 5 degrees up, in Cobalt Blue to match the frame colors. I did not put bar-ends on this bike, as I use them on my other Gary Fisher hardtail and didn't feel them necessary on the 29'er with 30-speeds, I just didn't need them; that being said, the Crank Brothers XC-Race handlebar is perfect to add Bar-Ends to if you wish (the OEM handlebar would never have allowed Bar-Ends)...Along with the Handlebar I added a set of premium #2.) Crank Brothers Iodine Grips, they are made of a black rubber that is almost similar to "memory foam" in that they take the shape of your hand, but they are soft rubber, not foam. They have adjustable, metal locking collars on both ends in Cobalt Blue to match the frame colors. The next upgrade I made was the saddle, as the OEM Bontrager Evoke 2 saddle was thin, hard as a rock, and I did not adjust to it after several weeks of riding. I don't like a fat-looking saddle with tons of padding or gel, but I do want some comfort. So I swapped in a #3.) Crank Brothers Iodine 3 Saddle in white leather with black trim to match the frame colors. It's an awesome Saddle, it was quite expensive but well worth the comfort and the look. The next upgrade/replacement I made was the tires, and I did this out of necessity just a year ago. The stock OEM tires this Paragon came with were Bontrager tubeless that were very, very knobby, and as a result very, very heavy. I found them to sometime be an asset, but more often they were a pain in the butt because they made cornering extremely slow, especially tight corners. So when I replace the tires last year, I put on a set of #4.) Bontrager tubeless that are 29"x2.3", and though they have a pretty aggressive tread, they are much less-knobby than the OEM set, and they weigh less than half of what the stock OEM tires weighed, and cornering and just technical riding in-general is much easier and quicker. Finally, the largest and most expensive upgrade, or rather add that I made to the bike was the pedals. I have been riding clipless for years, and whether or not you like clipless pedals or not, if you buy this bike you are getting the best-quality set of clipless pedals you could possibly buy. The bike came without pedals, so I added a set of #5.) Shimano Deore XTR Clipless Pedals. These suckers cost almost $200, but were well worth the money and are the most amazing set up clipless pedals I've ever ridden. Quick, smooth, seamless in and out, and I still have the original box they came in with the original cleat switch-outs. ****JUST AN FYI, I'M INCLUDING THE SHIMANO DEORE XTR CLIPLESS PEDALS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IS ON THE BIKE. IF YOU DON'T RIDE CLIPLESS PEDALS, DON'T HAVE SHOES, ETC., THEN IT'S EXTREMELY EASY TO REMOVE THEM AND TO THEN FIT ANY SET OF STANDARD PLATFORM PEDALS IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES, WHETHER IT'S AN EXPENSIVE SET OF PEDALS OR A CHEAP SET OF PLASTIC PEDALS FROM WALMART, DOESN'T MATTER, THEY'LL FIT THE CRANK ARMS AND THEY COME ON AND OFF WITH A CRESCENT WRENCH.

Feel free to call me on my landline at (814) 308-8612 anytime (I don't have a cell phone right now), or you can EMAIL Me, which is better actually because I'm constantly on my computer. Email me at jetboymusic@hotmail.com with any questions or to come see the bike.

I don't have any photos of the bike with the upgrades, only the photo I took of it years ago when it was stock, and I don't have a camera right now. It looks EXACTLY THE SAME, with the exception of the white Crank Brothers saddle, the Carbon Blue Crank Brother handlebar (not sweeping, lol), and the Shimano Deore XTR Clipless Pedals. Other than those changes, it looks just like the photo, literally, no marks, scratches, dings, etc. except for the one small scratch as described above. It was housed inside my townhouse and then inside my house mostly, in the climate control, and out of the elements.
|

Post a reply to: 2011 Trek Gary Fisher Paragon 29'er For Sale! Like New! Only $600 Cash!

The Latest